Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Mexican chicks are hot.
I'd blow my brains out if I lived in New Jersey.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

Mekstizzle wrote:

is new jersey really as bad as everyone says it is
In British terms I would liken it to Sheffield or Scunthorpe.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT

CameronPoe wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

It is. Princeton is kind of nice (primarily because Princeton University is there), but the vast majority is either urban dump (all of the north), disgusting beachfront cities such as that featured in Jersey Shore and Atlantic City, or dysfunctional and bland rural towns with no geographical character.
Ioan92
+337|5720

S.Lythberg wrote:

America's "happiness" ranking is very low among developed nations, we're overworked, underpaid, and generally miserable.
That has to be the most dumb/ ignorant statement I've heard in a long while.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fat, dumb and happy syndrome.
You gotta admit though, the happy part must be nice...  (not so much the other two).
I don't know about that - ignorance is bliss....

Cybargs wrote:

Instead of guns, you get stabbings instead with Aus and UK.
Can't speak for Aus, but the UK still has significantly lower per capita knife crime rates than the US.

Gun crime in the US is a far higher proportion of homicides - but the differences in the figures are immense. Knife crime in the UK is supposedly a youth phenomenon. Lets look at the homicide figures for the US, UK, France and Germany - for the US the rate is 11/100000, in the UK it is 0.9, in Germany 0.8 and in France 0.6. That's a vast difference. (Latin America averages 36 and Africa 17 BTW)
US homicide rates are 7 per 100k AFAIK. Most of it is either drug or gang related.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

CameronPoe wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'd interpret that to mean it's fucking awful.

And who says the US is a shitty place to live?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
https://savetherobot.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/fallout-3-2.jpg

A sunny day in New Jersey
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Ioan92 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

America's "happiness" ranking is very low among developed nations, we're overworked, underpaid, and generally miserable.
cheer the fuck up
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

S.Lythberg wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

We kill each other instead.

I'm happy
Me too

But the people who took the easy way out when they were younger are now (unsurprisingly) unfulfilled later in life.
You've noticed that too?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
I don't rightly see how you came to the conclusion that shitty place to live means someone is going to blow their brains out. That seems far too simple of an explanation for me to buy it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Somalia is far worse than those countries.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
i wanna play fallout 3 again.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom

jord wrote:

me too.  II didnt get a chance to beat it before my old pc died.
Tu Stultus Es
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

eleven bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

me too.  II didnt get a chance to beat it before my old pc died.
I did, but there's so many side quests and hours of gameplay. plus all the expansions.

im gonna go buy it and complete it being a proper cunt to people.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
Well this should explain Belgium...

Not sure about the others.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-01-31 08:51:12)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well apparently Mexicans are twice as happy as Americans.
Thread fails.
Must be all the marijuana....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Mekstizzle wrote:

One of the levels in Half-Life was inspired by New Jersey.

I believe it was "Ravenholm"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

One of the levels in Half-Life was inspired by New Jersey.

I believe it was "Ravenholm"
It really is garbage.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
rather live in new jersey than texas
Tu Stultus Es
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

Ioan92 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Piecing together information from more than 100 studies in the growing field of happiness research, a British psychologist has produced what he says is the first world map of happiness.

It ranks 178 countries, with Denmark at the top and the African nation of Burundi at the bottom. The United States comes in 23rd.

“While happiness is intangible, the scales used in these studies are very accurate,” said Adrian White, an analytic social psychologist who is working toward a doctorate at the University of Leicester. “Happiness research is far from an exact science, but it is the best way we have of looking at it.”

White analyzed the data in relation to a nation’s health, wealth and access to education. The United States came in relatively low — beneath Bhutan, Brunei and Canada, among other countries — in large part because of health factors. “You don’t have the highest life expectancy,” he noted.
stfu
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fat, dumb and happy syndrome.
You gotta admit though, the happy part must be nice...  (not so much the other two).

On a totally unrelated note, The Saturdays covered a Depeche Mode song?
Covered one, used another as background.

But yes, if you're ignorant about how tenuous your fortunate position is, and don't give a shit about anyone elses situation its easy to be happy.
youre an angry lad.  you just proved the OP you bitter bitter man.
11 Bravo
Banned

S.Lythberg wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Piecing together information from more than 100 studies in the growing field of happiness research, a British psychologist has produced what he says is the first world map of happiness.

It ranks 178 countries, with Denmark at the top and the African nation of Burundi at the bottom. The United States comes in 23rd.

“While happiness is intangible, the scales used in these studies are very accurate,” said Adrian White, an analytic social psychologist who is working toward a doctorate at the University of Leicester. “Happiness research is far from an exact science, but it is the best way we have of looking at it.”

White analyzed the data in relation to a nation’s health, wealth and access to education. The United States came in relatively low — beneath Bhutan, Brunei and Canada, among other countries — in large part because of health factors. “You don’t have the highest life expectancy,” he noted.
stfu
chalk ioan up there as another typical bf2s anti america douche fuck with incorrect information as usual.  they have no facts and usually are unable to provide solid examples about anything.  fuck em.  well done sir.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

ITT: People who think know the world because of the internets
11 Bravo
Banned

jsnipy wrote:

hey man their college prof and the bbc told them so...so it is fact.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

11 Bravo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

hey man their college prof and the bbc told them so...so it is fact.
I forgot, 1st year university students understand the world so clearly (that's also an issue for americans)

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-01-31 10:10:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard