+14|6552
For Spec-Op is it the G36C or the Scar-L
For Snipers is it the M95 or the L96A1
Assault... G3 or F2000
Support... PKM or MG36
Engineer.. Jackhammer or MP7
Medic...   L85 or G36E
AT..  DAO or P90

I think for most of them, it is the 2nd one, but some people like the first unlock still...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
a lot of them are near impossible to compare since the weapons have entirely different features.

the f2000 has a GL, the g3 doesnt.  the jackhammer is a shotgun, the mp7 isnt.  the dao is a shotgun, the p90 isnt.

it all depends on your playing style, the map, and whats most appropriate at the time.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
M95 ftw
G36C ftw
G3 ftw
PKM ftw
JackHammer ftw
G36E ftw
P90 ftw
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731
Ok... I'll give my view.

G36C - more accurate than the M4 and AK-74. The QBZ is better than the unlocks anyway.
L96A1 - just more accurate, smaller crosshairs.
G3 - F2000 is good, but its very similar to the AKs. G3 is a good quick killer weapon.
PKM - MG36 is an RPK clone.
MP7 - The standard shotguns are better than the jackhammer.
G36E - amazing accuracy
P90 - if you're actually shooting tanks, and the guy gets out, a DAO-12 wont help you.
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6605|Ames, IA
Some can be directly comapred....

G36C>Scar L
PKM>MG36
G36E>L85
L96>M95

Just my opinion.  I agree that it depends on the map for the other guns though
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio
spec ops- scar l because the skrewed up the best gun in the game the g36c
sniper- l96
assault- G3 because nade launchers are pointless
support- PKM Now best gun in the game!
engineer- MK3A1(Jackhammer)
Medic- G36E
AT- DAO-12
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
even with the m95/l96a1 i'd argue it depends on the map.  if you're on a map with a lot of transport vehicles or choppers, i'd go with the m95.  if you're on a map which is mostly ground based infantry battles, then i'd go with the l96a1.

i agree with you on the other three though, mattrsch.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Specops: G36C seems to have a bit more umph then the SCAR-L, and remains accurate despite its lack of a scope

Sniper: equal - M95 is a very deadly weapon, and an airfield-camper's wet dream; L96A1 is an accurate weapon and a better choice than the M21

Assault: equal - G3 is a cannon in its own right, though the F2000 has a grenade launcher, a scope (ineffective at super-long range) and flashbangs

Support: equal - PKM's slow rate of fire allows it to be used in "semi-auto" mode, which gives you a bit more accuracy, while the MG36 is more effective for close-mid range

Engineer: with the default eng autoshotty being more effective than the EA-raped Jackhammer MK3A1, the clear choice is the MP7 with its incredible rate of fire for close-range ownage; too bad you have to unlock the Jackhammer first

Medic: equal - the L85A1 is great for taking stray infantry and snipers...from a safe location, while the burst fire on the G36E offers greater survivability in close range

AT: equal the DAO-12 is arguably the best shotgun next to the one-shot-wonder pump actions, but can have a slow reload time; the P90 has been vastly improved since the last patch, and has the same rate of fire as the MP7

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-21 15:35:55)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Specops: G36C seems to have a bit more umph then the SCAR-L, and remains accurate despite its lack of a scope

Sniper: equal - M95 is a very deadly weapon, and an airfield-camper's wet dream; L96A1 is an accurate weapon and a better choice than the M21

Assault: equal - G3 is a cannon in its own right, though the F2000 has a grenade launcher, a scope (ineffective at super-long range) and flashbangs

Support: equal - PKM's slow rate of fire allows it to be used in "semi-auto" mode, which gives you a bit more accuracy, while the MG36 is more effective for close-mid range

Engineer: with the default eng autoshotty being more effective than the EA-raped Jackhammer MK3A1, the clear choice is the MP7 with its incredible rate of fire for close-range ownage; too bad you have to unlock the Jackhammer first

Medic: equal - the L85A1 is great for taking stray infantry and snipers...from a safe location, while the burst fire on the G36E offers greater survivability in close range

AT: equal the DAO-12 is arguably the best shotgun next to the one-shot-wonder pump actions, but can have a slow reload time; the P90 has been vastly improved since the last patch, and has the same rate of fire as the MP7
Spec.
G36C, low recoil and Effective. Scar-L has too much recoil to be a comfortable weapon to take out multiple enemies in one clip. Both have a nice zoom, but the Scar-L recoils so much I find the laser dot unsatisfactory compared to the irons and low recoil of th G36C.

Sniper, the M95 crosshairs stink hands down, and it was such a disappointing unlock in its own right that I think this gun is a true POS. The L96A1 hands down for me. The sight, the noise profile, and accuracy make it a winner for me. That and I seem to have such bad packet loss, that hitting a moving target is difficult enough when they are infantry, nevermind sniping a moving chopper with an ugly crosshair.

Assault - The G3 is nice, a bit rough on the recoil, but powerful. It's drawback is its ammo clip sucks, and taking out multiple targets takes a suprising amount of discpline not to whiz through the 20 round clip. The fact that there is no GL is a further draw back. F2000 is powerful, nice scope, a bit rough on the recoil, but it has a GL. I would always go for the F2000.

Support - The PKM is definetly king, especially in the previous patch (that was uncontested im sure). The MG36 suffers greatly at range, and close combat the RPK is just as good, and the PKM maintains its stopping power if you are already proned (the new delay should be implemented in all weapons not just PKM and MG36). Id take the MG36 over the saw, but not over the RPK. I take the RPK over the PKM now, but the PKM if I'm going for a flag at range. The MG36 isn't horrible though, its long overheat time is a bonus for close range combat and large clip size. It's just I feel uncomfortable utilizing it at range, it just can't drop people in half like the PKM can at range (even now post patch).

Engineer - The Mp7 is fun and can kill, but you have to consider what you use the engineer for. Tanks and APCs. When you have to bail out of an APC you are in a fire fight. and usually a guy is trying to C4 your ass. The best solution is to Jackhammer him in the face and eat the death while you get raped by all the infantry around you. Then you can respawn and get the tank or apc again so the other team doesn't fucking steal it (I hate people who let the team steal vehicles! It's your duty to keep it or make sure someone else on the team uses it if you get bored).

Medic - Totally uncontested in my opinion: G36E. Great sight, great 3 round burst, low recoil, excellent close combat and long range single fire mode. Can kill multiple targets with ease. Suffers from running out of ammo though as after every set of kills I will reload. Definetly needs a support buddy. The L85 thingy is the worst piece of shit ever now in my opinion. It used to be the hot unlock, it was a good gun I admit I loved it then. I used it all the time. But with the new unlocks introduced, it just can't compete. It has horrible automatic fire, literally its like shooting the AWP in CS the bullets magically go all over anywhere but near where you are aiming. In single shot it is GREAT but only for 2 shots, then it sucks ass. Worse is if you get stuck in single shot mode and someone suprises you, unless you cap him in the head you are fucking dead. I hate that. It has one saving grace though, it's sight is awesome, and it kills with one shot to the head.

AT - Dao 12 no question about it. It used to be better when you could bunny hop and chunka chunka on people, kind of like the nub stick in CS (autoshotty). But bunnyhopping aside, it will save your ass when people run at you close range. It struggles to take out more then 2 targets though - It seems that the corpse of the first target you kill blocks a lot of the pellets from hitting people behind it as the corpse falls. This can be extremely frusterating when you empty a 12 clip on 3 guys and only take out 1-2 of them. Nobody should walk away from buckshot in the face like that The P90 while a great gun in other games, suffers from nasty recoil in this game and the need for a support buddy. It's great at close range if you need to spray and pray on one guy (kinda like the DAO12) but a DAO12 will take out 2 guys before your P90 does. For this reason I don't feel as safe from getting bum rushed while holding a P90, whereas you can turn around quickly and Dao  a guy in the face and he will drop like a sack of bricks.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-04-21 16:14:01)

Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6686
damn zen, way to write a fucking biography. SHIT.
][v][artini
+31|6690|Netherlands
Easy...
G36C
L96A1
F2000
PKM
Jackhammer, but i prefer the one u always have... the normal Shotgun
G36E
P90
petethecheese
+9|6733|England
Spec ops - I prefer the SCAR-L - better for those single shot distance snipes
Sniper  - L96.  No doubt.  The M95 is less accurate (if you want to shoot pilots, get in the AA) and underpowered
Assault - F2000, only for the Flashbangs.  help you out of a spot or two against armour or helos
Support - PKM.  Nuff said
Engineer - MP7. you can actually hit targets at a distance, from prone, with single shots/short bursts. Basic
shotguns are more powerful than the jackhammer.
Medic - L85A2.  Use the scope and single shot and it's damn accurate.  Since patch, it's got power, too
AT - P90.  Again, you can hit ranged targets. DAO12 is fine up close, but you gotta get close. P90 gives the option of a bit of distance
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6655|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
amen i the only thing i disagree on you with would be the sniper/medic both rifle can be what ever you make it...people say the p90 sucks arse, but if you know how to use it it can fucking obliterate someone.  and w/ the m95 crosshairs they had to do it tother wise there would be no "balence" for the noobs they would get pwned even more but other wise great post +1 for all
anoverdose
+0|6556
G36C
m95=l96a1 (depends on situation)
f2000
mg36
mp7
g36e
don't know (haven't yet unlocked the p90, i only know th l96 from dead people's kits.)
Duncan1234
+5|6574
spec ops-g36c highly accurate

sniper-L96A1 powerful n accurate

assault-F2000 has a nade launcher is accurate n powerful

support-MG36 more accurate thn the PKM

engy-MP7 better thn the shotguns at close n longer ranges

medic-G36E accuarate n better thn the SA80 the FAMAS would be a better unlock

anti-tank-P90 has a longer range n is more accurate thn the other AT SMG n cums with a red dot scope

i think the BF2:SF SAS SPEC OPS G36K would be a gd unlock 4 spec ops coz its accurate even usin full auto

Last edited by Duncan1234 (2006-04-21 16:31:46)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

Duncan1234 wrote:

support-MG36 more accurate thn the PKM
From the wiki:

Weapon   Dmg.     RoF. (rpm)     Min Dev.    Dev. S/C/P      Dev. Zoom    Dev. Shot     

PKM         45               450                  0.1      3/1.2/0.8              1             0.15 (2.5)

MG36         30               600                 0.1      3/1.2/0.8             1            0.1 (10)

MG36 has identical accuracy on the initial shot to the PKM. For every automatic or triburst burst subsequent shot, the MG36 only adds 0.1 deviation and the PKM held down in automatic adds 0.15. However the MG36 bullet does 33% less damage and fires 25% faster (But you can't really utilize this and maintain single shot accuracy). The deviations for positioning are the same. It takes 4-6 bullets to kill an unarmored/armored target with the MG36. The PKM can cut an unarmored/armored man down in 3-4 shots (from the Wiki).

Hence you can't really pick people off with the MG36 at long range because it takes too many rounds. It's first shot may be identical to the PKM, but if you are using tri-burst it is only going to get worse and worse 0.1 then 0.2 then 0.3. If you are bursting single shots, you have to land 4-6 single burst snipe shots with the MG36 to kill, but granted your deviation will be 0.1 for each shot. If you are using single shots for the PKM (not holding down fire but bursting one shot at a time) your deviation will again be 0.1 for each shot identical to the MG36. However, you will kill the enemy in 3-4 shots instead of 4-6. Hence they are both as accurate provided you fire single shots in full-auto mode. If you use triburst for the MG36 it is not more accurate. Following this logic, the PKM is the better weapon as it can snipe kill people much faster.

You ought to argue that the MG36 is better for murdering close range, and then I would half agree with you, it just needs a little more stopping power. Putting 12 aimed rounds into 3 armored guys is a lot more appealing then 18 aimed rounds with the MG36 even if it fires 25% faster. While firing faster helps, you still need to do damage and maintain accuracy.
Duncan1234
+5|6574
GD point but i still think the MG36 IS better thn the PKM
WilyHawk
+14|6552

mnmant wrote:

Just Play All Of Them And Choose For Yourself!!!
I will play them all when I have them all unlocked.  But I was wanting to know which ones to unlock first.  Now I know not to waste my time getting the MG36 until later.

Thanks Guys!!!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
Spec Ops: G36C
Sniper: L96A1
Assault: F2000
Support: PKM
Engineer: depends what location your at
Medic: L85A1
Anti-Tank: depends what location your at.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-04-22 09:34:22)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6726|United States of America
G36C
L85A1
L96A1
Jackhammer
DAO-12
MG36
G3
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere
i would have to agree with the Zenmaster on this one

although i don't have NEAR the same experience, i have the same feelings
Defiance
+438|6642

I'm going with zen on all of em.

My favorite for assault used to be G3 because of my sad sad times with the F2K, but sometime in the plethora of recent patches it's really really good, atleast to me

So I use it alot now.
alpinestar
+304|6567|New York City baby.
man who needs unlocks when there is AK-101 Ill take one from a MEC if im USMC this is getting to the point where I can actually snipe with the fucking thing
WormGuts
+17|6764|Dayton, Ohio
does it really matter since you have to unlock before getting to the other?
WormGuts
+17|6764|Dayton, Ohio

Miller wrote:

G36C
L85A1
L96A1
Jackhammer
DAO-12
MG36
G3
are you kidding me...no mention of the PKM after all the complaints about how "l337" it is now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard