grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6359

csmag wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Special_Op wrote:

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
GullyFoyle
+25|5402
First pics of PC Beta posted online!  They are just pictures of two menus, but I'm sure some people will be able to figure out a lot about the game just by seeing the config options... Source

https://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3983/bfbf2menu1.th.jpg_https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5771/bfbc2menu2.th.jpg

==================================================

GamereactorTV - Video interview with Gordan Van Dyke

Battlefield blog post about the PC beta! Source

When's the Beta
First, let's start by making the official time and date of the Beta the start of this Blog in what will be and EPIC moment in DICE's PC History! The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It
The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB. Here's a hyper-link reminder http://bit.ly/4GJk2a on which retailers will provide PC Beta access through pre-ordering.

Why we're Having a Beta
The Beta is happening for many reasons, like testing the infrastructure, hosting stability, and gameplay tuning (FOV, Weapon Balance, etc...) that no amount of internal testing could provide better than real world exposure. This is means there will also be times of choppiness, lag, disconnects, CTDs or other issues a Beta version of any MP game would have. We'll have feedback methods similar to the PS3 Beta as well to ensure your input is gathered and heard.

Advanced warning: there will be things updated in the final game, like a Server browser with more functions, optimizations, performance tweaks, and learning's from the Beta.

This truly is a Beta, so remember that all feedback is appreciated and wanted! :-)

Hosting the Beta
Renting of Beta servers will not be possible, but we'll work closely with all our RSPs* to ensure there is always enough capacity for each individual regions.

Where to Download the Beta
We'll distribute with many partners as possible to ensure the fastest DLs no matter your location around the world. Current know locations and methods will be EADM, Steam, Torrents (only get this from legit sources, i.e. an RSP*), and all our RSP's.

Getting Started In the Beta
STEP 1: Make sure you have at least 5GB free on your HDD and then download and Install BFBC2! :-D
STEP 2: Once installation is completed (install size will be around 1.5GB) start the client and click the login button. You will then be prompted to sign in with your EA Account. If you don't have an EA Account you'll be able to create one in the same screen. (You may also create your EA Account in advance HERE)
STEP 3: Enter the unique PC Beta Code during the log in process to authenticate your participation in the Beta.
Step 4: Create your Soldier name (this will lock that name to your EA account for retail if you want to keep it).

Note: You will not be able to play or access any multiplayer menus without being authenticated. After the Beta Key is registered it will be tied to your EA Account and no longer valid for new registrations. Our game will use SecuROM for the Beta and Final games .exe, for more info on how SecuROM works in BFBC2 please read this Blog to learn about it in more detail.

* Ranked Server Provider (RSP)

//GvD

Battlefield blog post about the Beta and Securom copy protection:  Source.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-01-27 06:21:35)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK
Thanks for the info, GullyFoyle.

Heh ... seems you have a rather large FAQ going on there.
Volatile
+252|6720|Sextupling in Empire

They're allowing name reserving in the beta.......interesting.
GullyFoyle
+25|5402

liquidat0r wrote:

I'll be happy to relocate it over here after the game is released.  Now where's that BC2 section?
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6704|"The Empire"
My beta key arrived from play.com, they were not lying!

Was hoping to download it now ready for tomorrow, but links dont work yet so it will be madness tomorrow when everyone downloads it at the same time!

Last edited by UK|Hooligan (2010-01-27 08:32:41)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Was hoping to download it now ready for tomorrow, but links dont work yet so it will be madness tomorrow when everyone downloads it at the same time!
I think I read somewhere that they're gonna have torrents for it, so that'll be good.

GullyFoyle wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

I'll be happy to relocate it over here after the game is released.  Now where's that BC2 section?
Sounds good ... I'm working on it!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484

liquidat0r wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

I think I read somewhere that they're gonna have torrents for it, so that'll be good.

GullyFoyle wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Sounds good ... I'm working on it!
Yeah, torrents, steam and the EA Downloader will have it.

A bunch of third parties will has well I'd imagine.
baggs
+732|6220
Oh, i have a beta key now. I'm excited at the thought of playing but it's going to be wierd being a newb again, but everyone will be in the same situation.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6327

Fucking Gamestop in Canada doesn't give out beta keys for pre-ordering
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6489|6 6 4 oh, I forget

baggs wrote:

Oh, i have a beta key now. I'm excited at the thought of playing but it's going to be wierd being a newb again, but everyone will be in the same situation.
I can already see it in my eyes when the "pro's" hit the streets. "NOOB!" "OMG u such n00b sux dix" "tk/rape/base/homo/mother/chopper/plane/printer/apc/snowball/fork/tank/nadespammer n00b"

Gonna be a blast
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6658|can
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK

Ultrafunkula wrote:

baggs wrote:

I can already see it in my eyes when the "pro's" hit the streets. "NOOB!" "OMG u such n00b sux dix" "tk/rape/base/homo/mother/chopper/plane/printer/apc/snowball/fork/tank/nadespammer n00b"

Gonna be a blast
Haha, yeah

I joined a game of BF2 earlier ... first things I see in the chat are "fuck off u tk noob" and "viperz is a fckin hakcer"
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484
In the PS3 beta there was no friendly fire, hopefully it will be the same for PC.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
They might aswell turn it off for public, ranked servers. Creates more hassle than does good.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

Mekstizzle wrote:

They might aswell turn it off for public, ranked servers. Creates more hassle than does good.
Same, it still needs to be an option for unranked servers though.
GullyFoyle
+25|5402

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

In the PS3 beta there was no friendly fire, hopefully it will be the same for PC.
I'm hoping they have both "regular" and hard-core servers running, and you can select what you want via the server browser.
Unfortunately, on the server browser screenshot I didn't see a Hardcore filter selection...  http://ow.ly/10Yg3

Edit:  Well, I guess we know where these SS's came from, check the ping to Hypernia Bad Compay Beta Chicago server -- "1"!

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-01-27 09:24:21)

P_Diaz
+6|5576|USA
I pre-ordered this game and I can't wait for the game to come out!
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

GullyFoyle wrote:

I'm hoping they have both "regular" and hard-core servers running, and you can select what you want via the server browser.
Unfortunately, on the server browser screenshot I didn't see a Hardcore filter selection...  http://ow.ly/10Yg3

Edit:  Well, I guess we know where these SS's came from, check the ping to Hypernia Bad Compay Beta Chicago server -- "1"!
The most recent blog post says that they will make changes to the server browser based on feedback from the beta. More filters will likely fall under that.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6729|Purplicious Wisconsin
I registered on that german battlefield site strangelove posted and haven't gotten an email yet.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

War Man wrote:

I registered on that german battlefield site strangelove posted and haven't gotten an email yet.
Yeah, a proper translation would reveal that you aren't ensured access by signing up there.

The only way to be sure you get in to the beta is to pre-order from Steam or the EA Store.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6729|Purplicious Wisconsin

War Man wrote:

Yeah, a proper translation would reveal that you aren't ensured access by signing up there.

The only way to be sure you get in to the beta is to pre-order from Steam or the EA Store.
Fucking retarded, you have to buy the game before you try thing has gotta stop when it comes to betas.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard