+2,054|6776|Little Bentcock
But only when I re-sub.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6624

Morpheus wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

ok, so i finished playing a bit for tonight...

first impressions:

WoW with ships
NO!

bad Morpheus, bad!
didn't say i was done completely...
but yea... ok, click this... now click this.... to fire, click this.....

i want to fly first person and shoot shit, it that too hard?

also, am tired atm. that might have something to do with my perceptions.
basically he does have a point though

combat in EVE is the most boring asinine shit ever

click a single button once then orbit for a while

it's the most unrewarding and unengaging shit ever

at least in WoW there's a responsiveness and reaction element... in eve it's like a war of attrition between slow-firing shit and shield rechargers
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

Uzique wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

NO!

bad Morpheus, bad!

at least in WoW there's a responsiveness and reaction element... in eve it's like a war of attrition between slow-firing shit and shield rechargers
It's really not
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
When you get lots of guns and lot's of modules and not much cap, it all become tactical.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
also rightclick>orbit in a frigate is an awesome way to get killed. they need to be manually flown.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FatherTed wrote:

also rightclick>orbit in a frigate is an awesome way to get killed. they need to be manually flown.
Back when I played my 14days.. Orbit at gun optimum range worked wonders... everything went all over the place
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
So -A- is crushing providence so I won't have a home soon because CVA doesn't want to fight they just want to run. Can I come live with you guiz plox?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6748|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Blade4509 wrote:

So -A- is crushing providence so I won't have a home soon because CVA doesn't want to fight they just want to run. Can I come live with you guiz plox?
wait isn't providence the wannabe high sec area?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6820

Placeholder so I can keep up with the chatter.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6152|The Mitten
ok, so if i were to hop on later this week, how would i potentially reach one of you (teds) to show 'how to play' as it were?
EE (hats
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

Morpheus wrote:

ok, so if i were to hop on later this week, how would i potentially reach one of you (teds) to show 'how to play' as it were?
mmm my main's in pure blind atm so i cant move him out to meet you... i could use my mission running alt, but he has nothing in the way of pvp trained up. I could use my alt i spose, or i could walk you through the game on our chat channel.

Blade4509 wrote:

We (RHI) just left our old alliance and joined R.A.G.E (much better pets). Once we've finalised our move, and possibly when pure blind cools down a bit throw an app in.

Last edited by FatherTed (2010-01-26 11:34:42)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

wait isn't providence the wannabe high sec area?
Yes, and that's why I need to find somewhere else to go since the holders there are easy to get rolled over. The few good combat pilots we have can only do so much.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Volatile
+252|6858|Sextupling in Empire

Uzique wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

NO!

bad Morpheus, bad!

You must have gotten lots of pvp kills with those pro tactics, amirite?

Seriously though, with blob warfare that has some merit, as the leaders in the alliance are really the ones that are setting up the minions for victory/defeat. Small gang warfare is different though and there's much more to it. But you have to actually get out and pvp to know this, not mission for a few days and think that's what eve is about. Missioning and grinding for isk is supposed to be shit. It gives actual value to what your flying, and makes internet spaceships srs bzns.

FatherTed wrote:

Yes, it's a good way to watch your frig go from full health to explode in .2 seconds.

Last edited by Volatile (2010-01-26 16:48:19)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

Blade4509 wrote:

providence? might as well go to highsec...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
That hurts guys. Just because prov gets a bad rap don't tack it onto me. fuck
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6672|Montucky
Uzique is anti-Eve simply because he was trolling in local and got his Ibis sploded.
Volatile

Just listened to the goon we-are-running-to-syndicate meeting.

Hahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaha.

Pure awesome hilarity.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
re sub?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
doit
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spark
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

Spark wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

i shit you not corps go to providence to hide from highsec, because it's too dangerous.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Volatile

Mass testing on singularity in 1.5 hours.

Do yer part and help the devs unfuck tranquility.

GO GO GO! -> http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as … ID=1257152

Last edited by Volatile (2010-01-27 07:22:36)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6748|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Spark wrote:

Spark wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

i shit you not corps go to providence to hide from highsec, because it's too dangerous.
yeah, providence won't be going down anytime soon. Unless if all the major corps band together (minus the providence onces) providence will stay like it is.
Spark
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Spark wrote:

yeah, providence won't be going down anytime soon. Unless if all the major corps band together (minus the providence onces) providence will stay like it is.
yeah. taking an outposted system is pretty tough as it is. taking providence... yeah no.
~ Richard Feynman
Bernadictus
+1,055|6890

Don't let sir Molle hear it, with is his Band of Blobbers....
Spark
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS

Bernadictus wrote:

Don't let sir Molle hear it, with is his Band of Blobbers....
IT is nothing like bob. they've once and for all abandoned any "elitist pvper" tag they once had by accepting all those ex- EXE/SCA/RISE/GBC corps
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard