Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
My friend just told me she is moving to the US and is going to nanny for 12 months. I asked how much she was getting paid, and she said US$200 for 40 hours. I asked where she was doing it and she said Sacramento.

I did some quick research and saw that the minimum wage in Cal is $US8 (correct me if I'm wrong, it was only quick), don't know if it is before or after tax though. So apparently she is making less than 2/3 the minimum hourly wage for where she is.

She said she didn't have to pay for food or accommodation, but I hope she is, otherwise I can't explain where the rest of the money she SHOULD be getting is going.

When I mentioned this she said she didn't care, atleast she gets to see the country, to which I replied no she wouldn't, she will get to see a house and some kids for 12 months and then come home.

Can anyone spread some light on this or am I completely wrong and the internets lied to me.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2010-01-24 21:37:52)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
she is nuts tbh. 200 for 40 hours?  is she insane?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-01-24 21:39:38)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL
$200 for a 40 hour week?  That's only $5/hour, shit retail will net you $8 in most states, but she doesn't have any expenses, so room and board may make up for it
Tetn1s
+59|6634|Los Angeles
thing to consider, people get 8$ minimum wage here, but they also take some of it off because of taxes.... right?
Adams_BJ
That's what I was saying, 8 dollars an hour is mimimum, she is getting 5, so less than 2/3s of the minimum wage.
11 Bravo
Banned
dude and sac town?  thats like going to hell and being hanged.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

$200 for a 40 hour week.

Tell her to don't fucking do it. At that cost she would barely be able to afford health insurance. God forbid if she got hurt while over here.

Also she won't be able to see much of the country while she is working a full time week for a small ass amount like $200. Especially in a pricey ass state like Cali.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
tell her she could crash at my place
Tu Stultus Es
Adams_BJ

eleven bravo wrote:

Well I just found out she had a threesome on the weekend, her first anal experience and she liked it. Might be your type.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Adams_BJ wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Well I just found out she had a threesome on the weekend, her first anal experience and she liked it. Might be your type.
This thread makes her sound like a real class act.

Sorry to say.
Adams_BJ
She swears off drinking every weekend..

Its really weird, she never says a word at work, then when you see her when she's out..
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Sorry to say.
new stripper...

/strip club voice

"live from aussie land, its the sexy dingo"

/ amber up next
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637

Macbeth wrote:

$200 for a 40 hour week.

Tell her to don't fucking do it. At that cost she would barely be able to afford health insurance. God forbid if she got hurt while over here.

Also she won't be able to see much of the country while she is working a full time week for a small ass amount like $200. Especially in a pricey ass state like Cali.
yeah plus things are not all that great here economy wise its going down the drain,.... as Mac mentioned wut is she gonna do if she gets hurt the insurance is not cheap its like 300$ a month I think or ranges from there to much more--- so yeah she should stay there....

yeah about the threesome post pics or didnt happen lol j\k

Last edited by blademaster (2010-01-24 21:56:08)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

blademaster wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

$200 for a 40 hour week.

yeah plus things are not all that great here economy wise its going down the drain,.... as Mac mentioned wut is she gonna do if she gets hurt the insurance is not cheap its like 300$ a month I think or ranges from there to much more--- so yeah she should stay there....
$300? It would be more with Cali taxes + the fact that women have higher insurance rates since more things can go wrong with them.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637

Macbeth wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

$200 for a 40 hour week.

$300? It would be more with Cali taxes + the fact that women have higher insurance rates since more things can go wrong with them.
ah yeah I was thinking how much I have to pay lol
Benzin
+576|5991
Have any of you guys ever had experience with being an au pair? A lot of the girls I've met here in Vienna have done it and they have a running TV series that follows au pairs from Germany that go to England, USA and other countries...

The au pair will get everything paid for: Room, food, etc. She should also have an insurance agreement via the agency that is helping to arrange this, or she can get travel insurance that is really cheap (a German insurance company charged my girlfriend like €30 and it was good for like 6 months) and that will cover any medical bills with perhaps a co-pay. Depends on the insurance she buys.

That being said, the $200 does seem rather low, but I imagine that the family she's going to be with will pay for anything she really needs. Au pairs go with the family on vacation and if the family can afford an au pair, then the family is typically loaded and does some pretty fuckin awesome vacations (one chick got a free ride to somewhere in the Caribbean, essentially).

If your friend IS doing this via an agency (only way I would expect considering all the red tape), then she should talk to the agency and see what kind of personal costs she's going to have while she's over there. If there are problems with the family, she can leave and get the agency to back her. She needs to check out all of this information on what the agency can guarantee her and do for her while she's there. If she's NOT going through an agency, I would back out now and/or look for a better paying family and/or do some forum reading and educate herself. California is a big au pair state and there are forums out there that she can read.

Good luck to your friend.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Sorry to say.
new stripper...

/strip club voice

/ amber up next
I don't think the parents would approve.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
11 Bravo
Banned

Cheez wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Sorry to say.
new stripper...

/strip club voice

/ amber up next
well ya they could do something about it......not
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

11 Bravo wrote:

Cheez wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

new stripper...

/strip club voice

/ amber up next
well ya they could do something about it......not
It's a trap anyway. There isn't any baby sitting job. She is either going to pimped out or forced to strip.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Adams_BJ wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

sounds like free rent to me
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
Wow she's going to be living in 5 star hotels her life with that hourly wage
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

CapnNismo wrote:

Have any of you guys ever had experience with being an au pair? A lot of the girls I've met here in Vienna have done it and they have a running TV series that follows au pairs from Germany that go to England, USA and other countries...

The au pair will get everything paid for: Room, food, etc. She should also have an insurance agreement via the agency that is helping to arrange this, or she can get travel insurance that is really cheap (a German insurance company charged my girlfriend like €30 and it was good for like 6 months) and that will cover any medical bills with perhaps a co-pay. Depends on the insurance she buys.

That being said, the $200 does seem rather low, but I imagine that the family she's going to be with will pay for anything she really needs. Au pairs go with the family on vacation and if the family can afford an au pair, then the family is typically loaded and does some pretty fuckin awesome vacations (one chick got a free ride to somewhere in the Caribbean, essentially).

If your friend IS doing this via an agency (only way I would expect considering all the red tape), then she should talk to the agency and see what kind of personal costs she's going to have while she's over there. If there are problems with the family, she can leave and get the agency to back her. She needs to check out all of this information on what the agency can guarantee her and do for her while she's there. If she's NOT going through an agency, I would back out now and/or look for a better paying family and/or do some forum reading and educate herself. California is a big au pair state and there are forums out there that she can read.

Good luck to your friend.
I banged a hot Swedish au pair many years ago.

In the context of the above, the pay maybe all right.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
Is she fucking stupid. More money to be made in Aus anyway and you have nationalized health insurance. And Sacramento lol is all I could say. She'd be making more as a stripper in Taiwan since she's white (assumption) and all.

200 dollars for 40 hours jesus fucking christ.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
Well its good to see I wasn't just over reacting.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
she can come over here, i never met an australian before

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard