SwordFish95
+1|6837|RWC, CA, USA
I didn't see anyone post this problem on this thread yet. I've been reading through many pages of posts, skipped around a bit too, so tell me if it has been noted already.

Sometimes on Wake Island most or all of the artillery equipment belongs to the USMC team. When playing USMC, I saw the 3 arty icons on the small island AND 1, 2, or sometimes all of the Chinese team's arty icons. When the commander ordered an artillery strike, I saw the Chinese artillery rotate and fire. Sometimes when I played as PLA, I saw only 1, or 2 of our arties. I never saw the Chinese owning more than 3 arties either. So the map isn't fair all the time. Having artillery or not having it may determine the outcome of some rounds, and so it has an effect on players' stats. I've noticed that this bug occurs more often than not.

I see people getting confused when they think they're blowing up the enemy artillery, but it's actually ours, so they don't get the points for destroying a strategic object. It sucks...

Last edited by SwordFish95 (2005-10-12 23:08:37)

BudRell
+2|6828|Home

chuyskywalker wrote:

BudRell wrote:

MotherGoose wrote:

Some (like 2% of other characters) I see run around with no gun, just arms 45 degrees straight out, looking like zombies.
If you ment that you see other players running like that, then you have possibly seen hack in action.
In RTCW it was LEGS...those revealed the ones that were using speedhack.
Then some smartass fixed the hack...
Of course that could be "just an odd happening", I doubt that.
No, that's just what happens when you are revived without a kit nearby. You end up with no weapon and the game freaks out a little bit and puts you into odd poses with no weapon.

BudRell wrote:

MotherGoose wrote:

I have seen other models fire guns (with no gun graphics in their hand).
Hmm....are you sure that YOU have your game still in "original" format ? You have not "tweaked" some graphics configs...? Or used some "external help software"...?
I'm not saying that you have, just curious...
This, also, is just a bug you see once in a while.
I agree on those . But remember, I sometimes write "the worst scenario".
The problem with those "bugs" and odds are (has been...) that everything, especially really strange things , are  put under "bug..happens to some, not to all..". Usually bugs tends to "work" for everyone...or for the most.

But yes, those animation "errors" are quite common in other fps games too.
lockedon
+1|6764
SOLUTION:

1. Start the patch (no this is not a reinstall - keep reading)
2. Select your language
3. At the "welcome-screen", do not proceed!.
4. Keep the patch-window open and go to your start menu, select "run".
5. Write %temp%
6. Enter the folder {alot-of-digits-and-letters} and proceed to a a folder with a similar name. For example:
{03A9E526-2B99-4AF2-BC50-D26A2CFB516D}\{F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F},
7. Double click BF2CDKeyCheck.exe
8. You won't notice anything at this point.
9. Now your CD-KEY troubles are over (worked for me).
10. Thanx to Instinct and Billen .

Try That It Worked For ME!
BudRell
+2|6828|Home
Hmmm...interesting tip ! A good one
bob_baur
+5|6762|UK
anyone progress bar not work in BFHQ, not a biggy, as you can come here to check the scoring system, just a bit of an arse!
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6834|England
Hi,
First post.

My progress bar in BFHQ is empty, but all of the stats update fine. Halfway (nearly) towards next rank, but no progress bar. Not the end of the world, but I am assuming that I can still be promoted when the time comes?
mars111
+0|6762
I really have found no bugs when i installed this patch.. no problems no bugs everything is fine
infidel_killah123
+0|6762
-rockets and granadelaunchers sometimes reload 2 times or even 3 times in a row even though im standing still

-rockets go through tanks

-When you try to detonate c4, sometime it switches back to the C4 and doesnt detonate( musch less occurances in 1.03 but it still happens)

-allies STILL appear red on occasion

-on occasion the game would let the engineer fix a dying blackhawk in mid air( the wrench doesnt give the repair available 2 circle thingy as the blackhawk's life is draining)

-when flying over airfields or repiring a vehicle with a crate, there is delay

-game says connection failed even though the internet is working perfectly

-tanks push proned infantry out of the way instead of squashing them

-stat padding still exists because the statpadder who kills still gets alot of points

-on carriers, theres a glitch that teleports you on top of the helipad on the carrier if you stand on the rail underit and jump underneath it.

-game music still plays after I exit the game.

-jagged shadows

-enemies appearing as allies

and much much more that doesnt spring to mind at the moment
bassmike187
+0|6762
Anyone else using All Seeing Eye? If so, you know it ain't working since 1.03. Someone at the SA goon forums recommended this fix:

from: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34363

Quote:

Go to your ASE directory (default C:\Program Files\The All-Seeing Eye) and open up filters.txt. Search for "battlefield 2" and here's what you should have:

Code:
Battlefield 2
ServerType: GS
RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\INSTALLDIR
ExeName: BF2.EXE
JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +joinServer {ip} +port {port} [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]
HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +hostServer 1

Now, change the JoinTemplate line to this:
Code:
JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +joinServer {ip} +port {port} +username yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]

This worked for me and my old ass machine. Should I make a new topic for this? (Sorry I'm new here...)
bassmike187
+0|6762
And while we're at it, here's the XFire fix:

from http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37047

- Go into your C:\Program Files\Xfire folder and open xfire_games.ini

- Find: [4578]

You should see something like this:
Code:
[4578]
LongName=Battlefield 2
ShortName=bf2
Icon=bf2.ico
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\InstallDir
LauncherExe=BF2.exe
LauncherPasswordArgs=+password %UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%
LauncherNetworkArgs=+joinServer %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME% +port %UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
ServerStatusType=BF2
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=DISABLE_RELEASE|BLOCK_ASYNC
ExcludeIPPorts=80,28910,29900,29901,29902,29903,29904

- Under "Launch=" append +playername yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword

- It should now look like:

Code:
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS% +playername yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword

- Restart Xfire

haven't tried this one yet, but looks legit...
$toneyhigh
+0|6819
the game is really messed up here
i get promotion if i just kill 1 man  unlocked 4 weapons in 1 evening
this sucks because i like to do something for it
i have no problems with the server list or other things
getting ribbons works normal and all the other things are working normal
only the promotions are stupid i see everybody runnung around with the highest rank
and i cant use my xfire because of the stupid EA mesage
when i try to join a server with xfire then it stops at the mesage when i close it i dont go to the server

Last edited by $toneyhigh (2005-10-16 02:14:04)

sWEatyNUTSack
+0|6757

bassmike187 wrote:

Anyone else using All Seeing Eye? If so, you know it ain't working since 1.03. Someone at the SA goon forums recommended this fix:

from: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34363

Quote:

Go to your ASE directory (default C:\Program Files\The All-Seeing Eye) and open up filters.txt. Search for "battlefield 2" and here's what you should have:

Code:
Battlefield 2
ServerType: GS
RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\INSTALLDIR
ExeName: BF2.EXE
JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +joinServer {ip} +port {port} [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]
HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +hostServer 1

Now, change the JoinTemplate line to this:
Code:
JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +joinServer {ip} +port {port} +username yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]

This worked for me and my old ass machine. Should I make a new topic for this? (Sorry I'm new here...)
I had to change the letter n to uppercase N in the word +username in the line
JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +joinServer {ip} +port {port} +userName yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]  to get it to work in ASE
sWEatyNUTSack
+0|6757
One bug I get often is in Wake Island I'm in a Apache Chopper on my own I'm 1/2 way to the island and I get shot down by rocket from a jet  and I get punnished for a teamkill... that stinks :-(
Col-Khadafi
+0|6788|Your Mom's House
Exploit
-Prone Jumping- Perfect accuracy with weapons if you jump and prone mid air. Hard enough to hit / register people flying in the air, but when they can hit perfectly while in the air, it goes too far. Fix needed definitly

Balance
-Grenade Launcher- Dont really need to go over this. Its damage should be the same as a frag, and a minimum range needs to be added (30m).

-Mobile Anti Air- MEC and PLA versions need to have their damage (against air) be greater then that of a ".50 cal" (Buggy/Humvee/Tank 2nd weapon). Just makes no sense, and the already weak vehciles and lack of smoke makes them unbalanced.

-Stingers- They still have terrible chase code, and will only hit things within 100m (if that). Increase "Accuracy" of all mounted, mobile and air versions of these weaopnons.

-Aircraft- Even with ghosting, lining up perfect shots and trying to get all your missiles at the right time, its nearly impossible to kill any plane in a 1v1 plane battle. The reason? People can pull impossible turns at 1200mph without any sort of G-Force effect.
|UgX|vibe
+0|6831|Willow Spring, NC

$toneyhigh wrote:

the game is really messed up here
i get promotion if i just kill 1 man  unlocked 4 weapons in 1 evening
this sucks because i like to do something for it
only the promotions are stupid i see everybody runnung around with the highest rank
Same thing happened to me last night.. I got the new patch, killed two guys and got 2 promotions. Also, 4 weapon unlocks. Kinda thought I was special but half my team were freaking Staff Sgt. like me

Last edited by |UgX|vibe (2005-10-18 15:26:05)

atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6762|Atlanta, GA USA
I don't know if anyone else has reported this (or even experienced it).  I have only experienced it once, but a friend of mine has had it happen to him twice.  You go into a server and it thinks you are a Private!  Plus, it doesn't know you have any badges/ribbons, so it tries to give you badges you already have.  Sometimes it gives you your unlocks, sometimes it doesn't.
ZZZargo333
+0|6819
everyone has experienced the bug with the private thing. whaat you do to fix it is just join a different server (rejoin the first one after if you like) but that will give you your rank and such back if it doesn't well your just unlucky thats not an error with the patch thats happened all along.
morbesso666
+0|6755|Givataim, Israel
sound gets stuck for a three seconds, and BF2 minimized and few seconds later disappeares.
Happens 1:4 (every 4 entrances, 1 bug).

Many many times an allied soldier speaks the foreign language and his name appears in red. costs lot of TK points.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6788|Your Mom's House
Anyone ever experience trouble repairing Commander Assets? I spent 30 seconds reparing a UAV before it actually gained 1 health bar.
morbesso666
+0|6755|Givataim, Israel

snalegion wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/snalegion/

take a look an tell me why im @100% on both but still not promoted. oh ya...WTF...OMG...ozjhdg...lol
What are you talking about? You only have 2800 (It's not only , but to this case), u should only have Sergeant don't ya?
BudRell
+2|6828|Home
thehehehe
basnerd
+0|6785
it tells me to download 1.l03 even tho i have it and i dont get any exp even if i win matches
$toneyhigh
+0|6819
this is the best update whe have ever experienced   LOOOOOL
everything sucks about it
i emailed  EA no response

they better fix this soon beacuse i know a lot of people who played every day intill this great update
they just stoped playing because its no fun annymore
everybody has the biggest gun and people who dont have all the guns cheat like hell
Maz_Ma_Taz
+0|6749|Berlin
hope somebody can help me?
i installed a new driver for my graphiccard. after i started to play, my screen is getting black and normal again. some textures are not ok and when it goes really bad, i've a black screen with and broke up to my desktop. what can i do, that it doesn't happen again?

thanks for help

p.s. before i installed the new driver, i haven't these problems!

graphiccard: nvidia geforce fx5900xt
driver: update from 10.10.2005

Last edited by Maz_Ma_Taz (2005-10-26 06:11:09)

ssonrats
+221|6636
1.03 pwnt the current one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard