superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6773

jongje wrote:

IF you look... he's got 15 000 kills, and 1000 deaths... That is a k:d ratio of 15:1, not 51...
Something is wrong!
He has a 51:1 k/d when in an airplane!   So once he gets in the jet, on average 51 people will die before he gets shot down!  Well make that 52 people cause you need to count the teammate he tk'd to get into the jet in the first place:)

Anyways, the point of the post was to ask the question: ARE JETS TOO DOMINANT?  Should they be taken down a notch in effectiveness.  Or maybe make anti-air missiles more effective?? 

As more people play, there will be more good pilots and more standing around the airfield waiting for planes.  Its too easy to rack up kills in a jet...

Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-10-18 02:37:11)

ProDicTeD
+2|6800
Just because he is tking for jet makes him a cheater in my opinion. just because he only wants to be in a jet he kills them with a m95. that's just sad..
i dont care if people say he has mad skillz, cause he doesnt.. there are 27 other players or even more exploiting the dominance of jets and i have tried it myself at a friends. It's just so easy.. bombing doens't even take a lot of skill and the guns on jets kill anyone who stands about 5meters from the point of impact.
Also this wouldn't have been a problem if stats weren't recorded. I for one don't care if stats are recorded or not. I play the game just because it's fun, but many other people just play it to get amazing stats like this guy. Is it really fun playing 1 vehicle every single hour of BF2?
I know jets are fun, but so are helicopters, tanks, transports and just on foot. personally i like hummers the most driving over people is just so much fun
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
^ Aviator      00:31:08      1      14      0.07      0      381,602

Yeahhhh, they take no skill at all....

This guy must play on newbie servers or something. His score is actually bullshit - he should have more plane deaths from revenge TKs/lagouts and such considering his time.
stoneisland
+20|6764|Sweden
One odd thing though.

He´s got 15,444 kills in airplane. But somehow he only have 14,652 total kills. Maybe thats normal and I am way off here but somethings definately wrong. Some sort of bug?
bad-dog
+0|6823|Israel
I've to say something for the defense of us the jet loves.
At first I played only Clean Sweep Operation and used jets mainly because I always loved jets, I love flying them I played IAF, USAF, Lock on and other for the people who heard about them and I loved those games.
After a while I started thinking that this is too much and started playing other maps, what I do now is I choose at first a map with a jet but go with the cicle and not disconnect back to that map, so naturaly I would have a lot of flying in a plane, I don't see anything bad in it, I don't stat pad and don't care about the scores I just love flying ! I always did. and ofcourse if the map has a chopper and not a plane I would probably use that, i love flying in general not only jets.

Last edited by bad-dog (2005-10-18 04:50:54)

ProDicTeD
+2|6800

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

^ Aviator      00:31:08      1      14      0.07      0      381,602

Yeahhhh, they take no skill at all....

This guy must play on newbie servers or something. His score is actually bullshit - he should have more plane deaths from revenge TKs/lagouts and such considering his time.
ya don't learn it in 30mins and ya need a joy-stick. tbh i think i did pretty wel considering i was just flying about practically doing nothing and still getting 1 kill

nice aviator though
Aviator      38:18:27      3,045      336      9.06      218      2,059

and nice assault rifle

Assault Rifles      23:31:11      1,167      992      1.18      20.28%      20,415

you're actually pretty good and you're no aviator whore, but that's why you should know that flying a plane isn't hard amd i am not saying it's easy!. if i were to play with mouse and keyboard now i would allready make my k/d ratio possitive.

edit: After taking a closer look at my own stats i came to the conclusion that i'm kind off a medic whore so i'm gonna stop bitching about aviator

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2005-10-18 06:29:45)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6769
If he hacks then it's something like chameleon skins that show up bright pink for the enemy and another color for allies.  That is the only possible hack i can see him using.  That way he can fly over a base and see bright pink and then bomb or MG it.

Get him on the ground and he's terrible... 8% accuracy!!

Last edited by wannabe_tank_whore (2005-10-18 06:49:03)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6777

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

If he hacks then it's something like chameleon skins that show up bright pink for the enemy and another color for allies.  That is the only possible hack i can see him using.  That way he can fly over a base and see bright pink and then bomb or MG it.

Get him on the ground and he's terrible... 8% accuracy!!
word to that; get this bastard on any city map and hes useless. ... and people wonder why i rarely play maps with fast-air in them anymore ;D
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6763|Atlanta, GA USA
Well, there is an easy way to fix this.  Fix the SAMs!  If the SAMs didn't suck so bad, people like him wouldn't be able to dominate like they do.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-10-18 07:04:42)

shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6763|Mechanicsville, VA

bad-dog wrote:

I've to say something for the defense of us the jet loves.
At first I played only Clean Sweep Operation and used jets mainly because I always loved jets, I love flying them I played IAF, USAF, Lock on and other for the people who heard about them and I loved those games.
After a while I started thinking that this is too much and started playing other maps, what I do now is I choose at first a map with a jet but go with the cicle and not disconnect back to that map, so naturaly I would have a lot of flying in a plane, I don't see anything bad in it, I don't stat pad and don't care about the scores I just love flying ! I always did. and ofcourse if the map has a chopper and not a plane I would probably use that, i love flying in general not only jets.
As I am a heli lover... as you can tell from my stats.. it took a lot of practice to get good.. I have 100+ hours in the heli, and if theres no planes on the map I'll fly the heli, I always get bitched at for flying it, but lately when I havn't been flying my team has lost, when I do fly we are winning.  Don't mean to seem like I'm being arrogant but thats just what it seems like to me.  Also flying a plane effectively is not as easy as it looks. I had to go by a joystick just to get "decent" with it. I use mouse+keyboard for heli, keyboard+joystick for plane.  But this is just me, I don't really like playing on strike, its a horrible map IMHO. Don't get on people just because they like to do one thing, currently I work full time and have school full time, so the time that I get to play bf2 I like to fly a heli.  And I'm currently going for the Exp. Heli. Badge so its gonna take me 400+ hours to get it, so i need to spend as much time as possible flying if thats what I want. And the way that EA has it set up, you have to whore stuff to accomplish any expert badges in vehicles, if you look at the hour requirements for anything. 400+ for mostly every vehicle.
bad-dog
+0|6823|Israel
ya don't learn it in 30mins and ya need a joy-stick
i think you're wrong, maybe I'm not the best aviator but I'm pretty well I think, my ratio is 4.53 and all I'm using in chopper and plane is my keyboard ( a nice Z board but still a keyboard )
ProDicTeD
+2|6800
keyboard is better for chopper, but for jets it sux, so if you are really using a keyboard and get a good k/d ratio respect !!! You have some mad skillz honestly

edit: no saracasm btw!

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2005-10-18 08:17:48)

BudRell
+2|6829|Home

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

something like chameleon skins that show up bright pink for the enemy and another color for allies.  That is the only possible hack i can see him using.
...I would be more than happy if ALL players would honestly repeat that last centence
The truth is little more complicated..unfortunately.

I wouldn't bother to write about possible misuses of game engine IF "colored models" was be the most serious hack there is.
It's from stone age. That and some other "newbie hacks" are certainly detected...even by PB.
Same thing with aimbots and other "tools". They are NOT like they were years ago...

I still can't understand why someones are concentrating on coding some crap cheatfiles but I must give SOME credit to new hacks. Coders have been innovative !

New aimbots do not lock to colors (like they used to...).). Would you play these games with graphics looking like dogs vomit ? Of course not ! Then why should these hack users ? Well, they are NOT.

If you think little more these "new age" fps-games and how they work.
All fps games have basically same kind of procedure for "aim-fire-hit". Startpoint of bullet and endpoint for same. Vector mathematics.
You ALWAYS have that same basic consept if thinking situation between two players (you and your visible enemy).

You are playing the game by WATCHING your screen(coordinates) and moving accordingly.
The server "plays" it's role by assembling matrixes from COORDINATES of XX players (bullet start, bullet end, player head, player torso, player limbs...).
When server "decides" it's ready, it will upload these compiled coordinates for your PC. You see updated view on your screen.

So...you see the gameworld in 2-dimensional graphics (damn much of pixels..) and server "sees" the game in numeric format.
If someone "invented" routine for "aim-fire-hit" used in the game then why not "inventing" some better routine
that client can use at home (= aimbot) ?
Why the hell should someone watch "psychedelic trip" when alternatively you can put your PC to work and command it to FIND THE END COORDINATES FOR YOUR BULLET....

Shortly (phew..), manipulating the data calculated at server or sending false data to server is the spirit..

Programming is not any science. It takes ASS (sore, red ASS...) and eyes (red like the reindeers noze..) mostly. Sometimes brains too but not so much. 

P.S. Usually all are whining about aimbots, wallhacks, speedhacks etc. but what is missing from the picture ?
Very few times, you see whine about a hack opposite to aimbot. I can understand why.
It's the most difficult to expose.
It's the easiest to deny and explain with "latency" and other shit stories.
Special forces are using them too ! So do riot police...bullet vests.
Software vests on and "go,go,go"...you will not kill these guys easily...

Last edited by BudRell (2005-10-18 08:59:29)

Club3D
+31|6833
More flowers to this guy by bringing the topic on his behalf lol
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6799
Hmm...I've already played with some of those |ccc| guys. Strange clan. But a cheater? Dunno. I guess he practiced and then made up a new account, maybe when he joined the clan. I don't find such stats interesting at all. It's always boring to see stats of people who are only good with one certain part of the game (or who play only one map all the time...you might know which one I mean...).
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6762|Canada, Ont
no no no, not a Cheater, Just spends 90% of his time in a Plane.

He is doing it for Reasons of...Being #1 Sniper and Being #1 Aviator.

Its a Smart Idea if you wanna get your name up there but I like to play the whole game, Currently my Lowest Ranked Thing is my Grenade Launcher at about 36,000th G.R.

So...Are Plane Overpower, Ya if you can use them well enough, and can most People ...well, no... only 40% of BF2 Players know what they are doing and probably less then 10% are as good as |cc|Plane Whore. Our server has a Nice Pilot and hes only ranked 500th, and thats because he dosen't do it 24/7, and I bet hes equally as Skilled.

Your all just Jelous of his Aviating Skills.

I mean, Im no Hero Eather

Vehicle         Time         Kills         Deaths         Ratio         Road Kills         G.R.

Aviator      10:08:01      514            272             1.89                  76      22,528
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6819|Australia
um one thing no one has said.
look at his combat sscore to his global score....
addict10n
+1|6769
https://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7724/fuckingowned6al.th.jpg

My best round in a jet, its not impossible. Just have to find the right server. I have noticed that some 64 man servers lag so bad that nobody can shoot you down no matter how hard they try.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6819|Australia
no, his combat scroe is higher than his global score!
HotButter
+0|6839|Arizona
One of my better rounds in a jet...
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/JohnnyLust/proof.jpg
And thats not even with a joystick.  So I wouldnt think its impossible to average that high of a KDR with the right tools.
ProDicTeD
+2|6800

HotButter wrote:

One of my better rounds in a jet...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/J … /proof.jpg
And thats not even with a joystick.  So I wouldnt think its impossible to average that high of a KDR with the right tools.
omg if you can get THAT kind of score without a joy-stick than my point is made......

EA/DICE downgrade jets! Logitech is not going to be happy about this!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6773

i've yet to shoot down a jet with stingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and i have tried.  i've read posts on how to "correctly" use stinger missiles...no use.  how many good bf pilots fly planes at low velocity, low altitude, directly over the stinger site and in a straight line??!?!?!  actually i think those "how to correctly use stinger missile" post are secretly written by plane whores so that everybody thinks that there is something wrong with them that they can't use em.  COME ON!  WTF???  Give us a chance. 

Why would battlefield possibly want to create a vehicle that can completely dominates all other types of weapons in the game.  Of course people will get to be very good at them and pretty soon gameplay unbalanced by one good pilot on a team:(  not to mention those crowds hanging out at the airport, drinking martinis and waiting for their next flight:)
BudRell
+2|6829|Home
lol....

You WILL hit those jets if you STAY at the stinger-slinger ! You do NOT hit them if you pop few rockets every now and then.  You MUST follow the rocket with the stinger HUD too.
Patience truely is a virtue...
=s[O]a=|Bruce
+0|6757
......lets just not talk about kamikaze jet pilots - they shameful skills drive me nuts
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6799

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Your all just Jelous of his Aviating Skills.
I'm not jealous, I'm just not interested in such stats and don't find them impressive. I know of some very good pilots too but most of them suck in everything else, cause they just don't do anything apart from flying.
I mean, come on, that |ccc| guy hasn't even yet played all maps with this account! Nothing to be jealous of, I guess.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard