KrooKed
+0|6764|Zevenaar, Netherlands
Hey there!

i got this problem, it started a week ago, i dont know where it came from. i think i am the only one with this problem

- during the game, it really plays smooth and stuff, no problems, then, after 5 minutes, the game run's slower and said: "there are problems with your connection".. when the text dissapears, the game runs smooth again.. nothing! and then, 2/5 minutes later, "there are problems with your connection.".. then 5/10 secs later, it runs smoothly again..

THAT IS SOO SHITTY :@ , just think of it, flying in a plane, and the text appears, when its gone again, you are crashed or got shot down! also when u are in the heat of a battle, they just kill you cause you can't move

I have:
- Re-installed BF2 + patch
- Formatted my pc (yeh i now noobish)
- resetted the router
- shut down all firewalls, including the router's

CAN YOU PLZ PLZ HELP ME?
could it be my provider? (chello)
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

its not just you, i get it too and its super annoying. it calmed down for about a month but around 3 days ago it kicked me right off. and its weird how everyone else moves but you.
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6763|Columbus, Ga.
most of the time i believe it has to do with the server you are playing on.  It happens to a lot of people i would guess.  I know myself and my roommates get it occasionally, but we usually just switch servers and that fixes it.
KrooKed
no, its not about server.. that's also the problem..
EVERY SINGLE SERVER Same prob..
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

maybe its your router. go out and buy a new one, it will help.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2005-10-17 16:11:40)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX

ryan_14 wrote:

maybe its your router. go out and buy a new one, it will help.
Better yet try looking at the firmware version number. You may need to download the latest firmware update and then update your router.  Also don't worry about firewalls as long as you put the proper port pass through exceptions. I know that my Linksys router firewall and my normal Windows XP Firewall do not effect network traffic. As you reformated I am going to assume you don't have a viruses hijaking network traffic.

The only thing left is you ISP. Your Cable or DSL Modem may be having issues or your ISP itself in your area or as a whole is having issues.

If this is happening all the time and its not your ISP then its time to look at more substantial hardware issues in your computer. For example your network adapter or on board NIC.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Col-Khadafi
+0|6789|Your Mom's House
i made a whole post on this. These exact problems happen to me. Even on a server with good ping (< 100), and perfect connection to all hosts, i get that shit every so often. Its simply means your choke / loss has shot up to 100%. Every so often it just ends up kicking me b/c of it.

*Delete cache
*Exlude BF2 from antivirus /  firewall (disable, open ports, ignore app)
*Reduce settings level
thinner44
+1|6802
You could also, if you already have the firmaware update, just try rebooting your router from time to time. I have the same problem... 'problem with your connection' yadda yadda ... If it happens too many times during one week, I reboot the router, seems to work well after that ... As for the problem, you are not alone, not by a long way
Capt.CupoNoodles
+18|6759|Southampton, PA
And just as a thought, don't use the in-game browser...to put it lightly, it doesn't give CLOSE to the correct ms delay ANYWAY...Do what I did, and start using battlefield 2 autoloader (www.bf2al.com).
Just make sure you set the "ranked only" servers.
My top 100 servers are around a comfy 15-25 ms, and I haven't seen that "connection problem" problem since.
And skipping the intro and login? Woo-Hoo!

"Hit it!"
KrooKed
thnx guy's, got a lot with ur info, the connection thing is better.. but still not gone..
my pc just sucks
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6763|Canada, Ont
I get the same thing, I have about 250 Deaths Alone from Bad Timing of Connection Problems.

I've tracked down the Cause of it though, It was a Spyware and my Brothers Wireless Card. Even with his Wireless Card off, his computer must be Turned 100% off or Something Apparently Taps Into it. Im on a Router and it Sucks, I could be doing 15% better at the game if not for this Connection Dump.
CC-Marley
+407|6821
inold bf42.. lowering your connection speed down one setting(in multiplay browser)say t1 down to adsl seem to work with a lot of people..Try that
KrooKed
k ill try, thnx
KrooKed
ok problem's away, maybe its was just a temperory thing from my provider, it runs smooth again, so i can kill whenever i want!

thnx for helping me! really gentile!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard