Compeed
+0|6809
my BF2 is lagging like hell in multyplayer but theres nothing wrong with the ping I usally have 20-50. ive tried it on singelplayer and its working very well. its wasn't like that before but now a couple days after the new version 1.03 came out its just started to lagg like hell, its not playable. i want to know why? can you help me!?

///SEBATSIAN///
godzilla
+0|6819
You are not alone! It seems that the Memory Leak of version 1.01 which was fixed in 1.02 has now returned! Your memory is filled up with informations but it´s not being cleaned. The konsequence is that you have no memory left and Windows is using the page file instead. This causes lags.

We can only wait for the patch for the patch!

Last edited by godzilla (2005-10-18 07:05:42)

SokViChet
+1|6829
Well, I had this issue intermittently (actually often) with 1.02 and it is still here.  I usually have to reboot, but even then that does not work sometimes. 

I read on TotalBF2 (sorry cant link right now - behind firewall that blocks them....) that there is also a shader cache duplication issue.  BF2 would created TWO sets of shader files then it would try to load both.  This is not possible so what would happen was the first set would load, then it would try to load the next resulting in HUGE cpu, ram, and page file activity on any map.  Every so often I have to do this:  Go to My Documents/BF2/Mods/Cache (or something like that) and delete EVERYTHING in there folders and all.  You will have to re-optimize your shaders again, but there should be only one set of cache files for each map object. 

This works for some people, and doesnt for others.... It only helps 45% of the time for me but that's better than 0%.  Oh, and I have a monster CPU at home... there is NO reason for this to occur with many of us, but it does.
Compeed
+0|6809
allright thanks guys, it helped a litle just like you said to delete Documents/BF2/Mods/Cache files, but still a litle lagy. so i really locking foward to this new version 1.04 i guess
Capt.CupoNoodles
+18|6807|Southampton, PA
Also, try using BF@ Autoloader instead of the game's browser...Just make sure you set the filter for Ranked Servers. My top 100 servers shown are about 15-25 ms. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with the in-game browser; I stopped using it about 1 week after purchasing.
(http://www.bf2al.com/)

"Hit it!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard