SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

https://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/011510_tippingpoint_20100115_152100.jpg

" Frustration turns to anger as quake survivors battle for goods scavenged from rubble of collapsed buildings amid reports of machete-wielding looters roaming streets. "

" The calm and dignity of most residents is near breaking, as pockets of looting flared across the city Friday. Small bands of young men and teenagers with machetes roamed downtown streets and helped themselves to whatever they could find in wrecked homes. "

" "They are scavenging everything. What can you do?" said Michel Legros, 53, as he waited for help to search for seven relatives buried in his collapsed house. A Russian search-and-rescue team said the general insecurity was forcing them to suspend their efforts after nightfall. "
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
inb4 'looting vs finding' Katrina picture

Hell I'll do it

https://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/F/g/katrina_looting_vs_finding.jpg

---

Although big bands of guys walking around with sharp objects and going into homes and taking shit, well, yeah that's looting... freakin' raiders.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
I am thinking Haiti was already at the edge. This disaster just shoved them over the cliff.
13rin
+977|6449
Sad. Living in FL, this is why I own an AR & Mini14.  Not because Haitians are going to invade, but because natural disasters are a reality and I have very little faith in my "neighbors"...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
There wasn't much of a functining country before and now yeah, it's basically lawless badlands. I haven't heard much of this until now though, I suppose the initial shock of the quake made people abit less... well, human and so there wasn't all this nonsense from the outset, but afterwards, things change... no surprise it's starting to get nasty.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Fallout 4: New Haiti
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Let's just hope they don't get access to boats. They could turn into the next Somalia
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

they could row up next to the carinval and throw rocks at them
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

lowing wrote:

I am thinking Haiti was already at the edge. This disaster just shoved them over the cliff.
Pretty much. It's been a very unstable country for many years.

If anyone's interested in learning more about Haiti, or public health, or both... read this book called "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder. It's very well-written and gives a lot of insight into the country.

Anyway, with the arrival of the soldiers and Marines hopefully the looting will be kept to a minimum.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

Pretty much...  but the question becomes...  what is there to loot in Haiti?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Pretty much...  but the question becomes...  what is there to loot in Haiti?
I think some of them are out in the streets hunting down OG nintendos and atari's.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Macbeth wrote:

It thought it was like Africa?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

It thought it was like Africa?
I thought Africa was in Haiti?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Didn't they already do that in Haiti before the earthquake?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
Fuck Haiti
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

S3v3N wrote:

Fuck Haiti
Excellent!

Oh, fuck the USA too?

In fact, fuck everyone!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
In case you folks weren't aware Haiti was 149th in the world on the HDI, has the 20th highest HIV/AIDS rate, was 158th for GDP per capita (purchasing power parity) and was 110th on the Quality of Life index. In short, Haiti was already fucked beyond repair.
BVC
+325|6665
The UN needs to have disaster relief...stuff...ready to go at a moments notice.  Hercs across the globe, warehouses full of tents, clothes and food/drink/etc...stuff which can be airdropped within 24 hours.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Pubic wrote:

The UN needs to have disaster relief...stuff...ready to go at a moments notice.  Hercs across the globe, warehouses full of tents, clothes and food/drink/etc...stuff which can be airdropped within 24 hours.
That would require the UN to be focused on accomplishing something rather than simply looking good in the shower...which they don't do, either. They are more about posturing and talking than doing. If they gave a damn about doing any of the high falutin' things in their charter and various "strongly worded" resolutions, they would deliberately plan and stage assets as you have described.

But instead they do fuckall and then blame the US and a (very) few others when they fail miserably.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ticia
+73|5305

CameronPoe wrote:

In case you folks weren't aware Haiti was 149th in the world on the HDI, has the 20th highest HIV/AIDS rate, was 158th for GDP per capita (purchasing power parity) and was 110th on the Quality of Life index. In short, Haiti was already fucked beyond repair.
Oh right! Good thing the earthquake was there then.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

You forgot to mention that George bush had the great idea to foment a coup and over throw the democratically elected president.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

That was a great idea.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Sad. Living in FL, this is why I own an AR & Mini14.  Not because Haitians are going to invade, but because natural disasters are a reality and I have very little faith in my "neighbors"...
Have you heard that there is a push to have hatians brought to Jacksonville and distributed to Tampa and Miami? awsm

ORLANDO — With hurricane supplies stacked up for three years, the state is in a position to provide relief to Haitians devastated by a major earthquake earlier this week.

However, Gov. Charlie Crist added that any plan to shelter Haitian refugees and U.S. nationals living in Haiti in several locations throughout Florida will depend upon the federal government.

“We’ll have to see, we’ve got to work with our federal friends on how that is done, if necessary, in a very organized and cooperative way,” Crist said during a pause in the state’s 2010 economic job summit in Orlando Friday.

WFTV.com in Orlando reported Thursday that more than 4,000 Haitian refugees could be coming to Central Florida, as the Red Cross plans to bring the Haitian refugees, as well as more than 45,000 U.S. nationals living in Haiti, to cities such as Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami and Orlando.

Crist said he’s been in touch with the Department of Homeland Security regarding Florida’s role in the relief efforts in Haiti.

“We want to be in touch with the state department, make sure that we’re doing what is necessary for these people to get the help they need and deserve,” Crist said. “This is about providing humanitarian support, providing the comfort that this country needs.”
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Whoa...  Um...  Crist is essentially killing his political career....   There's compassion, and then there's what the fuck?!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA
Democrats: "It's Bush's Fault."  LOL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard