Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

Macbeth wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

yeah if they can get away with it they might as well do it, but someone should step in and say something. i mean the cheapest quote for me to drive my mums 2.5 litre volvo was £7,000 a year

if the government make it obligatory they should at least regulate it
Holy fuck that's a lot.
Full coverage for my M3 was only $2000.

No wonder why you all ride public transport over there.
yeah its ridic

that was a while ago though, they "only" want me to pay £4,000 a year to drive me own car if I buy the M5 I want
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5980|Toronto
Urquattro Sport ftw.

Apart from that, I'd take he GC8 or the Evo IX.
I like pie.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

I had an '08 Impreza STi but ditched it for an Evo IX. Much betting looking IMO, quicker and sounded better. I'd take the Evo any day with a better drive, but granted the new hatchback style of the STi is poo, but the Evo X is poo also.

@Dauntless, it depends on your circumstances with insurance obviously. I pay just over £4,000 insurance for an Audi A4, VW Golf and an E92 M3. That works out way cheaper than just the Evo IX I had, which was 5 grand to insure. Use a relative's address if possible, or say you're married to your mother which should half your insurance lol. Just don't crash.

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2010-01-15 21:18:21)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California

Macbeth wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

yeah if they can get away with it they might as well do it, but someone should step in and say something. i mean the cheapest quote for me to drive my mums 2.5 litre volvo was £7,000 a year

Holy fuck that's a lot.
Full coverage for my M3 was only $2000.

No wonder why you all ride public transport over there.
Yeah, I remember way back there was some "first car" thread and I told the kid to get an early 90's accord...

He responded back saying insurance would be way too much for that car, lol. Like there is any reason for a 13 year old car should have high enough insurance to cover writing the thing off completely every two years.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6342|California
Benzin
+576|5997

rdx-fx wrote:

Old school STi, you say?

I'll stick to my GC6 and GC8 series Subarus

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/ … ct/181.jpg
These are the best looking, imo. The one you look, Macbeth looks like something out of Fast and the Furious. I personally like the newer hatchbacks, though. I didn't like them until I saw one at the Vienna Auto Show in 2008 and then my opinion changed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

VicktorVauhn wrote:

STI's are only cars you buy for looks if your a fucking little wanna be import kid.

Real world they are all ugly and only made for driving. Its lucky they are damn good at that.
Why anyone buys a car for looks is beyond me.

On topic: Condoms don't protect you from everything.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-01-16 00:35:27)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland

Dauntless wrote:

yeah, a little while after i first passed my test, my dad looked at geting me insured on his golf GTI, me being a named driver would have pushed up the premium by £8000! I always drive sensible, so it fucks me off that cos of most of my age group driving like twats, we all get bumped
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Dauntless wrote:

wtf 7 grand??????????????

wow.

get a better insurance company tbh. Is that the same one your family use for all their insurance stuff?

or, get a smaller car.
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland

ruisleipa wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

wtf 7 grand??????????????

wow.

get a better insurance company tbh. Is that the same one your family use for all their insurance stuff?

or, get a smaller car.
Mate, that is english insurance rate for young driverss. It is mental over here cos of the culture of chav boy racers
VicktorVauhn

Dilbert_X wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

STI's are only cars you buy for looks if your a fucking little wanna be import kid.

Real world they are all ugly and only made for driving. Its lucky they are damn good at that.
Why anyone buys a car for looks is beyond me.

On topic: Condoms don't protect you from everything.
To some degree you want it to look decent enough...  I mean, I am glad my car doesn't look like a Pontiac Aztec...

But I have always said, its not like you can see the damn thing while your driving anyways.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone
front end isn't that bad imo
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Oh Holy fuck...someone starts a car thread and you ALWAYS get a jackass American exclaiming how anything from Japan is a ricer/import/inferior-to-yank-metal. Fuck it pisses me off. Why do you think people import? It's because the majority of American sports cars are SHIT
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

james@alienware wrote:

DisAgree with OP, the new ones are quite cool.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
I see it like this.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/1995_WRX_STI_RA_GC8.jpg

[ ] First Gen STi fail

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/RB320.jpg

[ ] Second Gen STi fail

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/2008_Subaru_WRX_STI_front.jpg

[X] Third Gen Hatchback STi fail
CammRobb
Banned
My favorite is probably the 95' STI that McRae won the WRC World Title in.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
The third gen reminds me of a mix between a Seat Leon and an Audi A3, and maybe a hint of the new Vauxhall/Opel Astra. All three of which I really quite like in the looks department.

Saying that, it's supposed to be a bloody Impreza. It should not look like that regardless. They've ruined it.
VicktorVauhn

CammRobb wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Oh Holy fuck...someone starts a car thread and you ALWAYS get a jackass American exclaiming how anything from Japan is a ricer/import/inferior-to-yank-metal. Fuck it pisses me off. Why do you think people import? It's because the majority of American sports cars are SHIT
Your a fucking idiot.

Not only do I drive a nissan, notice how I say they are awesome drivers cars.

Owning an import is not the same as being a wanna be import kid, rinse that sand out of your vagina.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2010-01-16 03:08:55)

CammRobb
Banned

VicktorVauhn wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Your a fucking idiot.

Not only do I drive a nissan, notice how I say they are awesome drivers cars.

Owning an import is not the same as being a wanna be import kid, rinse that sand out of your vagina.
Sorry for tarring you with the same brush as every other American 'petrolhead'.

It's just whenever a car thread gets started there's always an American who decides to say 'hurrdurr ricers are crap'

Oh. btw, you're*

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-16 03:36:56)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone
What a retard that Victor is, no manners at all! Outrageous!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

wiki wrote:

The Impreza WRX was first sold in North America in 2001 as a 2002 model year.
The exact year when Subaru went ugly. Fuck you America.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Dauntless wrote:

How's that possible? I can get insurance for 6k on any group 20 car, and I'm only 21. And that's if I put that I got my license a month before (I don't have my license yet).
Shadow893
lel
+75|6691|England

ghettoperson wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

How's that possible? I can get insurance for 6k on any group 20 car, and I'm only 21. And that's if I put that I got my license a month before (I don't have my license yet).
where you live is also taken in to consideration. dunno if it has that much of an effect though
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Not much, apparently the main reason insurance is so high when your young is because they're shit scared that you're going to kill someone and they've gotta pay out a million quid. Hence why there isn't *that* much difference in insurance cost between a Focus and a Ferrari; they're sure you're a killing machine no matter what vehicle you're in.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I think STIs are beautiful, but I hate the newer version you posted. It's not the same car, name it something else, it looks completely different.

Here's some of my favorites, but this is just first page Google stuff.

https://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu97/Sh1fty/800px-Impreza_WRX_STI_UK.jpg

https://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu97/Sh1fty/1024072006_subaru_impreza_sti_01.jpg

https://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu97/Sh1fty/awsmsubaruimpreza.jpg
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard