lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Lowing I agree with your points about pop culture but c'mon. This forum has proved itself able to debate about intellectual issues. Let us debate something silly and inconsequential in peace.
Ok, you did take note however, that I am not the one trolling right?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ferugson has them all beat...
Takes a Scottish guy to show you all how it's done!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Never found any of these shows remotely funny TBH, and having a band doin gdrum rolls etc is just gay.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
@Lowing eh whatevs

@Dilbert I agree... I'd rather have Law and Order SVU. Have Leno and O'Brien get killed in the show or something!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ahhh yes, the great dilemma of the 21st century. Who is to be king of late night talk shows? Who will win American Idol? What is to become of Jon and Kate?
who will bitch about islam, liberals and minorities the most on a video game forum is whats really important.
you mean issues that affect our country? Yeah and?

My post goes toward the fact that most people know who won American Idol last year, while having no idea who the VP of the US is.

It goes to the fact that most people know the name of the latest bachelor and have no idea what the 3 branches of our govt. are.

but hey, if you wanna talk about Islam, just note that you brought it up first.
I think you hit the nail on the head here. The stigma against being intelligent or knowledgeable of our society is one of the saddest trends, IMO.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

He's ok in small doses.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

DBBrinson1 wrote:

i like his because he seems the most genuine
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
he was the boss on drew carey right
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

who will bitch about islam, liberals and minorities the most on a video game forum is whats really important.
you mean issues that affect our country? Yeah and?

My post goes toward the fact that most people know who won American Idol last year, while having no idea who the VP of the US is.

It goes to the fact that most people know the name of the latest bachelor and have no idea what the 3 branches of our govt. are.

but hey, if you wanna talk about Islam, just note that you brought it up first.
I think you hit the nail on the head here. The stigma against being intelligent or knowledgeable of our society is one of the saddest trends, IMO.
Thank you Spark, at least you got it.

The trend here to hate or attack absolutely everything I say, because I said it, is getting somewhat rediculous, but entertaining none the less
13rin
+977|6449

Braddock wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Who's also an American.  See his forearm tattoo?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Whilst I appreciate that he's now American, I always find it odd about how much he goes on about how proud he is to be American. You'd be hard pushed to find a country full of people more proud to be where they're from than Scotland.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

People are more important than places. I know it's a hard concept to grasp. But if we all work together and focus our concentration we can get it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Kmarion wrote:

People are more important than places. I know it's a hard concept to grasp. But if we all work together and focus our concentration we can get it.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Kmarion wrote:

pass the peace pipe homie
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Here's how I see it...

Letterman > Conan > Ferguson > Leno > Kimmel > Fallon

Conan should do well on Fox.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Turquoise wrote:

Here's how I see it...

Letterman > Conan > Ferguson > Leno > Kimmel > Fallon

Conan should do well on Fox.
I'd put Kimmel ahead of Leno, but behind Ferguson. The whole "I'm Fucking Matt Damon" thing was great.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

Poseidon wrote:

Leno > Conan  > Fallon > Letterman
Fixed
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land
Kimmel, O'brien and Leno are all fuckin shit has-beens. Kimmel in particular is fuckin weak.
BVC
+325|6666
A bunch of talk show hosts got reshuffled.  Clearly, the end is nigh.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Yeah. I could hardly sleep last night over it. For like 30 seconds.

On a D&ST note: It is indicative of clear ineptitude in the management ranks at NBC's entertainment division. As if they needed another indication of that. Poor decision making followed by more poor decision making. The top levels of NBC need to clean house there if they hope to salvage anything, let alone make progress against the other networks.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

FEOS wrote:

Yeah. I could hardly sleep last night over it. For like 30 seconds.

On a D&ST note: It is indicative of clear ineptitude in the management ranks at NBC's entertainment division. As if they needed another indication of that. Poor decision making followed by more poor decision making. The top levels of NBC need to clean house there if they hope to salvage anything, let alone make progress against the other networks.
Seriously.

CEO: Hey guyz, we shud move Leno to Conan's slot
Majority of Public: WTF NO CONAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN LENO
Minority of Public: YAY LENO IS LULZY
CEO: Hmm... do we want 8 million viewers at this hour or 1 million... more money or less money... LESS MONEY IT IS, BOYS. GIVE CONAN HIS SEVERANCE.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
in other news, artie lang stabbed himself repeatedly the other day
Tu Stultus Es
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

The stigma against being intelligent or knowledgeable of our society is one of the saddest trends.
Thank you Spark, at least you got it.

The trend here to hate or attack absolutely everything I say, because I said it, is getting somewhat rediculous, but entertaining none the less
lmao except you're often neither intelligent nor knowledgable...at least when it comes to prosletysing about the evils of Islam

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard