ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Saints vs Colts would be an awesome game.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5259
ravens cards plz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

There's no way in hell that's going to happen.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5259
just like there was no way in hell the giants would beat the bucs, the giants, the pack, and the pats, amirite

anything can happen
CC-Marley
+407|6838

burnzz wrote:

i don't think the saints are. pretty obvious with the colts, somethings gonna happen at the rules committee mtg . . .
Nothing is going to happen. Teams have rested starters at the end of the year since I can remember. The Commish was stupid for saying anything on the subject.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

anything can happen
that's why they play

CC-Marley wrote:

Nothing is going to happen. Teams have rested starters at the end of the year since I can remember. The Commish was stupid for saying anything on the subject.
with the colts, and their bye, it wasn't too bright to rest guys so long.

and yeah, nothing may come of it but when the commissioner says something you gotta figure it will be brought up . . . owners don't give a fuck.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
What, is there controversy over teams who rest their players? Why would there be? If a team has already done the best they can for the playoffs, then they're entitled to rest their players and do as they wish.

Don't know why people would complain about it. Just clutching at straws at best.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

the argument goes that the fans who paid the ridiculous price for the ticket should be entitled to see the best team play.
the owners argue that they need their best guys for the play off run.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
The fans should realise that of course they're not gonna play the first team if they don't have to, that's how it is here. Everyone knows that.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

i think everyone knows it here, too. people like to bitch, and teams that will face a team with a bye will bitch the loudest.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I've never heard of the fans themselves bitching. Over here the only people that bitch are the teams that are in contention with the team that's going to play the weakened team.

Example:

Like last season, Man Utd had already won the league and the last game of the league was against Hull. But Man Utd had a European final a few days later or something, so they played a second string team against Hull. At that time, Hull were fighting relegation with some other teams. The other teams complained that Hull were gaining an unfair advantage. Long story short, Man Utd had the right to do whatever the fuck they wanted as they already won the league. Hull still lost to Man Utd's 2nd String. But they avoided relegation cos the other teams did shit too, lol.

Man Utd also lost the European final afterwards even though their players got a rest.

It's a fact of sport that managers/coaches have to rotate squads and teams in order to maximise the seasons winnings.
CC-Marley
+407|6838

Mekstizzle wrote:

What, is there controversy over teams who rest their players? Why would there be? If a team has already done the best they can for the playoffs, then they're entitled to rest their players and do as they wish.

Don't know why people would complain about it. Just clutching at straws at best.
Some believe the Jets didn't truly earn their playoff spot. Probably mostly Houston fans.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
if the Ravens beat the Colts and the Jets beat the Chargers the AFC Championship game would be at the Meadowlands

that'd be fucking sick
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5493|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Predictions:

Cardinals at Saints
35 to 30

Ravens at Colts
24 to 20

Cowboys at Vikings
30 to 24

Jets at Chargers
17 to 27
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It wouldn't make sense if the Saints and Colts both lose, I agree with the rest
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

HaiBai wrote:

Predictions:

Cardinals at Saints
30 to 35

Ravens at Colts
20 to 24

Cowboys at Vikings
30 to 24

Jets at Chargers
17 to 27
I rotated the numbers to represent what I think will happen.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5259
Cardinals at Saints
17 to 28

Ravens at Colts
20 to 24

Cowboys at Vikings
31 to 17

Jets at Chargers
10 to 20
icecold2510
+31|6303
Saints signed Deuce McAllister again wtf

the Deuce is loose
CC-Marley
+407|6838

icecold2510 wrote:

Saints signed Deuce McAllister again wtf

the Deuce is loose
honorary co-captain. Most action he'll see is during the coin-flip.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20033_250273411452_616551452_3329025_2410058_n.jpg

shitty picture but you get the point
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5259
haha nice
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Fuck I love the Saints.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5259
fu
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

wow, the first game sucked - thought arizona would do better than that.
colts ravens, hope this ones close . . .
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

If by sucked, you mean the Saints kicked ass as it should be, then yes it did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard