Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6557|775

Why the heck should we have to pay $10 for a DLC on PC? The hell with Borderlands...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

Why is everyone freaking out about paying $10 for a DLC? You had to pay for Fallout 3's DLC but I don't remember as many people complaining about it.

The SecuROM thing is shitty though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

Why the heck should we have to pay $10 for a DLC on PC? The hell with Borderlands...
Happy to pay for exp packs? Same shit, only smaller.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

OmniDeath wrote:

Why is everyone freaking out about paying $10 for a DLC? You had to pay for Fallout 3's DLC but I don't remember as many people complaining about it.

Probably because the ending was so terribad and you had to replay the same story to "complete" the game. I'll be honest I feel I got shafted on story length, so shoveling a tenner to play in 5 more zones isn't exactly exciting when they're not really blringing anything new to the game. Yeah, zombies, cool, whatever. The game gets yawn worthy when friends get bored and stop playing.

If the DLC included something better for co-op, then sure, maybe. But I'm not paying $10 to get a little bit more "story length" from an already shitty length story.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351

Bevo wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Probably because the ending was so terribad and you had to replay the same story to "complete" the game. I'll be honest I feel I got shafted on story length, so shoveling a tenner to play in 5 more zones isn't exactly exciting when they're not really blringing anything new to the game. Yeah, zombies, cool, whatever. The game gets yawn worthy when friends get bored and stop playing.

If the DLC included something better for co-op, then sure, maybe. But I'm not paying $10 to get a little bit more "story length" from an already shitty length story.
I´m still enjoying it, first playthrough with Berserker, second with Soldier. Ending was really shit, but the gameplay keeps me at it. Some stupid lengths though. I fucken hate that you can´t use the fast travel throughout the whole first "chapter" for example.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

Sisco10 wrote:

I´m still enjoying it, first playthrough with Berserker, second with Soldier. Ending was really shit, but the gameplay keeps me at it. Some stupid lengths though. I fucken hate that you can´t use the fast travel throughout the whole first "chapter" for example.
That's my point. The gameplay is great, the story is shit. I would pay for more gameplay, but not for a tiny bit more story. You don't really get anything new in the DLC (and by the time it takes you to complete the new stuff, you will have missed whatever it would be).
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

Bevo wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

I guess I can't agree about story length, I've only played through once so far and it took about 50 hrs. And I haven't even been to an arena yet to do any of the pvp stuff yet.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

Second DLC already announced!

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot

Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot adds in a new survival gameplay mode. Available for both single-player and cooperative action, Riot Mode features three arenas in which gamers face off against increasingly frenetic waves of enemies.

"This is an entirely new game mode," said Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford in a statement. "Think ODST's 'Firefight' or Gears of War's 'Horde Mode' [with] cash, prizes and competition. It's like Smash TV in coop FPS, but in the Borderlands."

The add-on pack also introduces a new bank mechanic for storing found objects, as well as the opportunity to acquire two new skill points as quest rewards. As with the first add-on pack, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot will cost $10 (MSP800). Also, as with the first, a PC edition of the expansion is planned, though 2K Games offered no release window for it.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

OmniDeath wrote:

I guess I can't agree about story length, I've only played through once so far and it took about 50 hrs. And I haven't even been to an arena yet to do any of the pvp stuff yet.
I guess that's where we differ then, I've done (combined) about 4-5 playthroughs in 40 hours. It's too easy if you do every sidequest, making it even more zzzzz
Sisco
+493|6351

Bevo wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

I guess that's where we differ then, I've done (combined) about 4-5 playthroughs in 40 hours. It's too easy if you do every sidequest, making it even more zzzzz
I get annoyed by some of the sidequest, cause many contain lengthy ways. Yeah, sure, I don´t need to do them, but since I´m a tard not in control of my desires, I can´t go on without doing them.

Balance is indeed a problem. When doing all sidequests, the crimson lance on the last stages are the only real enemies, and only if they come in groups. The endboss is a frikkin joke. It seems that the second playthrough gets more challenging, though I havn´t come far yet.

I had a small peak into PvP, but it wasn´t that fun or balanced. Bloodwing on my lvl24 Hunter rapes an euqally leveled Soldier right through the ass. And that with only 1 point put into its damage upgrade, whereas the soldiers turret is useless against human players, cause they just hop behind it lol.

Ragepunching as Brick is incredible fun though, so far my most favored character, followed by hunter and soldier. Siren is sexy but shit.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

Sisco10 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

I get annoyed by some of the sidequest, cause many contain lengthy ways. Yeah, sure, I don´t need to do them, but since I´m a tard not in control of my desires, I can´t go on without doing them.

Balance is indeed a problem. When doing all sidequests, the crimson lance on the last stages are the only real enemies, and only if they come in groups. The endboss is a frikkin joke. It seems that the second playthrough gets more challenging, though I havn´t come far yet.

I had a small peak into PvP, but it wasn´t that fun or balanced. Bloodwing on my lvl24 Hunter rapes an euqally leveled Soldier right through the ass. And that with only 1 point put into its damage upgrade, whereas the soldiers turret is useless against human players, cause they just hop behind it lol.

Ragepunching as Brick is incredible fun though, so far my most favored character, followed by hunter and soldier. Siren is sexy but shit.
Derp. Siren is pretty OP with the correct upgrades tbh.

Anyway yeah I finished playthrough 1 with my 35 hunter yesterday, took me literally 20 seconds where i stood still where I spawned and shot a masher revolver into it's eye, over and over and over. It didn't even get a chance to hit me.

That revolver is borderline OP, does ~1000 damage with each shot and can fire both shots pretty darn quickly, reload is super quick too, like a second. Can take out those flying things at the end of playthrough 1 with 2 shots from afar, or 1 shot upclose. Takes out crimson soldiers with 1 or 2 shots depending.

Took me 4 shots into nine-toes' face at playthrough 2. Bam bam bam bam you're dead.
Sisco
+493|6351

Bevo wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Derp. Siren is pretty OP with the correct upgrades tbh.

Anyway yeah I finished playthrough 1 with my 35 hunter yesterday, took me literally 20 seconds where i stood still where I spawned and shot a masher revolver into it's eye, over and over and over. It didn't even get a chance to hit me.

That revolver is borderline OP, does ~1000 damage with each shot and can fire both shots pretty darn quickly, reload is super quick too, like a second. Can take out those flying things at the end of playthrough 1 with 2 shots from afar, or 1 shot upclose. Takes out crimson soldiers with 1 or 2 shots depending.

Took me 4 shots into nine-toes' face at playthrough 2. Bam bam bam bam you're dead.
Might be with the siren, but I think she´s shit. Don´t like to play her, but that´s just my opinion. I do believe she has potential.
I agree with you about the revolvers though, I found a Brutal Masher early on with 7x 80 something damage. Lasted me almost until the end of playthrough 1.
<3 Revolvers
Sisco
+493|6351
So yeah, new DLC is out, same price as Dr. Ned.

Adds a stash and some other new stuff:

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/madmoxxi/uk/
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

Sisco10 wrote:

Yea, I just saw it on Steam. I still haven't had a chance to run through Zombie Island yet.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6293|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Sisco10 wrote:

The new DLC looks awfully boring to me...

Pretty much just adds a bank and arena mode at the same price of which you got a good storytelling the last time...
arena mode would be more suited for patch material than an all out pay-to-play DLC (no butthurt, just don't get what appeals to anyone)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
+493|6351
I still havn´t bought any DLC so far. I´m unsure whether they are worth 8€. The stash looks really appealing to me, but I´m not sure the arena mode works out. Especially with the new PvP elements, cause I still think the lag is miserable and PvP is imbalanced.

Also, I havn´t played much over the last 2 months, so yeah.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6266|B.C. Canada
Looking for a game to rent and Borderlands comes to mind. This game looks really fucked up but I keep hearing good things about it from friends. I come to ask you if this is something to consider renting. The whole cartoon type shit I dont really care.
I liked fallout 3 because I enjoy RPG games like that.
Can someone tell me the pros and cons maybe?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada
How do you actually start a new game with the same character after you beat the last boss?

I'm stupid.
Sisco
+493|6351

DefCon-17 wrote:

How do you actually start a new game with the same character after you beat the last boss?

I'm stupid.
You select him to play and it should prompt you whether to start afresh or stay in Playthrough 1.

Trex1210, definately worth a rent. CBA to list pro/cons, you´re not spending money to buy it anyway, rent it, try it. It´s great fun.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

Hey I'm having a problem installing Borderlands on Win7.

I get this message once it's installed and I try to start the game

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\2K Games\Gearbox Software\Borderlands\Borderlands.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
I tried uninstall/reinstall 3 or 4 times now, same thing. Worked fine on XP Pro. Downloading Patch 1.20 and see if that helps. Anyone have a clue?

Edit: Tried installing patch 1.20 and I get an error.
Installation ended prematurely because of an error.
Am I supposed to install another patch before 1.20?

Last edited by Phatmatt (2010-01-15 12:44:08)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada
Borderlands needs Steam Cloud support.

Forgot to back my latest save-games up, now I have to beat the last tentacle rape thing again.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5516|America

DefCon-17 wrote:

Borderlands needs Steam Cloud support.

Forgot to back my latest save-games up, now I have to beat the last tentacle rape thing again.
Not like it's hard or anything.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

Don't. I bought one, then the next one was released weeks later. It's like they had more of the game finished than they released and are just hanging onto bits and pieces. I don't even know how many they'll try to sell.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria
Who is still playing Borderlands?
I'd like to try out those PvP arenas, maybe the Underdome from the DLC if anyone has it.

Here's my Gamespy ID:
  • globefish23 - globefish23
Sisco
+493|6351

globefish23 wrote:

Who is still playing Borderlands?
I'd like to try out those PvP arenas, maybe the Underdome from the DLC if anyone has it.

Here's my Gamespy ID:
  • globefish23 - globefish23
Isn´t PvP still heavily unbalanced? Not playing anyways atm, but when I do I hit you up on steam!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard