Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Well, for you Northern Hemisphere folks it's coming up to winter. So post your videos, pictures and discuss your favourite winter sports!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

we've had our (Utah) ski areas open now (funny enough, our southern most opened first) for a little while. will keep an eye on this thread, and expect pics from you, Adams . . .
Adams_BJ
I will putting daily videos up from my trip to japan, and when our season opens up my our weekly tours and New Zealand.

I hate summer. Little clothing is the only redeeming factor of summer.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2009-11-29 19:41:08)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Skeleton is fucking badass. Favorite winter olympic sport (behind Hockey, of course). Toboggan is good too.

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Olympics in Canada
Adams_BJ
Skeleton looks scary as shit tbh.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
https://personalfinanceandinvesting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/snowball.jpg

worlds oldest sport ftw
Adams_BJ
Its all fun and games until someone throws a rock.
Adams_BJ
Updates ladies, I know a few of you have been out in the snow
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
Sierra Summit 12/19/09
https://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5484/lb005dc585add4dcda66fb8.jpg
this was after 4 dreading hours on the highest hill, i decided to go be a faggot and go on the bunny hill and practice, since it was my 1st time snowboarding!
Adams_BJ
lolbeanie
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
just went snowboarding for 5 days in steamboat springs, colorado

i had a bit of trouble switching to toe-edge, i felt like i really had to throw my leg behind me and sometimes even jump a little for it to go over, otherwise i'd just be "stuck" on flat

I ride regular

any ideas adams?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Practice. It's not that hard, you just need to get most of your weight on your front leg so that the back will turn easier.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
I went downhill skiing for the second time yesterday...kinda fun. Two hours was all I could stand it for tho'.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

ghettoperson wrote:

Practice. It's not that hard, you just need to get most of your weight on your front leg so that the back will turn easier.
i would though. like i have no problem going to heel edge at all, smooth as butter. then i would come back downhill and try to go toe edge and nothing would budge, like it was stuck.

idk, you're probably right.

ed: I don't remember having this issue at all last spring break when I learned for the first time - but that was almost a year ago on a different board, boots, bindings...

Last edited by Bevo (2010-01-11 07:06:51)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
Posted this in the sports pictures thread. Brother's got some videos of me doing 360's and on some rails. Will try and get him to upload them so I can post 'em here.

https://i48.tinypic.com/sw4ihe.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Bevo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

i would though. like i have no problem going to heel edge at all, smooth as butter. then i would come back downhill and try to go toe edge and nothing would budge, like it was stuck.

ed: I don't remember having this issue at all last spring break when I learned for the first time - but that was almost a year ago on a different board, boots, bindings...
Do you tend to freak out when it happens? And have you tried it on the flat, beginners slope? Once you get scared everything starts to go wrong.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Poseidon wrote:

Skeleton is fucking badass. Favorite winter olympic sport (behind Hockey, of course). Toboggan is good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6tX64qD … re=related
please tell me where the skill is in this. Sure, you need to be, er, reckless I guess to do it, but where's the skill actually?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

ghettoperson wrote:

Bevo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Do you tend to freak out when it happens? And have you tried it on the flat, beginners slope? Once you get scared everything starts to go wrong.
no, I'm pretty calm. I'm not scared to turn, I just get 'stuck'. I can go down runs just fine, I just kind of have to throw my leg when doing it. It even happens on green/flat parts of a run. If I don't put a litle bit more effort into it, my board will just remain downhill. If that happens I'll either throw my leg back or switch back to heels.

I have my bindings at 15degrees outwards on both feet, and slightly towards the back of the board iirc, if that makes a difference. Not too sure what that changes tbh.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Well, you're either not distributing your weight properly, or there was something up with your board. I'd lean towards the weight thing. Obviously it's pretty hard to try and diagnose your issues from the internet.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
What do you mean not distributing weight properly? I do lean forward just a bit like my instructor told me. How should I shift my weight in order to turn more easily onto my toes?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Well, as you said, you want the majority of your weight on the front foot when you turn, in order to slide the back end around without too much difficulty. What tends to happen if you're not really confident is that you lean back, and then you obviously can't get the back to move at all. I'm pretty sure that'll be your problem, but as I said, I haven't seen you ride so I can't really say.

You had lessons that week, and still have issues?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
I had 3 days of lessons last spring break, nothing this trip. I don't feel like I'm not confident, I'm pretty decent given the time I've been boarding. I was taught pretty well to keep my weight centered and slightly forward. Not that that's not the issue, I mean I'm pretty nub compared to any of y'all. But it doesn't really ring a bell to me as Im not scared of leaning downhill. My instructor made me do a black run my 2nd day snowboarding, while terrifying at the time, really helped with any cofidence/slope issues.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Ok, I wasn't sure if you meant you'd had lessons this past week. I can't really help you, only suggest common sticking points. Until you're good enough to link turns and get out and cover miles and miles to practice, you need a instructor to help you out. I'm no pro snowboarder by any means, I'm a skier, but I can snowboard reasonably well.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
Everytime I take a camera or somebody in my group takes a camera, we end up causing an avalanche or a snowmobile breaks down, so we don't bring one anymore. 

Besides we're going to fast, and doing really stupid shit, so we do not want any evidence of your asshattery or one of the wives will "ground" a member of the crew from coming out and playing in the snow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard