CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
How about spotting enemies, that turn out to be friendlies?  Or worse, start firing first!  Team damage, don't hurt teammates!  aaarrrrggghhh!
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6815
im always blowing myself up with c4 quicking trying to dump then before i notice i have 2 left not 4 boom im dead
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6783
I havent really been embarassed yet. It was funny when me and my mate were working as a team and I parachuted off a building, then stood at the bottom watching him para only to be hit and killed by him.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6806
Just learned abut how to fly a helo properly. wanted to show my "skill" and wanted to dive under the pipes between the silos an the things right beside it at the china base of dragon valley... unfortunately i hit the pipes and killed my gunner
CBRad929
+1|6754
As a squad leader, someone asked me to get commander to drop supplies on our position.  I did and he dropped it right on top of me, killing me. 
OnBoyce
+3|6795|Montreal, QC
I had some shameful moments... Like this time when I wanted to throw a grenade over a wall, but didnt aim high enough, and the grenade bounced right back at me. Start running like hell... ... straight in front of me, into the same wall... *BOOM* I go. Ahhhh, what panic makes you do sometimes.

And also that other time I thought I could cross a broken bridge with my humvee... about 5-6 spectators to see me fall into my death in the river!

Nice job OnB!

Last edited by OnBoyce (2005-10-17 13:58:38)

eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6813|Sacramento, Cal
July 19th started playing on Dalian Plant.  I accidentally tked a full squad, end up 12 or 18- >_<
CplClarkUSMC
Semper Fidelis
+0|6742

NiMhurchu wrote:

I once blew up my own team's commander assets, because I usually play the other team... hell...
ditto! lol
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

i threatened a guy with a DAO-12 with my wrench. bad move lol. also my friend, first time he played, though the assualt had grenades, so he switched to a grenade, only to realize it was a smoke grenade, so he quicklly switched to his gun and one shot he fired (aimlessly) it hit a guy int he head. he shot him through the smoke lol
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6743|NRW,Germany
I´ve been switched during a round and didn´t realize it until after I pinned down 3 of my now teammates...
Somehow I do think different sides should have different unlocks
McCullough
+7|6808
We all know about the friendly turning red problem but how about friendlys talking enemy language?  And even appears as a red dot on the UAV. Once i followed a guy with a red nametag, yelling "First Aid Here!" while MEC. This has cused me a couple of TKs.
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada
my score trying to get the arieal service ribbon... (Wich i did get)
Total:23      team:-21      Kills:22      Deaths:12
slidero
I swear at least half my deaths in jets are due to trees... I seem to be attracted to them.
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada
i hear that

but i also still use the first joystick i ever bought, its all analog,  dosent have a center, (it randomly pickes a direction to turn) its absolutly the crapyest joystick available.

Last edited by Dnamaster (2005-10-17 16:47:31)

TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6763|Oklahoma
Going in for a heavy bomber run to slaughter the bunch of helpless enemys wating at a flag for no reason, finding out that a fully loaded friendly vic comes drving in from nowhere and killing only them...

or a similar scenario

Going in for a heavy bomber run seeing only one friendly on the map and is clear from my bombs, and he was, but the 4 squad members that spawned seconds from contact....wernt

Ahhh, the ups and downs to bombing
Col-Khadafi
+0|6766|Your Mom's House
OH look at that helpless FAV, if i just keep strait a little more, oh god pull up!

Col_Khadafi is no more.
DriftX
+0|6756
Sometimes, a tank will be right on me, so I find some cover. I take out my SRAW/Eryx (depending on what side I'm on) and I go prone and try to peak out JUST A LITTLE BIT so that I can shoot him, but he can barely see me. Then, I fire, and KA-BLAM!, it blows up in my face
GTKtino
+0|6739
ill have to say blowing up an MEC truck thinking its full of MEC soldiers, and its 4 of my own,lol, and also the c4 too fast , that wehn the red button comes i press it too, and boooooom!!!
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6789
Having 2 bars of health left only to stub your toe walking down steps and dying from it.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6807|A Small Isle in the Tropics

throwing a grenade from the bottom of the dry ravine in Mashtuur, up and over the wall embankment, ..and seeing that black spot bounce off the wall and coming back down again and not running away fast enough... kabooomm..... i need to go back to the BF2 bootcamp and gym.

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-10-17 23:20:02)

Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6750|Alabama Coast, USA
Aside from ground AA I can't seem to spot, my most common death in an aircraft is hitting something (often the ground), trying to outfly someone that got on my tail.  I'll be flying, and I've got my joystick's hat set to check alternate angles (mostly front-to-rear, for someone on my tail), and as I'm checking and checking, while turning sharp, I go back to cockpit, and "SHIT! MOUNTAIN!".  Next most common is slowing up to get a better shot at something, and forgetting I dropped the throttle, then realizing about a second too late... "Pull up... pull up... pull up..." (and last time that happened, I actually did shoot down the chopper first).

As for helo... I'm better now (I can get around in one... occassionally get a kil...  and if no one's looking, even land it), but I am still not all that great at giving the gunner what he needs (a stable shot at something).  Had one guy ask to switch positions... I agreed... and was shot down on my 3rd pass at the platform (the only level ground in the area).  Usually running up to a helo, if I'm in a chase with another guy, I pull back a hair (sometimes I catch them doing it too... and usually when I do, I wish they hesitated longer) to get gunner seat rather than pilot.

I always wonder if guys in friendly vehicles see what I did when I'm an AT or on a TOW.  On a few occasions I have spotted some armor, or other vehicle, fired... then half way to target the blue tag pops up...  mouse jogs left, and I'm going "PLEASE MISS... PLEASE MISS... PLEASE MISS..."

Perfect line on an enemy jet's tailpipes with AA, no friendlies in sight...  "Fox One... Fox Two..."   Miss the jet, and they rocket off through the haze.    "LazarusTaglim [Teamkills] Someone"...  seconds later, punished.

Got a bogey behind me... I get him off me (usual), and find myself behind him (rare), so (as I usually fly with the bomb sights on), I try for a gun kill...  Not nearly good enough, switch to missiles, he's evasive, and I'm following FAST...  "Where are you going soldier???"   Crap... now I don't even know what direction I need to go in.    Should've learned by now... that's 75% of the AI's tactics when I practice offline...  "Got a jet hot on your tail?  Run out of bounds, and keep on going".

Finally tonight... I'm in a building, and I see from the UAV someone RIGHT on top of me... probably just around a corner, maybe downstairs coming up, so I get ready... but he doesn't come up.  UAV goes out about the same time I decide to go for the chase (mind you, not a friendly in the area), and first thing I see is a sniper ghili, FIRE!!!  The last thing I see before [Teamkills]... is the blue name finally popping up.  He must've JUST spawned.  Punished.
Incontrovertible
+1|6742|Brisbane, Australia
Playing the BF2 Demo for the first time just to try out the new chopter flight. I got in, powered up and proceeded to fly forwards... backwards into the carrier deck... I found 2 mins later that the default is non-inverted. Stupidest move ever by EA IMO.

Oh and it took me an hour or two to get use to the Friendly = Blue Enemy = Red thing as I too came from DC and CS

Last edited by Incontrovertible (2005-10-18 02:37:44)

Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany
When you have only 5% health left my advice to you is:

DO NOT I repeat Do NOT start to sprint towards the helo (apc, tank,... whatever) like everybody else
they will RUN you over and i mean Sprint by that...
i just died because of that and the worst thing is nobody will ever know
no teamkill, no Aruba-Prime is dead, nothing
The Soup Nazi
+18|6757|North Lauderdale, FL
The Soup Nazi's Unofficial Blooper List

1.  Tall smoke stacks can make for great sniping locations.  I particularly like the ones that have three separate ladders.  I finally make it to the top and assume sniping position.  After spotting a couple enemies, I proceed to follow their movements with my scope and wait patiently for just the right moment to take them out.  They somehow know they're being watched and run out of my field of view, so I crawl towards a position where I can see them again and .....  arrrrrghh!!!!  I've fallen through the hole where the ladder is. 

2.  The smoke stack didn't quite work out for me, so I decide to go grab an inflatable boat and wreak havoc with my m95 from the water.  I spawn on the USMC carrier, grab a boat, drive towards the mainland and park it far out of reach from enemy gunfire.  I switch positions so that I can whip out my m95 and start scoping out enemies.  Just as I'm about to take out a gunner on an enemy tank, some curious attack chopper literally blows me out of the water.

3.  I'm frustrated at all the tank and apc whores, so I decide to stoop to their level.  I spawn as an engineer (so that I can repair my own vehicle), seek out an apc or tank, and drive off looking for trouble.  Not long after that, I encounter an enemy apc.  After a long volley, I emerge the victor but only have 4 bars of health left for my precious tank.  No matter, I'm an engineer, remember?  I back my tank out of the warzone in search of a quiet location where I can repair.  I find a nice hillside that provides some cover and I quickly get to work with my wrench.  Apparently repairing vehicles on hillsides is a bad idea- especially being on the downhill side of the subject you are repairing.

4.  For whatever reason, I decide to pick up my sniper rifle again and enjoy a little Fushe Pass.  I'm playing as USMC and spawn above the factory that has the big oil tanks.  I find a nice camping spot under a shady tree and am looking down at all of my ant-sized enemies running from who-knows-what.  I take aim on one of the unfortunate souls and hit him reducing his health to only two bars.  Well he goes completely bonkers running every which way and actually runs towards the hillside obscuring my view.  I know he's just down there, let me crawl in to get a better loooooooooooo  arrrrrrgh!!!!!  Somehow I've landed at his feet and he's the one still alive. 

5.  Some MEC loser decides it would be fun to spawn on our carrier and my wonderful commander requested that my squad go and kill him.  No biggie, I tell the commander.  The enemy is hiding out under the deck where the inflatable boats are and my team follows me down.  Just as we reach the last flight of stairs, I spot the bugger peeking around the corner, so I chuck a grenade after him.  But I guess one of my squad members didn't see the grenade, because he sprints right over it.  Punished.  Argh.  I round the corner and am now at sea level and I've got the enemy pinned.  (all of the boats were in use at the time)  I aim at his head and squeeze off a round, but before the bullets impact, the squad member I TK'ed spawns right in front of me and gets killed by my gunfire ...  leaving the enemy unscathed.  The enemy and I just stare at each other for a moment out of disbelief and he blows me away...  to which he replies ROFLMAO.  I wasn't laughing. 

6.  Maybe the whole ground-pounder thing isn't for me.  I take the the skies in my shiny F-18 at Kubra Dam ready to dish out some well deserved hellfire.  So I'm just cruising around looking for trouble when my missle lock alert starts going haywire.  I notice a Mig-29 on my 6, so I start practicing some manuevers that even Maverick would've been proud of.  I take the F18 to to ground level and head towards the large opening in the dam.  I've done this trick a hundred times and I'll for sure lose him, I think.  But fate had other plans for me because there was a blackhawk hovering inside with 6 passengers and a buggy sitting underneath with 3.  I flew in, crashed into the blackhawk and the debris landed on the buggy.  9 TK's in one hit.  Yeah, I don't play on that server much anymore.  Oh- did I mention that the Mig-29 flew in after me and got through unscathed.  ROFLMAO, indeed.

7.  I've always been a team player and love having a squad ride with me when I'm piloting the blackhawks.  On one such occasion, I was flying my squad from the USMC base of Clean Sweep towards the main land.  As I was making the flight, I typed to my squad, "Someone take the pilot seat in case if I die."  What the?  I'm flying!  ... And my chopper is taking a nose dive straight into the ground!  Punished.

8.  Mashtuur City.  Playing as the evil MEC suicide bomber from hell.  I make my way to the USMC's helipad where I see the bird sitting on the tarmac.  No one in sight as far as I could tell.  I plant C4 on top of the chopper where the silly Americans won't see it and decide to go hide behind a tree.  This one's in the bag, I thought.  A few minutes pass and finally some troops decide to spawn by the helipad and hop into the chopper.  I figured only three troops in the chopper was hardly worth wasting my C4 on, so I waited until they had filled it all up.  With the chopper full, they took off and I switched to my detonater.  3....2....1....  Enemy artillery on my position!  I hate this game.

9.  I had just acquired my m95 and had heard rumors that I could now shoot pilots out of choppers.  Sweet!  I was poised and ready sitting atop the crane at Gulf of Oman as a USMC sniper.  Looking down towards the MEC attack chopper helipad, I waited for a soldier to hop in and try to take off.  Whoever jumps in there is dead meat, I thought.  After what seems like an eternity, someone finally hops in the chopper and I fire off a round into the pilot's head...  only to find out that it was one of my comrades who had successfully infiltrated the MEC airbase.  Punished.  God...whatever...

10.  I love jets and I especially love flying F-35's.  I'm waiting on the carrier where the F-35 spawns (the one that sits towards the middle of the aircraft carrier), thinking that I'm going to get it first. Other players are waiting around for helicopters, jets, enemy artillery, etc., and one of my mentally-challenged teammates comes running my direction.  Obviously he thinks that he's going to get the jet I'm waiting for.  Well forget it, pal, I was here first.  I'm standing on the edge eyeing him suspiciously just as the F-35 spawns.  Suddenly I'm falling off the deck and land in the water. (I guess the instruction manual forgot to mention that when a vehicle spawns, it displaces player models in the general vicinity) Curses!  The other guy hops in and I hear the engine roar to life.  Of course he forgets to use reverse thrust when taking off and nose-dives right into the water ON TOP OF ME.  I hit punish (since it was his fault) and I find myself kicked and banned.  Apparently the tard happened to be an admin.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
I took out an loaded BH with my attack chopper!!! about 7 TK's aswell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard