SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK

War Man wrote:

They better not bring back the laser designator. Anyway, where'd ya get the info stingray?
If you couldn't dodge the missile then you deserved to get blown up.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

SEREVENT wrote:

War Man wrote:

They better not bring back the laser designator. Anyway, where'd ya get the info stingray?
If you couldn't dodge the missile then you deserved to get blown up.
I could, just that it was fucking annoying hearing constant beeping every time I was in a tank. I think it's better having UAV the laser designator.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois

.Sup wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

.Sup wrote:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/12/16/battlefield-bad-company-2-panama-canal-map-revealed.aspx##
posted 3 days ago tbh
you should have ignored my post then tbh
you should have read the thread tbh
GullyFoyle
+25|5386
GameStop is at it again!

Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 and receive access to the PC multiplayer beta. Beta begins January 28th, 2010 and ends February 25, 2010. Available for online customers only while supplies last. Not available for in-store or in-store pickup orders.

Online Customers: A beta activation code and download instructions will be emailed beginning January 26th, 2010.
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK
Also

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6353|West NY
Can you say uneventful?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

War Man wrote:

I don't think there will be a laser designator, don't remember seeing anything like that in the beta. The snipers instead get the mortar GPS thing. The UAV's have a laser designator though, but they're easy to shoot down, and have a long respawn time, and the missiles aren't really frequent for them. So they're not as annoying as BC1 where every sniper had one
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
Will it top MW2? What do you guys think? I hope it will
Contraz
+13|6394

venom6 wrote:

Will it top MW2? What do you guys think? I hope it will
If by top you mean have better sales and more pre-orders, then no. But for me it almost already has topped MW2, if they were able to make a solid PC version and not just a port from the consoles.

Last edited by Contraz (2009-12-23 16:45:56)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

It'll top MW2 sales for the pc.

Without a fucking doubt. Who gives a shit about console sales? lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
^^ With topping MW2 i mean sales and popularity, for example on Xfire TOP 10 list it will be on a further place then MW2.
I boycott MW2 and i pre ordered BF BC 2 yesterday Hopefully it will run on my system on all LOW and OFF I saw the sys req and well the bottom line is my spec as 2.1 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and 2 gigs of DDR and a Shappire 512 MB DDR3 yeah no money on a new system
War Man

Mekstizzle wrote:

War Man wrote:

I don't think there will be a laser designator, don't remember seeing anything like that in the beta. The snipers instead get the mortar GPS thing. The UAV's have a laser designator though, but they're easy to shoot down, and have a long respawn time, and the missiles aren't really frequent for them. So they're not as annoying as BC1 where every sniper had one
I played the beta too, and I don't think so either. And I agree the UAV is better.
GullyFoyle
+25|5386
Twitter User:  Will there be enough PC Beta keys? Demize99:  Oh yes, there will be lots

=====
XBox & PS3 BFBC2 Demo available Jan 28th (or Feb 4th if you don't pre-order):

Seems like there is a news ticker item running in the console versions of Battlefield Bad Company 1, and Battlefield 1943 games:

Preorder Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 and receive exclusive 1 week Demo access starting on the 28th January.
Get ready for the most spectacular FPS multiplayer experience ever! Battlefield Bad Company 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC!
Source:  forums.electronicarts.co.uk

Also, a similar message is showing up at the Game web site (UK Version of GameStop?):

Preorder Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 and receive exclusive 1 week Demo access starting on the 28th January.
Get ready for the most spectacular FPS multiplayer experience ever! Battlefield Bad Company 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC!
This Demo access is available across PSN and Xbox Live and is exclusive to GAME
Demo Access will be for one week from January 28th 2010
A big "yeah, right" to their statement of exclusivity...
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK
I thought I remembered reading that the PC Beta was gonna be open, guess there is always that chance of being wrong
GullyFoyle
+25|5386
I was thinking about the Xbox & PS3 Demo and the PC Beta possibly starting on the same day, and thinking this would be quite a stress test for DICE/EA.  They have to provide all the servers for the consoles, which should basically be an unlimited number of clients (downloads).  At the same time, a supposedly large number of PC beta keys will be handed out, and DICE will want to control all of the servers for it.

Then I started thinking about them supporting ranking for all of those people, and it occurred to me that unlike the PS3 beta, the demo will probably not support ranking up.  This should relieve them of some of the "stress".  All of the XBox and PS3 players I expect will be stuck with the stock weapons, until the game is released.

Hopefully the PC Beta will be ranked, as the PS3 beta was.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2009-12-30 10:01:09)

War Man
This time I have a comp that can run this
csmag
+92|6446|Canada

GullyFoyle wrote:

I was thinking about the Xbox & PS3 Demo and the PC Beta possibly starting on the same day, and thinking this would be quite a stress test for DICE/EA.  They have to provide all the servers for the consoles, which should basically be an unlimited number of clients (downloads).  At the same time, a supposedly large number of PC beta keys will be handed out, and DICE will want to control all of the servers for it.

Then I started thinking about them supporting ranking for all of those people, and it occurred to me that unlike the PS3 beta, the demo will probably not support ranking up.  This should relieve them of some of the "stress".  All of the XBox and PS3 players I expect will be stuck with the stock weapons, until the game is released.

Hopefully the PC Beta will be ranked, as the PS3 beta was.
the first ones demo was ranked...

Last edited by csmag (2009-12-30 15:09:29)

GullyFoyle
+25|5386
play.com is now mirroring the date for the PC beta first posted by GameStop:

Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a code to access the PC BETA before anyone else! The BETA is due to start on the 28th January 2010 (subject to change). Codes and instructions on how to access the BETA early will be emailed two days prior (currently 26th January) to the start of the BETA. Please note, pre-orders already taken will automatically receive a code.
And EA Store now joins the party:

Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 for the PC
and get guaranteed access to the PC BETA starting January 28th, 2010!**

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-01-06 21:04:34)

baggs
+732|6204
Pre-Ordered with play.com.
GullyFoyle
+25|5386

baggs wrote:

Good for you!  So it is Retail, limited edition?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I preordered from the EA store a while ago, I had a coupon. It was before the LE was announced though, so I don't know if it is or isn't the LE.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6549|UK

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I preordered from the EA store a while ago, I had a coupon. It was before the LE was announced though, so I don't know if it is or isn't the LE.
I think it should be, I belive they are just going to see the LE first and then when it runs out the ''normal'' ones.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6687|"The Empire"

baggs wrote:

play are dog shit and deliver everything late, iv sent endless games back that are due out on a friday and i get it monday. Iv tried Game for the first time!!
baggs
+732|6204

GullyFoyle wrote:

baggs wrote:

Good for you!  So it is Retail, limited edition?
er no idea, just £26.99, i'm not fussed either way providing i get my beta and the actual game.

UK|Hooligan wrote:

play are dog shit and deliver everything late, iv sent endless games back that are due out on a friday and i get it monday. Iv tried Game for the first time!!
providing i get it at some point around release, i'm not bothered.
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

AussieReaper wrote:

Who gives a shit about console sales? lol
the companies who make the games? lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard