Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

macbooks have excellent build-quality. especially on any overall-scale of laptop-shoddiness.

dont care where it's made. i have lots of hardware that was made in the far east that is excellent quality and very durable. moot point... maybe made sense 10 years ago.
Foxconn also made the hardware of my 15€ Ipod copy.

Great quality.

There are good Chinese manufacturers. Foxconn is just in the lower price segment.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2010-01-05 08:06:00)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
exactly so you just made your own logic redundant.

once again macbooks have excellent build-quality, i would never discourage anyone away from one on the grounds of shoddy construction. the aluminium unibody ones are sleek and functional; they don't feel cheap and tacky at all. by comparison the lenovo's could have the build-reliability of a 1950's cold war era nuclear shelter and i would still feel like i was using something with the aesthetics of a 1980's mobile phone. hideous. there's got to be a compromise between build quality and aesthetics somewhere. macbooks have a far better balance than lenovos.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

I'll reject your objective argument with my subjective one!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

you said macbooks suck cause they're made in asia

then said a cheap gadget you have from asia has great build quality

the fuuuck are you talking about

utterly retarded

you're about as objective as a down's syndrome sufferer is intelligent

Last edited by Uzique (2010-01-05 08:22:52)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

you said macbooks suck cause they're made in asia

then said a cheap gadget you have from asia has great build quality

the fuuuck are you talking about

utterly retarded

you're about as objective as a down's syndrome sufferer is intelligent
Oh, didn't you notice that was sarcasm?

(It was.)
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Uzique wrote:

exactly so you just made your own logic redundant.

once again macbooks have excellent build-quality, i would never discourage anyone away from one on the grounds of shoddy construction. the aluminium unibody ones are sleek and functional; they don't feel cheap and tacky at all. by comparison the lenovo's could have the build-reliability of a 1950's cold war era nuclear shelter and i would still feel like i was using something with the aesthetics of a 1980's mobile phone. hideous. there's got to be a compromise between build quality and aesthetics somewhere. macbooks have a far better balance than lenovos.
I agree completely. I was just hoping a Windows laptop manufacturer made something comparable.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Its all up to what you like, I personally prefer the look of most of the Lenovos over the Macs.  Macs seem too... sterile to me.  Lenovo's have a tough build quality and I like the feel of the outer cover (basing it off of the one in the office beside me).
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
For 2k? Go extreme with that shit, how much is a Falcon Northwest?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Uzique wrote:

how are lenovo 'worlds ahead' of apple for build quality? sorry but what are you talking about...

£2k with a need for nice-appearance screams MBP, really. when you're spending £2k on a laptop you're never getting maximum-economy for your money, anyway, it's always gonna have a bloated price. may as well just take the sucker-punch and get a sexy slice of apple.
Macbooks are made by Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Some bits of them are. The components are built in different countries (logic boards in Japan, most other bits in China). MacBooks sold in Europe are still assembled in Cork as far as I'm aware.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Uzique wrote:

macbooks have excellent build-quality. especially on any overall-scale of laptop-shoddiness.

dont care where it's made. i have lots of hardware that was made in the far east that is excellent quality and very durable. moot point... maybe made sense 10 years ago.
Foxconn also made the hardware of my 15€ Ipod copy.

Great quality.

There are good Chinese manufacturers. Foxconn is just in the lower price segment.
So what? Foxconn don't make the logic boards, CPUs, memory, hard drives, LCDs, optical drives etc. - they only make a few fans and cables and things.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-01-06 07:27:32)

~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard