-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5492|Ventura, California
Hey guys!

So whenever I play a game that requires a lot of graphic usage like Crysis, ArmA 2 (5k view distance or more), COD5 (With like 40 players), etc... after a few minutes my screen will go black then it will come back and it will be very slow (Very low FPS). Then I go to my desktop and there's a yellow triangle in the bottom right of my screen and it says "Graphic display error" or something like that.

I have a GTX260 core 216 896MB OCed from 650MHz to 710, and it's always ran fine for the 4 months I've had it. Now suddenly I'm getting this.

I've tried:

- Updating the drivers
- Adjusting the OC MHz

The rest of my PC:

CPU : E8400 3.00GHz (Intel dual core)
RAM : 4GB (Well 3.5 because I have a 32bit OS)
Mobo: ASUS P5KPL-AM

+2 to whoever can find and fix ze problem. Thanks in advance guys
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black
Seems like a driver problem, but the fact you updated your drivers kinda rules that out. How did you update your drivers?

Check temperatures ingame, and clear dust out your fan.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I checked temperatures, they never exceed 55°C

I got to the NVIDIA site, then downloads, drivers, GTX260...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I checked temperatures, they never exceed 55°C

I got to the NVIDIA site, then downloads, drivers, GTX260...
Try booting into safe mode, using a program called DriverCleanerPro to completely remove the driver, then reboot into safe mode, and reinstall the driver.
alexb
<3
+590|5959|Kentucky, USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

OCed from 650MHz to 710
Set it at default 650Mhz, then see if the issue remains.
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6749|sunderland england

Finray wrote:

Seems like a driver problem, but the fact you updated your drivers kinda rules that out. How did you update your drivers?

CLEAR DUST he has only had it 4 months
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

woodrot wrote:

Finray wrote:

CLEAR DUST he has only had it 4 months
A build up of dust can vary depending on how often his room is hoovered etc. You'd be surprised how quickly dust can build up. And if it's not dust - so what, only took 2 minutes to open his case and have a look.
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6749|sunderland england
correct
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6586|NYC / Hamburg

stock clock on the GTX260 is 576MHz core, 1242MHz shader, 1998MHz memory
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
Definitely sounds like a driver or excessive overclock to me... I had similar problems with my 4870, but a clean of drivers and update solved it.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Excessive over clock? I used Furmark and Rivatuner and closely monitored the temperatures and performance, even on a 10 minute stress test my max temperature was something like 65-70°C. My default clock is 650MHz not 576MHz. I only added 50-60MHz (lol "only") xD

The only other time I had this problem was when I turned my fan down to 25% speed so it wouldn't make any noise (PC is in living room, next to dining room, so it was annoying for conversation to hear a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ). Then I played COD4 and after about 5 minutes my graphics card must have hit a very high temperature and I had exactly the same problem.

That was a month or so ago, I've played ArmA 2 and Crysis since, and didn't have this problem until a few days ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard