Banned
+5,830|6467

our team number (137764)

has this changed?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

137764 is correct
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
laptop1 is doing 130ppd
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
if you were not getting any points for GPU WU P10101   this is fixed now
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
Do you think A Core 2 Duo T7250 would run the SMP client?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Narupug wrote:

Do you think A Core 2 Duo T7250 would run the SMP client?
It will run it, the question is just whether it will meet the deadlines.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
Might as well try then
max
Vela Incident

2GHz Core2 is plenty fast to meet deadlines

With the linux client you'll get something along the lines of 1500ppd, 800ppd (I think) for windows SMP
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
I remember something on the T32 website about running the Linux one on windows, is that possible?
max
Vela Incident

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland

max wrote:

enjoy
So...

that's the Linux client?  I'm a little confused here
max
Vela Incident

notfred is a linux distribution build specifically for CPU folding.

This is the easiest way of running the linux CPU client on windows. Should only take a couple minutes to set up
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

max wrote:

notfred is a linux distribution build specifically for CPU folding.

This is the easiest way of running the linux CPU client on windows. Should only take a couple minutes to set up
tnx <3 <3<3<3<3<3<3
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
I can't seem to get it to work under my username and this team
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

Narupug wrote:

I can't seem to get it to work under my username and this team
you need to go to the IP it says when it starts. and reconfigure it
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
That's what I was doing but it wasn't applying the changes.

I finally got it to work though (only getting a 237 ppd according to Fahmon ), it seems for some reason it wasn't accepting the BF2s team number.  I put in 32 and it works .

Last edited by Narupug (2009-12-30 20:14:48)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

Narupug wrote:

That's what I was doing but it wasn't applying the changes.

I finally got it to work though (only getting a 237 ppd according to Fahmon ), it seems for some reason it wasn't accepting the BF2s team number.  I put in 32 and it works .
try editing it manual. go to \\Fold-4fde\c\etc\folding\1\  and open client.cfg with notepad. you will see team=32 somewhere  edit it to 137764.

so it looks something like this. but with your name. it is easier to edit if you copy paste is somewhere else first.

Code:

[settings]
username=metal_storm
team=137764
passkey=
asknet=no
machineid=2
bigpackets=big
local=1

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=3

[core]
addr=
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
solved it another way.

Running 200 ppd, worse then with the uniprocessor Might it have something to do with the fact that it seems to be error messaging that it can't use 64 bit support?

Last edited by Narupug (2009-12-31 17:27:21)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

Narupug wrote:

solved it another way.

Running 200 ppd, worse then with the uniprocessor Might it have something to do with the fact that it seems to be error messaging that it can't use 64 bit support?
i think you only get better results if you use it with a multicore cpu
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
I do have a multicore it's a core 2 duo (2 cpus)
max
Vela Incident

The T7250 has VT so you should be able to run a 64bit VM

You need to run 64bit linux to run the multicore client
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
I need to put ubantu or something on the VM? 

This is the error message I get when booting up the VM:

You have configured this virtual machine to use a 64-bit guest operating system.  However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This host is VT-capable, but VT is disabled.
This is usually because VT has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting. Please:
(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable VT and disable 'trusted execution.'
(2) Power-cycle the host, if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host, if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.
(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

Continue without 64-bit support?

Last edited by Narupug (2010-01-01 06:43:20)

max
Vela Incident

chances are VT is disabled in the bios. Enable it and you should be good to go.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland

max wrote:

chances are VT is disabled in the bios. Enable it and you should be good to go.
The VM bios?  Or the windows 7 bios?
max
Vela Incident

the bios on your laptop. Not the virtual VMware one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard