Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6719

Poseidon wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I ordered the GOTY edition off Amazon a few days ago, I should get it by tomorrow. Anyway, does anyone want to give me some advice? This is the first time I've even tried Fallout, and to be honest, the immense scale of the game seems daunting.
You'll be fine. I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2 before playing Fallout 3 and it's one of my favorite games of all time.
I bought GOTY edition even though I still have the original... And both is on Steam lel.

FUCKING THIS SHIT IS EPIC ONCE AGAIN FUCK. I finished Anchorage and it was , especially the t51b
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

henno13 wrote:

I ordered the GOTY edition off Amazon a few days ago, I should get it by tomorrow. Anyway, does anyone want to give me some advice? This is the first time I've even tried Fallout, and to be honest, the immense scale of the game seems daunting.
fallout 3 is anything but immense.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6687|United States of America

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

For fuck's sake, Mig. Stop being such a pessimist about everything.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6476|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Any knowledge where I can find the key to the cell door in Vault-Tec Headquarters?? Fallout wiki didn't help me on this one

If you know, PM me since I most likely forget to come for answers
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6681|Broadlands, VA
THe Pitt - horrudly unbstable????  Anyone have this module crash regulary especially in the "power plant"???
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6192|Canada

Never had a problem. I think the game crashed once in the 50 hours I've played.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5791|Catherine Black
I played through The Pitt in one sitting, not a problem.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6351|Belfast
I started playing this yesterday, it is.....different. It is going to take some getting used to.

Afer about four or five hours playing time, I've only completed one part of The Waseland survival guide and I have only arrived at Rivet City. This game is fucking massive. Combat is different to what I'm used to. The Raiders I've enountered seem like fucking super humans: 2 shots to the heat in VATS won't kill some of them, ffs. Still the game is fucking

During the Vault sequences, I belived (in my epic stupidness) that you could convince Amata (spelling?) to come with you somehow, which I tried to do. Sometimes, it's pretty annoying to travel all the way across the huge map just to discover places, and then you can fast travel.

People have complained that the PS3 GOTY edition is unplayble due to the bugs and the crash to XMBs (what I like to call CTX), but I haven't enountered any yet .

Anyway, it's so far.
ruisleipa
+149|6225|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

sad but true...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6719

henno13 wrote:

I started playing this yesterday, it is.....different. It is going to take some getting used to.

Afer about four or five hours playing time, I've only completed one part of The Waseland survival guide and I have only arrived at Rivet City. This game is fucking massive. Combat is different to what I'm used to. The Raiders I've enountered seem like fucking super humans: 2 shots to the heat in VATS won't kill some of them, ffs. Still the game is fucking

During the Vault sequences, I belived (in my epic stupidness) that you could convince Amata (spelling?) to come with you somehow, which I tried to do. Sometimes, it's pretty annoying to travel all the way across the huge map just to discover places, and then you can fast travel.

People have complained that the PS3 GOTY edition is unplayble due to the bugs and the crash to XMBs (what I like to call CTX), but I haven't enountered any yet .

Anyway, it's so far.
You can't convince Amata to leave with you.

Oh and improve your small gun skills, it adds damage and accuracy to guns.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
henno13
+230|6351|Belfast

Cybargs wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Anyway, it's so far.
You can't convince Amata to leave with you.

Oh and improve your small gun skills, it adds damage and accuracy to guns.
I know you can't, it made sense to me after.

Noted.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

henno13 wrote:

Anyway, it's so far.
Fallout 3 isn't really Massive, It's a lot of empty space and very little to do.

Check out Oblivion, it has a far larger campaign and a lot less walking.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6463

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Anyway, it's so far.
Fallout 3 isn't really Massive, It's a lot of empty space and very little to do.

Wrong.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Anyway, it's so far.

Wrong.
elaborate?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL

Miggle wrote:

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Wrong.
elaborate?
Oblivion has much more cave diving, but eventually they all feel the same, just different enemy factions guarding the loot (which is typically inferior to your own weapons by the end).

Most of Oblivion's world felt wasted though, very little actually took place outside, Fallout 3 felt less sterile.

That said, both games are great, either goty edition would be a solid investment.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Pitt is epic.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5791|Catherine Black

Flecco wrote:

Pitt is epic.
Mothership Zeta gets the "wtf this is so weird but awsm" award
The Pitt gets the "Most fun" award
Operation Anchorage gets the "Holy crap, I now have immensely overpowered gear" award
Point Lookout the award for "Awesome story".

Not played Broken Steel mahself.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

Broken Steel gets the "well now those experience points are actually counting again" award
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

S.Lythberg wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Wrong.
elaborate?
Oblivion has much more cave diving, but eventually they all feel the same, just different enemy factions guarding the loot (which is typically inferior to your own weapons by the end).

Most of Oblivion's world felt wasted though, very little actually took place outside, Fallout 3 felt less sterile.

That said, both games are great, either goty edition would be a solid investment.
even regardless of copy-paste caverns, the game had far more quests, far more weapon variation, and just far more to do in general.

While I had done every quest and a lot of exploration in 30 hours of fallout 3, I have over 100 hours of oblivion and am not even close.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL

Miggle wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Miggle wrote:

elaborate?

even regardless of copy-paste caverns, the game had far more quests, far more weapon variation, and just far more to do in general.

While I had done every quest and a lot of exploration in 30 hours of fallout 3, I have over 100 hours of oblivion and am not even close.
I loved the ability to customize my weapon and armor enchantments, fallout 3 lacked that ability, your gear never truly feels like it's unique.

Custom spells was too, 100% chameleon for 30 seconds ftw
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

S.Lythberg wrote:

Miggle wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I loved the ability to customize my weapon and armor enchantments, fallout 3 lacked that ability, your gear never truly feels like it's unique.

I liked alchemy a lot.

The game was just so much more everything. Fallout 3 really felt like shovelware. It couldn't stand up to other FPSRPGs, Bethesda Games, or Fallout Games.

Not that it's as bad as some of the games that are out right now, but it was a serious disappointment.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

Miggle wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Miggle wrote:

elaborate?

I'll see your Oblivion and raise you Morrowind. Bethesda's games feel shallower with each one they release since Morrowind. Sure they may improve something each time, but they lose a lot of of depth in the process.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL

Miggle wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Miggle wrote:

I liked alchemy a lot.

The game was just so much more everything. Fallout 3 really felt like shovelware. It couldn't stand up to other FPSRPGs, Bethesda Games, or Fallout Games.

Not that it's as bad as some of the games that are out right now, but it was a serious disappointment.
I did spend much more time playing Oblivion (Including using the console to create a superpowered vampire character, since my main game couldn't touch the Dark brotherhood or thieves guild quests without losing the crusader's armor).

Fallout 3 was great with expansions included, but I can see how it would have seemed short without them, that's why I usually wait to buy these sort of games.  I got both of them long after release with the expansions included.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

OmniDeath wrote:

Miggle wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'll see your Oblivion and raise you Morrowind. Bethesda's games feel shallower with each one they release since Morrowind. Sure they may improve something each time, but they lose a lot of of depth in the process.
this is true.

I did however very much like how they got rid of the random chance. Oblivion's combat was far superior to Morrowind's.
henno13
+230|6351|Belfast
I talked to Dr Li before I went to the GNR Station. The Fallout Wiki says that the BoH detachment that you were supposed to encounter does not show up if you do this. Lyon's Pride is obviously a big part of the story, but my question is, since they didn't show up in Chevy Chase, where do they come in?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard