Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6696|San Francisco

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Wrong thread, tank_whore.  Stay on topic.  Note what I said about the major christian groups advancing a political agenda constantly (even if other christians say otherwise, the fact still remains that they are a pretty big political constituency).  This tends to break down the separation of church and State, or blur the line between the two.  My political point was religious agendas, and you are just bringing up irrelevant topics.

So who else here has ever doubted their faith?
You said, "Anyone is allowed to believe in anything they want, as LONG as it is not forced onto others or used as a mass organizational rally point to serve another form of agenda".

Again, you make blanket statments towards Christians yet fail to berate other groups that your blanket statement covers.  But I posed the question, "Will you hold these and others like these to the same standards as you hold Christians?"  And again you fail to answer it because I called you on your intolerance.
Yes, once again, I will hold everyone to the same standards.  Yes, I am intolerant of most christians due to my point up there...while they aren't the only religious group in America that is trying to gain political power, they are by far the richest, largest, and most outspoken faith-based group in this country, therefore I can use them as a prime example.  If you don't like it because you happen to fall under that blanket, so be it.

-gay marriage
-abortion
-prayer in publics schools
-"under god" in the pledge of allegiance
-10 Commandments and other judeo/christian icons in public areas
-"in god we trust" on our currency
-tax breaks for churches/faith-based groups that show political agenda videos to their parishes

...all of these only some of the points I've debated ad nauseum to prove the religious influence on today's legislation in the State and Federal congresses.  If I find others for other faiths, I will post those as well.  Currently, these are the most well-known cases, so I stick with them for discussion.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6779

Marconius wrote:

You said, "Anyone is allowed to believe in anything they want, as LONG as it is not forced onto others or used as a mass organizational rally point to serve another form of agenda".

Again, you make blanket statments towards Christians yet fail to berate other groups that your blanket statement covers.  But I posed the question, "Will you hold these and others like these to the same standards as you hold Christians?"  And again you fail to answer it because I called you on your intolerance.
Yes, once again, I will hold everyone to the same standards.  Yes, I am intolerant of most christians due to my point up there...while they aren't the only religious group in America that is trying to gain political power, they are by far the richest, largest, and most outspoken faith-based group in this country, therefore I can use them as a prime example.  If you don't like it because you happen to fall under that blanket, so be it.

-gay marriage
-abortion
-tax breaks for churches/faith-based groups that show political agenda videos to their parishes

...all of these only some of the points I've debated ad nauseum to prove the religious influence on today's legislation in the State and Federal congresses.  If I find others for other faiths, I will post those as well.  Currently, these are the most well-known cases, so I stick with them for discussion.
Good list. 

Now my list:
-Gay lifestyle crammed down my throat
-Pro abortion
-removal of my right to pray when I want
-muslim call to pray allowed but not Christian church bells
-removal of Christ from Christmas holidays because someone might get offended
-the removal of American heritage to appease those other groups who come to America yet do not want anything to do with American way of life

Last time I checked we were a republic and the majority rules.
kkolodsick
+14|6668

Marconius wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Wrong thread, tank_whore.  Stay on topic.  Note what I said about the major christian groups advancing a political agenda constantly (even if other christians say otherwise, the fact still remains that they are a pretty big political constituency).  This tends to break down the separation of church and State, or blur the line between the two.  My political point was religious agendas, and you are just bringing up irrelevant topics.

So who else here has ever doubted their faith?

-gay marriage
-abortion

I want to make sure I understand you correctly:
Christian groups shouldn't be allowed to lobby because they are large, therefore influtntial, and have money?

By that reasoning you should be against the republicans/democrats because they are the two largest political groups in the US. 

There will always be a Christian religious influence in this country because it was founded on Christian fundamentals.  It's freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion.  Now I know that one is pulled out all the time by Christians but what I mean by it is that our government will not mandate any religion but we shouldn't take religion out of our country.  To single out the Christians because of the size of the group or their financial backing is absolutely crazy.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6661|SoCal

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

Unless you were Lutheran. Or a seventh day adventist. Your view of God's acceptance is puerile and according to many branches of religion, catastrophically incorrect.
Yup.....Man has managed to muck things up on occasion.  But the central tenets are still in place in virtually all religions.....Love for God and love (respect) your neighbors as yourself.  Lutherans and seventh day adventists do agree on that, but they are not the only religions who would agree.
Anyway people, I think your belief makes you weak.
For some.....yes, but it really depends on what you do with your faith.  Your notion is overall too generalistic and "weakness" is relatively different from person to person.  What you may see is weak, others may see it as a strength, or maybe somewhere in between.  But thanks for your anecdotal observation anyways.
God is a crutch, a relic from our savage past. We fear death, we fear being alone, worst of all we are frightened to our core that our lives, our actions, our very existence is meaningless.
To the contrary....we've evolved enough to have the genes necessary for the capacity of faith, not de-evolved into animalistic instinctual behavior.  It's funny how a person of "reason" such as yourself ignored the first few billion years of life on this planet when there were not enough brain cells of any previous and current species that showed a capacity for faith, until humans first appeared who were the first to question their own existence.
So what did we do when we were cavemen and we started to wonder why the world was, who we are, what is our purpose? We created a creator.
Probably the most important thing next to discovering and controlling fire.

Complex thoughts being beyond us we build a God into a burning bush and from there every facet of our life is tainted by this prejudiced notion of a higher being, a higher order to things. Our lives are linear, they go from start to finish, so even by medieval times the notion that things simply are was anathema to our perspective. We cannot picture a story without a beginning, and just as much we cannot picture something being made without an intelligence behind it.
Ah, the god-of-the-gaps argument.  Like learning how to read and write, it takes time to refine our skills and use both reason and faith correctly when it comes to broadening our knowledge in the cosmos.  We're still evolving, correct?

You are meaningless, your existence has no purpose. 'Humanity is a successful virus clinging to the face of a speck of brown mud, suspended in infinite nothingness'. And that's not at all a bad thing.
Heh, my wife tends to disagree with you on that first sentence.  A virus? Heh, who knew?
Cast off this superstition, take some responsibility for your actions. Take some responsibility for your fucking life!
I am more responsible than most people I know, religious or non-religious.  There is no correlation between them (religion and responsibility).  As for the superstition comment, have you ever wondered that we (humans) may be evolving a sixth sense (faith)?  Time will only tell. 
Think of this; a child is born into a religious family, it is taught from birth that God exists (by whatever name) and that eternal peace waits if it just toes the line/tithes its salary/ goes to church. Now take that same child at birth and put him into a family that is not religious. Is he going to live the same life? Isn't the concept of a God and the idea of religion simply something inculcated into our children, and never giving them any other option that to believe? I know of no concept more pervasive, more absolute in its requirements of your faith than that of religion. Take away that training, take away that influence and you have an individual who through rational thought can make decisions. Too many people arguing for the existence of God are coming from a standpoint that can honestly and without malice be described as brainwashing. You may think you have excercised your free will, but your very decisions have in a way been pre-determined by your upbringing and you cannot surely deny that?
Again, you are overgeneralizing.  Not all religious people do this.  You may have experienced this personally yourself, which is anecdotal at best.

So give me your watchmaker arguments, enlighten me with your philosophies. Tell me how you believe the absence of a God means there is no right or wrong, preach to me your absolutes.  I have never yet seen an argument over God end in a satisfactory resolution.
Neither have I.  Proof of God ain't gonna drop on your lap anytime soon.  That's why it's called faith.  As for faith trying to disprove scientific facts to prove that there is God.....same thing.  It's unnecessary and disingenuous.

You are arguing from a standpoint of faith, I from reason.
I argue on behalf of both.......and most religious people fall into this category.  Brainwashing can occur not only in religious settings, but also in non-religious settings, such as political affiliation, nationalism, tribalism, etc.
Shed your chains, live your life without fear of this threatening parental figure. Take a deep breath and caste aside the wager that maybe there is a God and therefore you should play it safe. Innovate, fuck (guys girls who cares), live!
Hey, that's what Geoffry Dahmer, Charles Manson and a few other contemporaries did too......oh, wait a minute, they did end up being chained by another parental figure for their "living of life".....the government.

Last edited by Yeticus Rex (2006-04-19 14:24:29)

JaMDuDe
+69|6779
This is for some athiests to explain, i just want to know what they think.                     http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/origin-of-life.html   Dont just say the site is bias and stuff.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

kkolodsick wrote:

Marconius wrote:

-gay marriage
-abortion

Christian groups shouldn't be allowed to lobby because they are large, therefore influtntial, and have money?

By that reasoning you should be against the republicans/democrats because they are the two largest political groups in the US. 

There will always be a Christian religious influence in this country because it was founded on Christian fundamentals.  It's freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion.  Now I know that one is pulled out all the time by Christians but what I mean by it is that our government will not mandate any religion but we shouldn't take religion out of our country.  To single out the Christians because of the size of the group or their financial backing is absolutely crazy.
That is where you are wrong, and one point that religious groups often don't understand.  While you have freedom of religion, I do in fact have the right to not have religion forced on me, therefore freedom from religion.  If I have a preference of no religion, it has as much right as you to have and practice your religion.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6696|San Francisco

kkolodsick wrote:

They can't be allowed to do so because then their political backing violates the Establishment clause in the 1st Amendment.  You have a religious group influencing legislation on morality and "heritage" views that only apply to their way of life.  It's a violation if any religious group does this...it's just the fact that christians have the largest following in this country that they are the most outspoken and easily tracked when it comes down to issues like this.

America is NOT a christian nation, even though the majority of Americans identify with one form of it or another.  The freedoms that this country grants can not be limited to the christian ideal dogma, nor can it be handled by a group of people influenced by their own morality base and their own religious agendas...doing so only leads to theocracy.  Religion is all fine and good existing as a separate entity in this country, but that's how it should always be.  Religion was never meant to tip it's hand into the government, since that's exactly what the Deist forefathers were trying to get away from.

Always remember the tyranny of the majority:

Federalist Paper #10 wrote:

A pure Democracy, by which I mean, a Society, consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the Government in person, can admit of no cure for the mischiefs of faction. A common passion or interest will, in almost every case, be felt by a majority of the whole; a communication and concert results from the form of Government itself; and there is nothing to check the inducements to sacrifice the weaker party, or an obnoxious individual. Hence it is, that such Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.
and Tocqueville:

Alexis de Tocqueville wrote:

That which I reproach the democratic government for the most, such as it is organized in the United States, is not (like many Europeans claim) its weakness, but, to the contrary, its irresistible force. And that which disgusts me the most in America, is not the extreme liberty which reigns there, but the lack of guarantees one finds there against tyranny.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6696|San Francisco

JaMDuDe wrote:

This is for some athiests to explain, i just want to know what they think.                     http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/origin-of-life.html   Dont just say the site is bias and stuff.
All scientific explanations veiled with anti-evolutionary comments and the constant urging of "scientists can't figure it out!  Therefore GOD must've done it!  You must only believe that!" and "scientists using a dated procedure couldn't create Life!  Scientists cannot produce the same environmental and global equivalents of the primordial soup in their experiments, so that can only mean that GOD must've done it all!"

Biased.
Daysniper
+42|6637

JaMDuDe wrote:

So you're telling us to lie, is that it?
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
No i just wanted a scientific explanation, i already knew you would say it was biased.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
If you want a scientific explanation, don't look at religious sites.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
I was asking you for one.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

Let's try again, shall we?

1. You are limiting yourself to one site which uses one text. You have not considered that many scientists now believe that these amino acids and proteins were much, much simpler in the past, and that they EVOLVED to this level (e.g. a block of amino acid hits another and finds some new 'use').

2. That probability is probably an understatement. However, it deals with MODERN proteins! 4.5 billion years ago, they were (as with the aminos) much simpler. Richard Dawkins, I believe, first postulated this.

3. As I said. Isn't it funny that the problems only arise when evolution is not applied properly?

4. DNA is NOT a very compelx chemical. It contains 4 - Just 4! - Different molecules. Therefore, it is not hard to imagine that it came about much by chance. Since it is a CHEMICAL, then it probably would have lain there for a long time.

5. Life probably formed early. WITHOUT DNA. Therefore, there was no way that it could reproduce. This kept occuring until ONE life form DID have DNA. THEN it started to reproduce.

6. 'Scientists are increasingly turning from Darwinism'. Of course, scientists to you might mean gullible, uneducated people, but to me...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Christiananswers.com wrote:

During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing being produced from anything other than another living thing.
During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing seeing, hearing, or proving God exists.

As yet, Evolutionism has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many other complex elements of the cosmos.
Religion has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many other complex elements of the cosmos.

It is highly premature for materialists to claim that all living things evolved into existence, when science has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by natural processes.
It is highly premature for theists to claim that all living things were created into existence, when christianity/theism has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by God.

There is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could) evolve into existence from non-living matter. Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible. Only DNA is known to produce DNA. No chemical interaction of molecules has even come close to producing this ultra-complex code which is so essential to all known life.
There is no scientific proof that life was created into existence from living or non-living matter.  Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible (doesn't this refute the idea that a higher being created us out of nothing).

You boys see what I did?  It really isn't that hard to understand there is no proof that God exists, and no proof He doesn't.  You believe in God because someone told you to, people wrote about it before, lots of people believe it, whatever.  I believe in evolution of life because it has been somewhat documented, and proven on a small scale.  Do I know if we evolved from monkeys?  Of course not.  However, I, personally, would rather base my beliefs on something that I feel is more logical than someone I cannot see or hear or touch.  That is my personal belief, you can believe any way you want, just don't tell me its THE TRUTH
JaMDuDe
+69|6779

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing being produced from anything other than another living thing.
During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing seeing, hearing, or proving God exists.

As yet, Evolutionism has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many other complex elements of the cosmos.
Religion has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many other complex elements of the cosmos.

It is highly premature for materialists to claim that all living things evolved into existence, when science has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by natural processes.
It is highly premature for theists to claim that all living things were created into existence, when christianity/theism has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by God.

There is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could) evolve into existence from non-living matter. Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible. Only DNA is known to produce DNA. No chemical interaction of molecules has even come close to producing this ultra-complex code which is so essential to all known life.
There is no scientific proof that life was created into existence from living or non-living matter.  Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible (doesn't this refute the idea that a higher being created us out of nothing).

You boys see what I did?  It really isn't that hard to understand there is no proof that God exists, and no proof He doesn't.  You believe in God because someone told you to, people wrote about it before, lots of people believe it, whatever.  I believe in evolution of life because it has been somewhat documented, and proven on a small scale.  Do I know if we evolved from monkeys?  Of course not.  However, I, personally, would rather base my beliefs on something that I feel is more logical than someone I cannot see or hear or touch.  That is my personal belief, you can believe any way you want, just don't tell me its THE TRUTH
There are cases in the bible where people have heard God, you chose to say that u cant prove them so they didnt happen.

Religion is not a science.

Hebrews 11:3 "By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at Gods command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
Well, this is by no means rock hard proof, but its a good article:
http://www.americanscientist.org/templa … 438/page/1
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
They dont know how or where it came from so they are assuming it formed on earth. I think i know where it came from ^^
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6631|Tasmania

Yeticus Rex wrote:

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

Unless you were Lutheran. Or a seventh day adventist. Your view of God's acceptance is puerile and according to many branches of religion, catastrophically incorrect.
Yup.....Man has managed to muck things up on occasion.  But the central tenets are still in place in virtually all religions.....Love for God and love (respect) your neighbors as yourself.  Lutherans and seventh day adventists do agree on that, but they are not the only religions who would agree.
My comment was in context of those who believe living a good life will get them into heaven. I was pointing out that depending on what denomination you are, the rules are very different. Central tenets aside, my point was that organised religion is a murky filter for your god.
Anyway people, I think your belief makes you weak.
For some.....yes, but it really depends on what you do with your faith.  Your notion is overall too generalistic and "weakness" is relatively different from person to person.  What you may see is weak, others may see it as a strength, or maybe somewhere in between.  But thanks for your anecdotal observation anyways.
So the meek will inherit the Earth? I imagine that comes after the plague that selectively kills all the strong people? It's a quaint thought and one I would like to see come to fruition, but we are not now that advanced, nor aer we likelyl to be considering how fast we're trying to kill ourselves as a species.
God is a crutch, a relic from our savage past. We fear death, we fear being alone, worst of all we are frightened to our core that our lives, our actions, our very existence is meaningless.
To the contrary....we've evolved enough to have the genes necessary for the capacity of faith, not de-evolved into animalistic instinctual behavior.  It's funny how a person of "reason" such as yourself ignored the first few billion years of life on this planet when there were not enough brain cells of any previous and current species that showed a capacity for faith, until humans first appeared who were the first to question their own existence.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Faith is easy. Faith came about before the age of reason, faith is a childish emotion. That's not necessarily a bad thing, we mustn't harden our hearts to everything however... faith is a belief so strong that you believe what you cannot see, you believe regardless of rules or rhyme, much like a child has faith in its parents. And what's to ignore? The further we are from outr single-celled beginnings the more evolved we are. Faith came first. It has bred on itself ever since. This nonsense about the capacity for faith, like your brain and this ability somehow makes you special. If we had evolved straight to science and bypassed all other stages right back to hopping down from the trees then the question of God would be academic, and merely one solution in a plethora of possibilities as to the fact of existence.
So what did we do when we were cavemen and we started to wonder why the world was, who we are, what is our purpose? We created a creator.
Probably the most dangerous impediment to our progress we've ever devised.
Changed your wording on that one.
Complex thoughts being beyond us we build a God into a burning bush and from there every facet of our life is tainted by this prejudiced notion of a higher being, a higher order to things. Our lives are linear, they go from start to finish, so even by medieval times the notion that things simply are was anathema to our perspective. We cannot picture a story without a beginning, and just as much we cannot picture something being made without an intelligence behind it.
Ah, the god-of-the-gaps argument.  Like learning how to read and write, it takes time to refine our skills and use both reason and faith correctly when it comes to broadening our knowledge in the cosmos.  We're still evolving, correct?
I don't understand your reference to god of the gaps. And yes, thankfully we are still evolving.

You are meaningless, your existence has no purpose. 'Humanity is a successful virus clinging to the face of a speck of brown mud, suspended in infinite nothingness'. And that's not at all a bad thing.
Heh, my wife tends to disagree with you on that first sentence.  A virus? Heh, who knew?
Yep. The earth is our host. Don't think that intelligence or faith makes it any different. Make your own destiny, don't have it chosen for you. Don't let the writings of mere human beings (who twist and turn words for their own devices) dictate to you how to live. My central philosophies are very similar to what's in the bible, but the rest is mere parable.

Cast off this superstition, take some responsibility for your actions. Take some responsibility for your fucking life!

... wrote:

I am more responsible than most people I know, religious or non-religious.  There is no correlation between them (religion and responsibility).  As for the superstition comment, have you ever wondered that we (humans) may be evolving a sixth sense (faith)?  Time will only tell. 
Think of this; a child is born into a religious family, it is taught from birth that God exists (by whatever name) and that eternal peace waits if it just toes the line/tithes its salary/ goes to church. Now take that same child at birth and put him into a family that is not religious. Is he going to live the same life? Isn't the concept of a God and the idea of religion simply something inculcated into our children, and never giving them any other option that to believe? I know of no concept more pervasive, more absolute in its requirements of your faith than that of religion. Take away that training, take away that influence and you have an individual who through rational thought can make decisions. Too many people arguing for the existence of God are coming from a standpoint that can honestly and without malice be described as brainwashing. You may think you have excercised your free will, but your very decisions have in a way been pre-determined by your upbringing and you cannot surely deny that?
Again, you are overgeneralizing.  Not all religious people do this.  You may have experienced this personally yourself, which is anecdotal at best.

So give me your watchmaker arguments, enlighten me with your philosophies. Tell me how you believe the absence of a God means there is no right or wrong, preach to me your absolutes.  I have never yet seen an argument over God end in a satisfactory resolution.
Neither have I.  Proof of God ain't gonna drop on your lap anytime soon.  That's why it's called faith.  As for faith trying to disprove scientific facts to prove that there is God.....same thing.  It's unnecessary and disingenuous.

You are arguing from a standpoint of faith, I from reason.
I argue on behalf of both.......and most religious people fall into this category.  Brainwashing can occur not only in religious settings, but also in non-religious settings, such as political affiliation, nationalism, tribalism, etc.
Shed your chains, live your life without fear of this threatening parental figure. Take a deep breath and caste aside the wager that maybe there is a God and therefore you should play it safe. Innovate, fuck (guys girls who cares), live!
Hey, that's what Geoffry Dahmer, Charles Manson and a few other contemporaries did too......oh, wait a minute, they did end up being chained by another parental figure for their "living of life".....the government.
Running out of time, must off to work.

I'll get back to you.

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-19 16:41:04)

XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6631|Tasmania
Oh, and thanks for the -3 karma, so glad to see we're open to other viewpoints.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702

JaMDuDe wrote:

They dont know how or where it came from so they are assuming it formed on earth. I think i know where it came from ^^
You think you know. Well, now we're making progress. At least you aren't saying you're sure you know where life came from and quoting the bible as evidence.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

kkolodsick wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

why should god have a human characteristic of jealousy, that shit sounds so silly to me.  God is some dude sitting on a mighty throne in a cloud looking down on everybody feeling angry and jealousy for those that dont worship him WTF I cant go on that is just childish
Deuteronomy 4:24 
......blah blah blah blah blah..........

Deuteronomy 5:9

Deuteronomy 6:15   

I didn't make this stuff up.  That's why, for Spark, believers in other "Gods" will be punished by this God.
He created everything and only asks that we look to Him and Him only.
You didnt make this stuff up but somebody else did.  If you want to be taken serious, do not bring up scriptures.  As far as anyone knows they could have been written by a race of super smart cigar chomping monkeys.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
As i said before, the bible was written in different times, different places, and by different people and it all came together to make sense over 2000 years ago. I doubt anyone could do that without phones or email or any technology. And theres some archaeological proof that the places and sometimes the people were all real. That would be pretty hard for some random people to write up cause they wanted some more answers.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-19 17:12:34)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6696|San Francisco
Fact is, christianity wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the following it has today if it weren't for Emperor Constantine I allowing it to be practiced within the Roman Empire...
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There are cases in the bible where people have heard God, you chose to say that u cant prove them so they didnt happen.

Religion is not a science.

Hebrews 11:3 "By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at Gods command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."
'Religion is not a science'.

Thank you for admitting what everyone else on this forum already knows. Now put it into practice. My advice: use wikipedia. Its a neutral source (if you don't think so, make an account and put it on the talk pages).

This might get you started

If you see a SCIENTIFIC problem with that page, take it up with me. I'll take it up with them and get you an answer.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

As i said before, the bible was written in different times, different places, and by different people and it all came together to make sense over 2000 years ago. I doubt anyone could do that without phones or email or any technology. And theres some archaeological proof that the places and sometimes the people were all real. That would be pretty hard for some random people to write up cause they wanted some more answers.
What do you mean? Kids have been doing that for a LOOONG time (they make stuff up to solve the mysteries of the world)
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard