Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

Negerkungen wrote:

I'll join the EU server soon,hope to see all of u guys tonight.
I ll be there at 1900 hours dutch time.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

one of these fückers killed me 11 times when I was trying to get a jet. Hm, is there no possiblity to "autokick" such wankers. Like if you got -10 or so you´ll be kicked automaticly or banned for a little time (hardwareban will be my suggestion )

My vote will also go to: armageddon and hellhead
I am gonna have a look at the settings for autokick for TKs

Arma, hellhead and dancer from bmb would be my first choices also.

EDIT: value for no. of TK's before autokick set from 7 (!) to 3
Echo
WOoKie

B.Schuss wrote:

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

one of these fückers killed me 11 times when I was trying to get a jet. Hm, is there no possiblity to "autokick" such wankers. Like if you got -10 or so you´ll be kicked automaticly or banned for a little time (hardwareban will be my suggestion )

My vote will also go to: armageddon and hellhead

Arma, hellhead and dancer from bmb would be my first choices also.

I d say hellhead and armageddon are both good candidates.

As for the tk autokick value 3, if i m aviating, i ll also engage armor when a teammate spots it. I think aviating is all about giving support to the groundforces. So i m bombing frontlines all the time basicly and a little mistake while you re bombing(cant see friendlies on the ground on your hud) the hell out of enemy armor will give you about 2 or 3 tks if you re unlucky. If you re not paying attention in your tank and you drive over a full hummer by mistake thats 4 tks.

I d say go for the safe side cause there will allways be accidental tks. I d say maybe 90% of all tks are accidental. I think we should use a 5 tks for a autokick servervalue and see how it goes. If someone is tking intentionally he out of there in no time with a 5 tk autokick.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-04 10:21:39)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

Another question: is there a autopunish on the EU server? I´ve been punished three times this evening on oman. I was the topscorer of mec in the SU34 and three m8s (or else) punished me althought I´ve erased a whole enemy squad...

looked like this:
fon|sl4y3r [SU34] unknownvictim1
fon gabberfreak [SU34] unknownvictim2 (tank or apc)
fon gabberfreak [SU34] unknownvictim3 (tank or apc)
fon|sl4y3r [SU34] unknownvictim4
fon|sl4y3r [SU34] unknownvictim5
fon|sl4y3r [LAV25] unknownvictim6

fon|sl4y3r [teamkill] mec-private1
fon|sl4y3r [teamkill] mec-private2
fon|sl4y3r [teamkill] mec-private3

you know, those buddys died because of a exploding vehicle and I have to be the fool.
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands

B.Schuss wrote:

Will solve the problem of 1% of the players who ruin the game for the other 99% when there's no admin around

But ... don't forget:
1. if you are commander and give a team ARTY support and tell them ARTY MOVE IT... and they STILL run into it ...
2. Some guys run a full car into the back of your tank....
3. AA might still find the wrong plane sometimes
4. Some stand in front of a plane if they can't get it... so the guy in the plane runs over them (doesn't see then)

[offtopic]
While I was typing a reply I wondered:
I still see a lot of posts about subjects that are discussed in other posts.   How hard can it be ?

Server Info                       Look here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16454
                                                                      (close... and only info from Server admin ?)
Server Rules                     Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17805
Server map rotation         Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16488
Bans/kicks/Complains     Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16489
Talk about gamerounds   Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18582

@ Schuss... any comment on this ?  or should I just shut up [/offtopic]

Last edited by Lt.Goldman (2006-04-04 15:05:44)

Echo
WOoKie

Lt.Goldman wrote:

But ... don't forget:
1. if you are commander and give a team ARTY support and tell them ARTY MOVE IT... and they STILL run into it ...
2. Some guys run a full car into the back of your tank....
3. AA might still find the wrong plane sometimes
4. Some stand in front of a plane if they can't get it... so the guy in the plane runs over them (doesn't see then)
Good points goldman, there will allways be accidental tks. I think an autokick of 3 will be a bit harsh and there will be players kicked for a couple of accidental tks. With 5 we re probably on the safe side. I m trying to avoid players getting kicked for something they have no control over.

A good example, player A wants the tank that player B is driving, player A gets a hummer, tells 2 of his buddy's to get in and rams it into the back of the tank of player B. Player B is autokicked and player A gets his tank.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-04 23:51:28)

Slayer
---hates you

Lt.Goldman wrote:

[

[offtopic]
While I was typing a reply I wondered:
I still see a lot of posts about subjects that are discussed in other posts.   How hard can it be ?

Server Info                       Look here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16454
                                                                      (close... and only info from Server admin ?)
Server Rules                     Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17805
Server map rotation         Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16488
Bans/kicks/Complains     Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16489
Talk about gamerounds   Post Here --> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18582

@ Schuss... any comment on this ?  or should I just shut up [/offtopic]
Damn, I´ve knew there where several other threads about the servers, complains and stuff. Pbliviously I cant search. Sorry for posting all my bitching here... If possible mods pls move to correct subforums.

Would it be a solution to close this thread the other threads would be sticked?
B.Schuss

well, for once, auto-punish is disabled in the settings, so whenever you get punished for a TK, it is because the guy you TK'd wanted to punish you

as far as the auto-kick for [x] TK's is concerned, I believe only punished TK's count for that. Slayer, did u get kicked yesterday because of these TK's  ?

I agree that 3 TK's ain't much if you fly a bomber, but maybe you need to try to be a little more careful with those bombs...

with that said, I'll change it back up to 5 for an autokick. But I do admit I believe 3 is the better setting.

I'll approach Arma, Hellhead and Dancer about admin rights. If all three of them agree, we should have at least one admin on the server all the time, since they are all regulars.

thx for your input.
Slayer
---hates you

B.Schuss wrote:

Slayer, did u get kicked yesterday because of these TK's  ?
Nope.... puh luck, havent recognized this...

I agree that 3 TK's ain't much if you fly a bomber, but maybe you need to try to be a little more careful with those bombs...
nuff said

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-04-05 00:56:03)

Echo
WOoKie

B.Schuss wrote:

I'll approach Arma, Hellhead and Dancer about admin rights. If all three of them agree, we should have at least one admin on the server all the time, since they are all regulars.
Cool! Some extra pairs of eyes on the battlefield are very welcome.

I got a day off from work today to sort out some stuff and i m planning on playing on the european server at 1400 hours GMT(1500 dutch time). Anyone here up for a game of the european server this afternoon?

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-05 05:13:27)

B.Schuss

well, It's off to the gym for me after work, and the other two quarter finals in the CL are up tonight, including Arsenal, so I don't know if I'll have the time. Still, the game got started pretty quick yesterday. I hope it stays like that.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
i am feeling honored and would take responsibility!
Echo
WOoKie

bmb|danCer wrote:

i am feeling honored and would take responsibility!
Hey dancer, great to have you on the team.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
thx echo!
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
shame on me! I haven't still played on the EU server! I'm such a n00b!
B.Schuss

well, there is still a chance to better yourself
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
maybe tonight. Do you people have Karkand ?
Slayer
---hates you

Yep, always the first map m8... Cu down there this evening.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6741|Rotherham, England

Nikola Bathory wrote:

shame on me! I haven't still played on the EU server! I'm such a n00b!
Yes you have, and all you did was try and kick vote me because I refused to vote for Karkand (which coincidentaly was the map we'd just finished before you joined!)
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
Last night was the first time I played on the server.

btw about the kick votes - yes, I started such voted against you. But I wasn't the only one. Also, the votes got about 10 votes at least, so...
My reason for the votes was NOT Karkand, I want to point out. It's because on Oman u killed me with your plane while I was taking of in my from the deck of the carrier (this happened after some admin said "no spawn camp! no discussio etc").
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6711
I'm on the BF2s US Server right now just messing around if anyone wants to join me and play a few rounds, please do!
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6605|South Jersey
lol the average for the US server is 0.32 players....that sucks! we need more people on!
Echo
WOoKie

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

lol the average for the US server is 0.32 players....that sucks! we need more people on!
Well why dont you do something about it? It seems like everybody goes like: Omg! The us server is empty again! I ll play somewhere else today...

If everyone thinks like that it ll say empty during the weeks.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-19 10:15:07)

Slayer
---hates you

General-Echo wrote:

Well why dont you do something about it? It seems like everybody goes like: Omg! The us server is empty again! I ll play somewhere else today...

If everyone thinks like that it ll say empty during the weeks.
Seems like the EU-Guys have to start the US Server too Should we have a try?!

Unfortunatley, the EU-Server is empty now and I have no patience waiting for other players so I´m off for jetwhoring
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Any news on the voip problem on the european server?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard