Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6531|Texas - Bigger than France
Source: Saturday Night Live

Seth made a joke on SNL during the Weekend Update:

A newspaper has reported enough signatures have been collected on a petition supporting the legalization of Marijuanna in the  state of California.  This means smoking pot may soon be legal in California.  However, half of the people signed the petition as "Cap'n Crunch".

First, I'm not googling to figure out this is true, I'm assuming it is.

So...I'm excited...not because I love the herb, but because it's a nice social experiment well away from my town.  So it'll provide a nice trial run to see if legalization works.

Good luck California.  I'm rooting for you.

Any comments on how this new industry will change the economic situation in Cali? or social issues?  etc?
Benzin
+576|5988
If anything, I think it'll put the drug dealers out of business. What they'll do after that, though, is anyone's guess.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6644

I'm not getting my hopes up until the moment it actually happens.

Me and my friend were talking about this yesterday, as a matter of fact. Pot is much less destructive than alcohol, but just has this stigma attached to it, courtesy of ill-informed politicians and parents.

Hopefully it will free up the prisons a little bit, ease up the drug dealing, and get the public to chill out.

Oh and I signed that petition btw... but not as Cap'n Crunch
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6531|Texas - Bigger than France

CapnNismo wrote:

If anything, I think it'll put the drug dealers out of business. What they'll do after that, though, is anyone's guess.
Trafficking to other states?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
its pretty much legal in LA county.

Crime is also down.
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6610|London, England
People say weed is less dangerous than alcohol. But that's because alcohol is often sold quite diluted anyway. Often between 4-10%. Only going upto about 40% with some Vodkas and Whiskeys and shit. With weed, you can get high off just a few puffs of a joint. It's very dense like that. In that sense it's dangerous I suppose.

You can drink alcoholic drinks but not get drunk and still function normally. But for most people, you can't smoke weed and not get high. I think that's a fundamental difference right there. If you get me.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

Pug wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Trafficking to other states?
Most drug dealers aren't that smart.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom

Mekstizzle wrote:

People say weed is less dangerous than alcohol. But that's because alcohol is often sold quite diluted anyway. Often between 4-10%. Only going upto about 40% with some Vodkas and Whiskeys and shit. With weed, you can get high off just a few puffs of a joint. It's very dense like that. In that sense it's dangerous I suppose.

You can drink alcoholic drinks but not get drunk and still function normally. But for most people, you can't smoke weed and not get high. I think that's a fundamental difference right there. If you get me.
like all things, you can develope a tolerance
Tu Stultus Es
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6332|California
I don't even smoke anymore, but I get tired of the false bullshit politicians and ill-informed citizens spew out about weed. Alcohol is worse for you and more publicly destructive, comparatively. Same with cigs. Weed would free up prisons without pointless arrests happening. Would lower crime. Would rid weed as a vice for drug dealers. Etc. You can't even overdose with weed. But you can overdose with anything else, including something like carrots. Take away the smoking aspect of weed, and you essentially have a ~0% harmful effect.
jsnipy
+3,276|6512|...

CapnNismo wrote:

bailout
BVC
+325|6685
Precedent suggests that loosening drug laws lowers both usage and crime.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
Think there was another thread but couldn't find it...

Wouldn't legalising it in Cali just mean the mexicans could then ship it over the border legally?
The govt could tax it but the mexicans could still undercut any californian farmer.

It would be funny seeing the ATF digging through bales of cannabis looking for stashed cocaine though
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
androoz
Banned
+137|5202|United States

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wouldn't legalising it in Cali just mean the mexicans could then ship it over the border legally?
The govt could tax it but the mexicans could still undercut any californian farmer.

It would be funny seeing the ATF digging through bales of cannabis looking for stashed cocaine though
LOL, Mexicans grow the shittiest weed ever, at least the shit they grow in bulk of course.

Haven't you ever heard of Mexican brick weed?

Edit- it will just be specialized farms that make it widely available to the public, ie like supplying to liquor stores and it will be people growing their own.

Last edited by androoz (2010-04-08 07:20:15)

Chou
+737|6780
I'm in Amsterdam and whenever I walk the city at 10 in the morning, there are porch monkeys sitting in coffee shops stoned like a motherfucker already and these guys claim that smoking weed is not addictive, at all, at any time.
I talked to a guy standing outside wearing bandages around his hand..
I asked: what happened?
He replied: I ran out of weed and got frustrated so I punched the wall.

Point is, weed is controlling their lives but they deny it every time and it's fucking up their system hard.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX

Chou wrote:

Point is, weed is controlling their lives but they deny it every time and it's fucking up their system hard.
Shhh, don't tell them, it makes them rage.
Not that pot makes people rage at all.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Pug wrote:

Source: Saturday Night Live

Seth made a joke on SNL during the Weekend Update:

A newspaper has reported enough signatures have been collected on a petition supporting the legalization of Marijuanna in the  state of California.  This means smoking pot may soon be legal in California.  However, half of the people signed the petition as "Cap'n Crunch".

First, I'm not googling to figure out this is true, I'm assuming it is.

So...I'm excited...not because I love the herb, but because it's a nice social experiment well away from my town.  So it'll provide a nice trial run to see if legalization works.

Good luck California.  I'm rooting for you.

Any comments on how this new industry will change the economic situation in Cali? or social issues?  etc?
It will help as long as you hold people accountable for their actions..........never mind it won't help.
androoz
Banned
+137|5202|United States

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chou wrote:

i know thats not true about everyone that uses weed.

like i could say alcohol kills your liver, probably has bad effects on the brain, makes you rage and beat your wife and kids, turns you into an incoherent slob but i know thats not always true, well kinda, not really though.
ruisleipa
+149|6211|teh FIN-land

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well – you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-04-08 07:31:17)

Chou
+737|6780

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chou wrote:

Not at all..
One day a big fucking window was all over the streets with a guy laying around covered in glass.
Cops investigating the scene got a guy answering some questions.. know what he said?

Dude's a motherfucker not passing a damn thing, t'was my money, ya know!!!

He even asked the cop: What would you do?!!
androoz
Banned
+137|5202|United States

Chou wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chou wrote:

Not at all..
One day a big fucking window was all over the streets with a guy laying around covered in glass.
Cops investigating the scene got a guy answering some questions.. know what he said?

haha, sorry if you have had some unfortunate encounters due to weed but thats not everyone.

its safe to say people "RAGE" a shit fucking ton more on alcohol.
Christbane
+51|6224

Dilbert_X wrote:

at least 80% if not more of the mexican weed is shit and not worth smoking.
Chou
+737|6780

androoz wrote:

Chou wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not at all..

haha, sorry if you have had some unfortunate encounters due to weed but thats not everyone.

its safe to say people "RAGE" a shit fucking ton more on alcohol.
The problematic system remains the same and didn't you just read what I just said, I aimed at a specific group of people instead of generalizing the entire weed smoking population.

Same goes for alcohol but I'm aiming at addictive behaviour.
Drinking a six pack every day, habit or not.. makes you an alcoholic, deny it all you want whether it makes a person rage or not, it's still an addiction.
ruisleipa
+149|6211|teh FIN-land

Chou wrote:

Drinking a six pack every day, habit or not.. makes you an alcoholic, deny it all you want whether it makes a person rage or not, it's still an addiction.
I agree people can get addicted to pot, but so what?
Chou
+737|6780

ruisleipa wrote:

Chou wrote:

I agree people can get addicted to pot, but so what?
There's no reason for me to go into a discussion with you on your "so what" argument, is there?
androoz
Banned
+137|5202|United States

Christbane wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

at least 80% if not more of the mexican weed is shit and not worth smoking.
x2

ruisleipa wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqYV9KKOZQ

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well – you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
just an fyi, on sativa strains im one of the most active people ever. and even with indicas, after a while you can actually manipulate the effect so to speak to whatever you want.

but again its not a good idea to go to work (if it involves something dangerous/deep analysis, etc) or go to school when high, just as you wouldnt do those things drunk.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard