Simon
basically
+838|6629|UK
I'm getting a new gaming PC in the near future, just started looking at some tonight on overclockers and other sites. I don't fully understand what all the random numbers and letters mean so as a tech noob some help with recommendations would be appreciated. I just don't want to overpay for a piece of crap or anything as I don't trust my own judgement on these matters!

The only requirements are that its a pre-built PC, I just don't want the hassle (yes it's probably very easy etc etc to do but honestly I'd rather just look at PC's that are already built for the time being). My budget is <£1000

Last edited by Simon (2009-12-23 14:03:19)

IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6692|Ireland | Monaghan

Serioisly Simon; time to get off the pre-built bandwagon.

If you're gonna get some pre built thing get one off OCUK. Maybe an i5 or PIIx4 955
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=

Tbh, go custom and you'll get more for your money.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Simon
basically
+838|6629|UK

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Serioisly Simon; time to get off the pre-built bandwagon.

If you're gonna get some pre built thing get one off OCUK. Maybe an i5 or PIIx4 955
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=

Tbh, go custom and you'll get more for your money.
Yeah I know that with custom you get more for your money but I most likely won't be able to set it up correctly and I have no friends that know shit about PCs so
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6692|Ireland | Monaghan

Honestly, it's not that hard to do. I don't want to come across as mean, but if you take it slow when assembling it you won't go wrong. I was just like you, but I just went cuustom cause it was the best thing to do. I used to own pre-mades myself, full of fail they were. I didn't have a clue how to build one considering the only thing I ever did regarding a computer was change the graphics card.

Look on youtube, or heck find a course in come cityy near you and learn to make one that way. I know I may not be giving the help you asked for in the OP, but telling you to buy a custom is the best advice you can get. Think of it. You buy a premade now, in a few years you want a new computer, so you go for another premade. You could be losing out on 100's of pounds worth of stuff, just cause you wouldn't tryy build it yourself. I promise you, it's so easy. If you wanted I'd even guide you through it using MSN or some other program.

It's the time and age for the consumer to stop buying pre-mades, and get the most out of their money.

P.s: I'm serious about helping you on MSN or through xfire, I don't mind.

And hate typing on a netbook, so thats why spelling is shit

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2009-12-23 14:24:27)

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6501

just go ibuypower....custom but they make it for you
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

I've helped people build PCs by watching them via Skype before if you need a hand...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
I was originally like this, but honest to God, it's so easy.

If you ever played with Lego as a kid, it's basically just as easy as that.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
yea im a total fucking PC retard and i managed to build a nice lil rig. youll be cool simon
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat

FatherTed wrote:

yea im a total fucking retard
Agreed

<3 teds
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
<3 out of karma D:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Don't buy a prebuild

/next 40 replies

We'll set you up with something nice (parts) and lots of us would be willing to give up our expensive time to help you.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
newegg is your friend...
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
You can always pay someone to do it for you you know...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

You can always pay someone to do it for you you know...
Zactly, someone like me $)
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard