Mr.Pieeater
+116|6639|Cherry Pie
When I use the TV guided missles I can only control them for 1 second and then they are stuck in that direction...  Any ideas?  Can't figure it out.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6639|Cherry Pie
Hey Thanks!  I'll go try that out.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6728|Norway
And some feel that if they click too much they lose control, but I guess it's a matter of practice.. Personally I'll click like a mad man and end up missing 9/10 targets

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-04-18 01:19:45)

[BS]_Bone_
+17|6602|USA
double click and it will follow where you want it, you really just have to have a damn good aim at moving targets
flyingsquirrel3
+8|6618
lol actually i tought you had to hold mouse button so thanks that helped me too
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6612|Seattle

Try not to fire the missle until you have it somewhere in the white box. Your success rate will increase.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6700|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i am so sup[rised that people arn't flaming you maybe you guys have turned to the good side...

WTF am I talking about
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6728|Norway
Perhaps because people realize that TV guided isn't the easiest thing to do in BF2..

Especially versus other helis..
[BS]_Bone_
+17|6602|USA
i got killed 5 times in a row on sharqi with a TV guided missle by the same fricken guy, i went WTF then the admin banned him for hacking
DSRTurtle
+56|6701
The tv missles are easier to control at medium and long ranges than at short range.  I hate getting caught by surprise and having to make a snap shot with it because I usually miss when I do.  The amount you have to click and adjust is easier to control over the longer the distance you have.  I've gotten at better at hitting helo's with them.  Almost gotten the jets a couple of times with the tv missles.  . 

Teamspeak is better than VOIP cause you don't have to press a button to talk to the pilot.  It's great if your not in the same squad as well.  Good communication makes the helo a much better weapon than no communication.
Aveitfool
+0|6606|Hawick Scotland

[BS]_Bone_ wrote:

i got killed 5 times in a row on sharqi with a TV guided missle by the same fricken guy, i went WTF then the admin banned him for hacking
Can u get a tv misile hack?
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6654|Olympus Mons, Mars
Most of the time, https://www.unmc.edu/eye/Media/PatsEye.png half 2 click too or moore timez too https://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/images/flame.gif the https://www.aperfectworld.org/clipart/entertainment/television.png-guided https://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/cruise-missile-intro.jpg. In thee end, https://www.unmc.edu/eye/Media/PatsEye.png probably miss.
Note that I used pictures instead of words.

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-04-23 22:00:29)

-=Meshekal=-
+2|6757|United Kingdom
TV'ing is hard, especially after they increased the speed of the missiles in on of the last patches (This I'm 90% sure of).

Anecdote time!  I was on Operation Clean Sweep with some friends and we would get in the Helo, as you do. But we'd get shot down by this bloke in the enemy helo (we were US). He did this repeatedly, to us in the helo's, and on ground, in tanks, APC's, and hell, even when I was flying slow in a plane (that was embarrasing).

The interesting thing about this little story is that he was the only one in the helo. That's right, he was flying it, and when he saw a target, would switch to gunner seat and fire off a missile, and usually kill the target, then quickly get back in the pilot seat before crashing.... I might have to try this :p   While the helo was spinning out of control when he was shooting, it was difficult to hit it with AA or vehicle fire....
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6790|Noizyland

Cheers DP, I didn't actually know that. I just clicked once in the targets direction and hope they didn't move. It worked well enough but knowing this will give me an edge. Sweet!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6635
watch and learn http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=403  btw always try to hit to the side of it not head on usually missle will go through if you hit it head on i have no idea why but it does
khmer
+86|6693|Central California

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

watch and learn http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=403  btw always try to hit to the side of it not head on usually missle will go through if you hit it head on i have no idea why but it does
Now that's a cool movie. I wish that I could do that. Man that guy is good in the chopper. I need to practice more I find that the missles travel really fast. I also find it hard sometimes to get the missle to go where I want it to go because of this speed.
CackNBallz
+45|6758|Toronto, Canada
I am very good with TV missiles.  I can shoot down other attack choppers with ease now and have shot down 13 jets with them.  Communication with the pilot is one of the most important things to have because you have more visibility then he does.

The pilot is also better at seeing infantry because their screen isn't moving all around and the human eye is very sensitive to motion (you are kind of desensitized to that when your point of view is constantly moving while you're gunning.)

I have much better accuracy when they are further off as I can make many more vector corrections then if the target is nearby. If the target is out of your white box area, you will have to rapidly click in their direction to bring the missile to where the target is.  If you have an awesome pilot that puts you in the general direction all the time and you have practised the art of TV guiding missiles you will have mucho respect/hate among your fellow combatants.

It is also very good to have experience both piloting and gunning so you know the nuances of each attack helicopter.  Especially the location of the white box area.  It is much lower on the Havok, than it is on the Z-10 or Super Cobra, which for both of the latter two are more forward facing.  Although the Havok has the anti-matter 20 mm "wah halla buhalla ma walla" cannon that compensates for the lower TV GM position.

Overview: Click less for medium and long range shots to make better vector corrections.
Click out of the box and rapidly for out of the white box targets that are far below, above or laterally.
Lead moving targets and aim to where they are going and not where they are or have been.
Souljah
+42|6683

[BS]_Bone_ wrote:

so just because he killed you 5 times in a row you accused him of hacking? maybe he was just real good?
CackNBallz
+45|6758|Toronto, Canada
Dude you wouldn't like me being on the other team from me then.  You would probably try to get me kicked/banned after the 2nd time with the kind of shots I can make around corners of buildings or under the crane through the construction building and hitting a tank on the other side.

There are people that know how to use TV missiles very well.  Don't go crying about hacking, there are people that are better than you (and better than me of course.)  I can't as of yet fly the chopper myself and go to the gunner position and hit anything very consistently as the helicopter keeps rotating.  The main thing for me is working as a team and supporting the ground troops that are taking flags or being under attack from armour or an attack chopper.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

Tyferra wrote:

Cheers DP, I didn't actually know that. I just clicked once in the targets direction and hope they didn't move. It worked well enough but knowing this will give me an edge. Sweet!
How do you think I was owning you all on Dalian Plant on the Gibson server? You only need to click it once per redirect, and I have found that hitting the tail has a higher kill ratio than straight-on or in the side.  I don't know why, but the missile seems to go through the heli more often when its head on.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-04-24 15:44:59)

=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6858|[GER]_BERLIN

CackNBallz wrote:

Communication with the pilot is one of the most important things[...]

It is also very good to have experience both piloting and gunning so you know the nuances of each attack helicopter.
word!

comunication makes 70% of ur succes rate. thats why i want to say sth here, hope it helps to improve teamwork on servers (and reduce tk's for vehicles):

if ur alone (clan guy or not, private or highr(w)anker) and 2 ppl of the same clan are waiting at the heliport pls let them fly together!! u can be 99% shure there together in the ts an can tell each other were the enemy is and who has to fly somewere or gun down so.

a good pilot is nothing without a good gunner.  most times im doing the pilot (not pritty good for my kd but its more fun ) having a noob gunner with me makes me go like &ยง&$%$/&%$$ !!!!!

its better to have some medium skilled ppl in heli working together then a good and a bad one in there crashing in the next tree wile the gunnes down half of the other team or a pilot wich can fly like hell but gunner is taking notice of all this little creatures on the ground with this funny red tag on there head

ps: im pritty shure tk-rate on publics will never go down

cheers
-Q-

sry @all my victims at this wonderfull day ->

https://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4416/q3rh.th.jpg

EDIT: no im not thee one listed in yellow

Last edited by =|Q-BRT|= (2006-04-24 20:59:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard