SmokeWithGrandma
+0|6801|New York
Hey guys, everytime I play as an engi and I repair a tank I never get a repair point. How does it work to get points through repairing? Do I get them and there is just no pop up thing saying I got the point or am I doing something wrong?

thanks
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
You have to restore the equivalent of 100% damage before getting a point, so if you repair a tank that is 50% damaged, you have to repair it twice to get a point.  Also, you only get points if a teammate is in the tank when you repair.  If you repair your own tank (and no one is in the gunner seat), you don't get any points.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-10-17 05:57:14)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6793|North Lauderdale, FL
this is more evidence of EA/Dice screwing over the engineers.  not only do you not get points for repairing vehicles that are only partially damaged, but you can't drop "repair kits" for hurt vehicles.  if a medic or a support can drop their respective kits and get points (even if the soldier is slightly hurt or only used one clip of ammo), why can't the engineer do the same?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
Yeah, engineers really get screwed!  I have almost 40 hours playing engy, but only have 169 repair points.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6780|Hamburg, Germany
Guess Dice thought of all the Tank W...
if you can repair your tank AND get a lot of repair points from droping r. packs.....
too many points for the enginer class compared to the other classes
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
The problem is that you don't get points for repairing your own tank, so a lot of the repairs you do result in no points.
The Soup Nazi
true, but that shouldn't mean that you get 0 points for repairing someone else's vehicle that's a little bit hurt.  you get points for support or medic when they're not 100% down.

maybe they could do something like revive for the medic class.  you get 2 points for reviving and 1 point for healing.  so as engineer, you should get one point for repairing and 2 points for completely repairing something (like artillery, uav, etc)
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
That would make more sense.  Of course, when was the last time EA did something that made sense?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838
I predict that the vet repair badge will be one of the hardest ones for me to get. >.< I am ABLE to get the expert aswell. I have 100+ hours on it... but I doubt I'll ever get 25 farking repairs.
McGruff
+0|6783

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I predict that the vet repair badge will be one of the hardest ones for me to get. >.< I am ABLE to get the expert aswell. I have 100+ hours on it... but I doubt I'll ever get 25 farking repairs.
I agree, i still cant get 10 points in a round. Even playing on City Maps. The only hope i see in getting my vet repair is being on a 300 ticket server with only 15 people playin on a 64 map. Then you have to have a MEC blowing up your commmanders stuff constantly.  SOO HARD! Props to all of you that have your VET repair.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6846|Cologne, Germany

try songhua or zatar, maps where people drive around in vehicles all the time. then get a jeep or apc and follow them, repairing them on the fly.

Nevertheless, it should be a PITA to get..
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6779|NRW,Germany
I don´t even get my 5 repait points for basic... The most I ever got were 3 points and that round lasted for about an hour... As long as there are still people who need the basic badge there are at least 3 engineers in a round resulting that nobody will get enough points for the badge because as soon as something blows up they all gather at that point repairing the same thing.

I would highly appreaciate a repair pack like the ones medics or support can drop. Even if a tank whore uses it only for himself he wouldn´t get points for it just as medics healing themselfes won´t get any.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6847|Missoula, MT
Even harder after patch...it took a long time before it seems, now even longer?  Where's the motivation to play Engi now?  I agree, the vet/expert repair badges will be a rare sight in the future of this game.
Vert.shadows
+0|6777
I've gotten 11 twice...and I must admit I spent the WHOLE round just repairing

I can't imagine 25, EVEN with someone c4'ing our base 24/7 because you have to go into enemy territory to repair + special ops always camp damaged art to camp supply drops to redestroy anyways ..

I think with repairs...you just don't think about it too much..dont PLAY to get repair points, just play and if you see your team needs repairings on UAV or art. go eng, get 1/2 points a game, that is more reasonable, in order to get the 1000 req for meri medal
pinky_81
+1|6795|Denmark
Who cares about Repair - Everything spawns 5 seconds after you spawned yourself if you can't find a supply crate in time... Ea making the engineer almost obsolete...

The only good thing is he can place land mines - though everybody can remove them very easily... Not much future for engineers
Perhaps the portable Stinger would make them better - or perhaps not...
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6783

McGruff wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I agree, i still cant get 10 points in a round. Even playing on City Maps. The only hope i see in getting my vet repair is being on a 300 ticket server with only 15 people playin on a 64 map. Then you have to have a MEC blowing up your commmanders stuff constantly.  SOO HARD! Props to all of you that have your VET repair.
That's how i did it (16 men/64 map size).  I searched for a server with a low number of people in it and it also took me several rounds to get it.  I would get like 6-7 in a round then the round would end.  It took a spec ops guy on MEC that I would ignore coming into our base and C4ing our assets.  Got it easily once that happened.  I would request supplies on the UAV or Scanner if i saw him moving towards one and I would repair the UAV or Scanner while he got more c4 from the box.  So we went back and forth destroying and healing.  I just wonder if he knew what i was doing or if he thought we were dumb for resuppling him?  I got like 5 before one of my teammates killed him.  From that point it was easy.  It was awesome.  But I can't even imagine 25 pts.
Klonopin
+0|6778
The Vet repair was the hardest badges I have gotten so far.  I got my last week on Dragon Valley playing for USMC.  I would spawn at the docks and just follow the tank and APCs around and pray that someone would go after the command's assets. 

I managed to get 11 repair points.   I am off for the impossible badge, "Veteran Explosives Ordinance".  The last time I had 23 kills IAR was when the command got points for kills.

Last edited by Klonopin (2005-10-17 11:57:20)

VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6850
hello guys'; if its what you looking for'.. i got it ... come bay we reguarly run 64 man size maps' with only a 24 man slot server' " 70.86.24.198 "standard port"
i also figured it blows to be a engi' its to dammed hard "considering" the crapy shoty' and mines ...and he tires to fast to be effective, so we started running strike at karkland 64 size" with 24 man slot server
*DuTcH*
+0|6852
I found 10 repairs easy pld on a 64 player kankand map with 40 players.I just followed the tank and apc in my apc and kept repairing um.Thats the best way but 25 repairs no chance.Ive had 15 in a round but never anywhere near 25 u would need a 16 player server playin 64 size map.Which ive never seen im from the U.K and get terrible pings on USA servers.So i guess i will never get expert repair unless EA drop it 2 15 repairs

https://bf2s.com/player/45043573/awards.jpg
The Soup Nazi

Klonopin wrote:

I managed to get 11 repair points.   I am off for the impossible badge, "Veteran Explosives Ordinance".  The last time I had 23 kills IAR was when the command got points for kills.
i went for my basic explosive ordinance last night.  what i did was find a server with only about 10-15 players, with a limit of 32 players, on a 64 player map.  it just happened to be Dalian Plant.  anyways, i devoted myself to the art of the jihad jeep and drove around constantly looking for enemies to blow up.  only about 10 minutes into the round i had gotten my basic and 30 minutes in i got my veteran.  after that, my enemies seemed to get a little wiser and ran away from me everytime i came speeding up in a buggy/humvee/etc. 

before the round ended, someone on the enemy team decided to initiate a kick-vote against me because they were sick of me putting the jihad on them.

oh- and in case if anyone's going for this badge, this might be useful information:  if you put c4 on your vehicle and ram into your opponent (say a tank, apc, chopper, etc), it credits you with the c4 kill, but it does not count towards the badge unless you actually jump out of and detonate the vehicle.  just an fyi.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6786|Alabama Coast, USA
Yeah... I'm still working on basic badges, just now getting 15h on some kits, but I know what you mean.  Basic heal and basic resupply were pretty easy...   basic repair was a bitch... I kept coming up with 4 repairs before the round ended.  I've gotten better at it, and now have gotten I think as high as 9 repairs in a round.  My hours on kit jumped WAY up tonight because I finally decided to start applying for commander... and so far, except when NO ONE would help defend the MEC base at Kubra Dam, and I'd have to respawn elsewhere, I was engie the whole time.

The worst part is when you see a damaged vehicle, run over too them, and the second you start cranking the wrench is the moment the teammate chooses to bail and finish his trek on foot.  Also... would really help if this kit also had a "Get Repairs Here!" spam, even without a throwable repair bag.  Always see half-blown tanks driving off, and with a gunner they just ignore "I need a pickup!".

But yeah... 1 point for 100% repair, as rare as they come along is just too little...  most players treat their vehicles like disposables (except most who get in aircraft and hilos)...  so if it won't go anymore, they chunk it, rather than try to find an engie.  I imagine most dedicated armor guys who know they're getting a tank, and want to keep it...   they take engie themselves.   Maybe if they'd give maybe 1 point per 50% repaired, plus an extra point if a) you repair a vehicle on fire, keeping it from it's impending explosion, and b) when you online a defunct commander asset.  Three points to take an artie from 0% to 100% may be too much, but c'mon... except the AT mines, they have no unique and useful offence, and no smoke grenade, heavy armor, or self-heal defence...  so you've got to make up the points with their support role.
Adonlude
+2|6784
The mechanics of the repair function seem to be fair and balanced in-game. The problem lies with the stats. Awards relating to repair should be equally as difficult to get as the awards relating to heals or resupplies. EA needs to greately lower the repair requirements and slightly raise the resupply requirements on all awards to make them equal. It would normally be best to change the number of points awarded for repair and resupply actions in-game but since the system is based on single point gains it lacks the precision to be gradually adjusted, therefore the award requirements need to be adjusted.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6761|The Netherlands
someone should be in the vehicle when you repair it to gain repair points. really screwed
Absinthe
+18|6761
I have  a tip for all the engi's out there - i EASILY, and without any effort got my vet repair badge, and while playing on a full, raging 64 players server in Mashtuur City. Just be a USMC engineer, and at the begining of the round make your way to the Black Hawk. Be sure to seat in the belly and not use the BH guns. Point the wrench on the heli body, and press constantly on the mouse. While the BH eats led from the MEC, I easily & quickly earned  the vet badge after like 8 minutes. Total repair points at that particular round ? about 15 (!). The Black Hawk never fell down !

edit

oh, and

fdcp_elmo wrote:

someone should be in the vehicle when you repair it to gain repair points. really screwed
There is a way around that.. When you see a dammaged vehicle, hop in and seat in the back. I dont consider it as padding, because I am repairing a dammaged vehicle that I / some1 from my team could very well be using next. And.. if I DO repair it, why no making some cash on the side..   holllla

Last edited by Absinthe (2005-11-29 12:33:04)

divided
Clear!
+3|6778
I got 26 repair points in a round once.  Incredibly unfortunately, I only had 55 hours of engineer played.  Now I have 80 hours..expert repair is going to be a bitch to get.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard