Benzin
+576|5998
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas … th/?page=1

Go ahead and read that article. Or at the very least, the chart on the first page and post your thoughts.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I want cannabis legalized already
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

I can. I'm much more accepting of the truth when on drugs.
pilebomb
+8|6119
According to chart LSD, ecstasy, and meth are less harmful than pot. Therefore with my preconceived notions of said drugs, pot should not be legalized.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I want to keep pot illegal for the soul reason that it will piss off the assholes who do it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I want to keep pot illegal for the soul reason that it will piss off the assholes who do it.
I just don't want mexicans to make money.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
herb more dangerous than LSD and GHB and MDMA?  Yeah ok.  These scientists are idiots.
Tu Stultus Es
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
lol
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
stupid hippies.. keep up your drug crusade to make pot legal.  It'll happen when women can vote.

oh wait
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

S3v3N wrote:

stupid hippies.. keep up your drug crusade to make pot legal.  It'll happen when women can vote.

oh wait
over 1000 marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles county.
Tu Stultus Es
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
drugs are bad Mmmkay?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
they included khat in this list, because, ya know, Ive ran into so many people trying to beat their khat addictions.

the moge
Tu Stultus Es
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Not really because right now buying it is probably a lot less cheaper than if it was legalised and taxed.

Your opinion is an incorrect one, I'll send you a copy of my book.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

jord wrote:

Not really because right now buying it is probably a lot less cheaper than if it was legalised and taxed.

my friend tells me that the dispensaries could actually be cheaper than illegal dealers.  they offer specials and coupons.  my crazy friend.

and its its taxed by the county.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2009-12-13 12:19:54)

Tu Stultus Es
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

eleven bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

my friend tells me that the dispensaries could actually be cheaper than illegal dealers.  they offer specials and coupons.  my crazy friend.

and its its taxed by the county.
Depends where you are, I know in this country if it was legalised it would be taxed like a Horse.

I'm not particularly bothered on legalisation either way. It's not like any drug is hard to get, even if you know literally no one that sells it within the day you could find out.

Meh, legalise something fun, like a fucking cannon, yeeeeah
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

pilebomb wrote:

According to chart LSD, ecstasy, and meth are less harmful than pot. Therefore with my preconceived notions of said drugs, pot should not be legalized.
You do realize "meth" is part of a chemical prefix and methylphenidate is not methamphetamine, right?
pilebomb
+8|6119

DesertFox- wrote:

pilebomb wrote:

You do realize "meth" is part of a chemical prefix and methylphenidate is not methamphetamine, right?
Oh ok. According to chart LSD, ecstasy, and meth GHB are less harmful than pot. Therefore with my preconceived notions of said drugs, pot should not be legalized.
Benzin
+576|5998
The article is also referring to the mass amount of health problems and healthcare problems all those drugs cause. I think alcohol and tobacco are more of a drain on society than LSD.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

pilebomb wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

pilebomb wrote:

Oh ok. According to chart LSD, ecstasy, and meth GHB are less harmful than pot. Therefore with my preconceived notions of said drugs, pot should not be legalized.
yes if you read, it is not all solely medical based
pilebomb
+8|6119

jsnipy wrote:

yes if you read, it is not all solely medical based
I'm going off of....

CapnNismo wrote:

Or at the very least, the chart on the first page and post your thoughts.
Anyone can make a stupid fucking chart and put in arbitrary numbers to say what they want it to say. The only reason it has any credence is cause they're scientists.

That said I did read it while watching my bears lose again and all I can say is it's a typical "pot isn't that bad" article while pointing at tobacco and alcohol being legal. Same major points as always. That said, I agree it should be legalized so assholes that smoke pot have to pay the same stupid taxes that I do on my beer.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

https://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2009/12/11/drugs_chart__1260545046_6752.jpg
I would like to see the actual report rather than take these numbers at face value.
BVC
+325|6695
Lumping all amphetamines together is a bit strange, eccys and meth are quite different in terms of harm/health and effects.  Also, caffeine should be on that chart.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

Macbeth wrote:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Thir … 6_6752.jpg
I would like to see the actual report rather than take these numbers at face value.
You asked for it
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

DesertFox- wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You asked for it
Wish I didn't need an account to view the article.

I'm just a bit skeptical since how they rate the drugs on a scale of 0-3 for society harm, physical harm, and dependency.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Macbeth wrote:

i'm batting .850 . it's a wonder i've lived to tell . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard