I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6138|Scotland!
Tried the tweak to turn your gun muzzle flash off?

I experimented with it a while ago and in singleplayer it has no effect on fps, and with pb off, but in multiplayer games with pb on fps drops every time a grenade explodes, because it takes that effect away, its weird

check if your gun flashes when you shoot, if not that might be your problem.
M4rine
I can count to Potatoe
+2|5358

mtb0minime wrote:

Maybe the PB checking your game/HDD is what's slowing you down. You can change the rate that it checks your computer.

(From here)
PunkBuster Refresh Rate

Punkbuster is checking your PC every 20 sec. for cheats etc., which canmake your game lag. You can adjust the time between checks by simply opening the console ingame.

1. Open Console
   2. type pb_sleep(space) 500 and hit enter
   3. type pb_writecfg and hit enter again

Now Punkbuster will check your pc every 500 seconds instead of every 20 seconds. Dont go higher then 500 because it wont be excepted.
So changing that will probably just delay your problem and not actually solve it, but it's the best I can come up with
Also try "pb_security 0" (Without the quotations ofc)
CC-Marley
+407|6835

M4rine wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Maybe the PB checking your game/HDD is what's slowing you down. You can change the rate that it checks your computer.

(From here)
PunkBuster Refresh Rate

Punkbuster is checking your PC every 20 sec. for cheats etc., which canmake your game lag. You can adjust the time between checks by simply opening the console ingame.

1. Open Console
   2. type pb_sleep(space) 500 and hit enter
   3. type pb_writecfg and hit enter again

Now Punkbuster will check your pc every 500 seconds instead of every 20 seconds. Dont go higher then 500 because it wont be excepted.
So changing that will probably just delay your problem and not actually solve it, but it's the best I can come up with
Also try "pb_security 0" (Without the quotations ofc)
Isn't that for playing on older servers or something like that..
M4rine
I can count to Potatoe
+2|5358
Idk, i just found my game to run smoother with it.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA

signa wrote:

I noticed the framerate issue doesn't happen in singleplayer, so I did some testing.

PB doesn't run in singleplayer, so I turned off PB (in bf2 menu) and joined a non-ranked, non-PB server and my framerates were great. then I turned PB back on, and joined a ranked+PB server and my framerates were still great, although not 100%.  I was able to play for a couple hours until the problem started happening again.

so it seems this is a PB problem.
well this theory failed also.  joined a non-pb server and played for a while, same problem.

also tried pb_sleep and security and those didn't make a difference.
found some other threads about same problem and doing a network adapter disable/enable - that didnt work.

Im out of ideas here. 
M4rine
I can count to Potatoe
+2|5358
Uninstall all video card drive.

Take out the video card. Make sure you had it in all the way, dust, etc.

Then re-install it.

Possibly not big enough PSU? idk, just kind of spit ballin ideas.
Acme1234
+62|6115|Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like your gfx is overheating. Maybe try pulling it out and blowing all the dust out of it.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6472
No expert here - but sounds like Windows 7 is a common theme here.....not that it solves your problem - any other W7 users having the problem??
signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA

M4rine wrote:

Uninstall all video card drive.
Take out the video card. Make sure you had it in all the way, dust, etc.
Then re-install it.
Possibly not big enough PSU? idk, just kind of spit ballin ideas.
When i swap back to my old raptor drive running vista ultimate x64, BF2 framerates are fine.  Also I've ran this hardware with XP, XPx64, and vista ultimate x64. no problems.

Acme1234 wrote:

Sounds like your gfx is overheating. Maybe try pulling it out and blowing all the dust out of it.
Temps were in my original post, one of the first things I checked.  "I monitored max temps in bf2:  cpu: 45c, gpu 65c."
temps are good.

{UK-US}Scotty wrote:

No expert here - but sounds like Windows 7 is a common theme here.....not that it solves your problem - any other W7 users having the problem??
OP is having the same problem.  Plus if you google 'windows 7 bf2 framerate' you will get a few matches with the exact same problem in some of the bf2 / ea forums.

thx for the replies tho.

Last edited by signa (2009-12-15 16:08:10)

jack99
+0|5250
Hi..
did u manage to solve your problem..
i am also encountering the same issues...single player is ok
but when i go into mulitplayer...there seems to be frame drop..
the scenerio i get is...when i move to the right for example...once my mouse stop...the crosshair will go back left about 3-4 clicks..
making it very jerky...
i create local...and join local...same issues..
i have 2 pcs...going thru the same router and adsl modem

the system which is ok is:
Q6600+Asus mobo + win 7 (32bit) + bf2 + 4870 gfx card + 500GB seagate hdd.

the system which is not ok is:
Q9550+MSI P45 mobo + win 7 (32bit) +bf2 + 4890 gfx card + 2x WD 640GB striped RAID 0

i used to be able to play on my system..i do not what change caused the lag
i have even tried to reinstall in XP....no use...same problem.
initially i thought it was the raid 0...but i unstripe it...still same problem.
i have swapped the 4870 to the system which was not able to run....no use...
btw...both are using their own CD KEY.

I have reinstalled many times...and with gfx and sound card drivers...no use...

i conclude...the problem must be either the PB or my MSI motherboard ethernet driver...bec i can play single player
i don't think this is an issue with Win 7 and BF2 anymore
my problem surfaced like 3 weeks ago...just the about the same time as the thread starter...
if there any kind souls who knows any solution...pls post here...thanks
signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA
hi.  No progress yet. I'm still having the problem.
Are you by chance running dual monitors?  that's one area I haven't researched yet.
Interesting you mentioned ethernet drivers.  I found a couple of threads (1, 2) discussing similar issues.  I can run my same machine / setup from my older vista x64 drive and it runs great, leading me to believe this is a win7, pb, or driver issue.
jack99
+0|5250
Hi Signa,
yes...i am using dual lcd...I will try later by pulling out one of the dvi cables.
i will also try to disable and enable the ethernet as shown in the 2 url you posted.

i am using the dlink DIR-855 router...i really do not think it is my router setting as my other pc has no issues.
i have even tried to use the same IP.

btw..i took a video of my issue
is yours the same? if u notice...the crosshair will move back a few step after you stop your mouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6UsABseEec

another difference is this non working pc is using G15 keyboard and G9x mouse...
the working one is using normal ps2 keyboard and G5 mouse.

i have updated my 4890 to the latest driver...which is catalyst 9-12.
the motherboard which has issues in the 2 url are P35 chipsets.
mine is P45...let me go try ....
thanks for your help!!!!

btw...did u try to reload XP?
i tried using XP...it doesn't work as well

Last edited by jack99 (2009-12-23 03:52:29)

signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA

jack99 wrote:

btw..i took a video of my issue
is yours the same? if u notice...the crosshair will move back a few step after you stop your mouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6UsABseEec
nope, not the same.  My problem is framerates start out at about 85% of what they should be, then start slowly dropping until they get to about 30-40 fps and very laggy.  my fps should be well over 200.
rpg711
+1|5232
I have the same exact problems as OP and signa, here's a discription.
I play on my 23 inch monitor, 8x aa, all maxed and the FPS is consistently 100(I believe there is some limitation).
first, I would like to note that text and things look REALLY weird in the 1920x1080 setting.

My OS is windows 7 RC2 X64
Graphics Card is a 4890, temps don't go over 45C
Processor is an i7 920
Ram is 6gb @ 1600mhz

Latest drivers and patch 1.50

Stability is not an issue, although I overclock everything(except ram), I can run Prime95/OCCT/LinX for days without any problems.

This does not happen in any other games, not to mention I can play Crysis perfectly fine at great fps.

Discription of problem:
During the first round, the FPS will start off at around 100(never over, I believe there is a cap or something), then, throughout the round, it will slowly drop to around 50. Then, by the next round, though FRAPS/Xfire still reports that I have 45-50 fps, the gameplay becomes so choppy that you cannot even accurately shoot or pilot a jet anymore. This has me stumped, I don't experience this with any other games but this one.

Jack99's problem seems like an input device problem.

Perhaps we should elevate this to EA support?
rpg711
+1|5232
Just to update, I elevated the problem to EA support and will see if they give a satisfactory answer.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA

rpg711 wrote:

...During the first round, the FPS will start off at around 100(never over, I believe there is a cap or something)...
BF2 locks the max FPS at 100.  you can unlock this in game by going into your bf2 console ("~"  key) and typing:

game.lockfps0

and to display FPS in game use:

renderer.drawFps1
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6138|Scotland!

signa wrote:

rpg711 wrote:

...During the first round, the FPS will start off at around 100(never over, I believe there is a cap or something)...
BF2 locks the max FPS at 100.  you can unlock this in game by going into your bf2 console ("~"  key) and typing:

game.lockfps0

renderer.drawFps1
game.lockfps 0

renderer.drawfps 1
rpg711
+1|5232

I'm Jamesey wrote:

signa wrote:

rpg711 wrote:

game.lockfps0

renderer.drawFps1
game.lockfps 0

renderer.drawfps 1
That's not the problem. The diminishing FPS is. I use fraps/xfire to get my FPS readings.

To update this problem...
I didn't expect nor recieve any useful help from EA.

What do they pay these support employees? They need to finance Computers 101 for these guys, honestly he doesn't even say anything useful and probably just copy pasted the entire conversation from their bank of "professional" responses.

Idiot EA support wrote:

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts customer support.

In order to assist you with this issue I would request you or visit the visit the following link:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=23529

To make compatible window 7 to the Tiger wood PGA tour 08 follow the given steps.

1. Right click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation program.

2. Click on Properties.

3. Click on the Compatibility tab.

NOTE: If the Compatiblity options are grayed out, then it is a 64 bit program and cannot be changed.

4. To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode -

NOTE: Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

A) Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.

B) Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.

NOTE: Always pick the latest Windows version the program was written for to have a better chance of it running properly in Windows

5. To Change the Settings for a Program -

A) Check or uncheck the settings you want for the program.

6. To Change the Privilege Level of a Program -

NOTE: Runs the program as an administrator. Some programs require administrator privileges to run properly. If you are not currently logged on as an administrator, this option is not available.

A) Check or uncheck the Run this program as an administrator box to enable or disable this option.

7. To Change All of These Settings Above for All Users -

NOTE: Lets you choose settings that will apply to all users on this computer.

A) Click on the Change settings for all users button.

B) Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 in this window to apply them to all users on the computer.

C) Click on OK.

8. Click on OK to apply the changes.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,
Richard
EA Online Support
Should I press on? This guy is clinically retarded, it's obviously not a computer related problem, it's a serious incompatability issue.
rpg711
+1|5232
Ok, cuprit found:
XFIRE

Close it and it should be good, that's if you have it running.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6735|Michigan, USA

rpg711 wrote:

Ok, cuprit found:
XFIRE

Unfortunately, doesn't fix the OP's and my problem.  we tried closing that before.

Here is some of the stuff that has been tried:

all compatibility modes.
different video drivers, including betas.
changing affinity to one core.
closing all non-essential programs.
disabling aero.
disabling antivirus.
bf2 alt-tab fix.
changing pagefile size.
full manual uninstall and reinstall.
re-installing PB & services.
tried different settings in nvidia control panel.
disabling physx.
changing pb_sleep and security.
bf2: different video quality configurations

I think my next step is to try different dx9 versions. (if possible)
rpg711
+1|5232

signa wrote:

rpg711 wrote:

Ok, cuprit found:
XFIRE

Unfortunately, doesn't fix the OP's and my problem.  we tried closing that before.

Here is some of the stuff that has been tried:

all compatibility modes.
different video drivers, including betas.
changing affinity to one core.
closing all non-essential programs.
disabling aero.
disabling antivirus.
bf2 alt-tab fix.
changing pagefile size.
full manual uninstall and reinstall.
re-installing PB & services.
tried different settings in nvidia control panel.
disabling physx.
changing pb_sleep and security.
bf2: different video quality configurations

I think my next step is to try different dx9 versions. (if possible)
Interesting, but my problem is quite possibly induced by a 3 way incompatability: XFire-BF2-Windows 7
Also, I happen to be the only one with this problem who has an ATI card, so perhaps that had something to do with it. In any case, disabling the ingame overlay for X-Fire fixed it for me.
I wish you luck in finding the answer, too bad it didn't work for you!

Last edited by rpg711 (2010-01-29 12:06:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard