sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591
Currently I use a basic Dell mouse that came with my computer. Does having a 'gaming mouse' make much difference? If it does make a difference, what difference(s) does having such a mouse make?
RudeBwoySoldier
+0|6722
I upgraded from a Razor Boomslang 2000 for the Razor Cooperhead in tempest blue, with a Razor eXactMat and have never looked back. It's got the highest DPi for an optical gaming mouse and IMO is the best gaming mouse out there. It will make a hugh improvement to your accuracy and is sooo much nicer to play with. Use the rougher side of the mousemat though the slippery side is to slippery (you'll see what i mean). 100% worth the money.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Gaming_Mice.html
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/mousemats.html

Last edited by RudeBwoySoldier (2006-04-17 01:19:40)

XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6629|Tasmania
Logitech G5. DPI switch for twitch gunning to sniping, and independent weight-tray for precision control.

Now all I need is a decent mat.

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-17 01:29:50)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

My vote is for a Razer.

Basically the logitech mice are too large for my hands since they stopped making mice with the mx300 bodies. The Razer Diamondback/Copperhead are both lower profile and fit my hand much better.

I would go to a store that carries both Razer and Logitech mice and get a feel for them before deciding.
millhous
+39|6637|OREEGONE, USA
Anyone suffer from power problems with their Razer Diamondbacks?  Every once and a while my mouse won't power up.  I just disconnect then reconnect it back into the USB port and it works again.  I remember reading about this problem a while back.  Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. 

This minor annoyance has happend with 2 different computers using the same mouse.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6709|Germany
I switched from "normal" mouse to the G5 just a few weeks ago, and it´s amazing !
Especially the in-game dpi switch is a very nice feature. Totally worth the money.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591
words of one syllable gentlemen (and ladies!)!

dpi switch? what's dpi?

independent weight tray?
HellHead
+336|6709|Germany

sidneysmut wrote:

words of one syllable gentlemen (and ladies!)!

dpi switch? what's dpi?

independent weight tray?
Dpi means "dots per inch"... Well, the simplest explanation referring to a mouse :

The more dpi a mouse can read with the optical sensor or laser, the more sensitive it is. With the G5 you have the possibilty of changing your dpi reading rate while in the game, means while sniping you can choose a very low dpi resolution so your mouse will not react to so fast, makes sniping (aiming) very precice. For flying you can change it to a very high resolution to have faster and quicker reaction.

The G5 has a weight tray delivered with it, so you insert little weights into the mouse, according to your personal taste and style of playing.

EDIT : Damnit ! I´ve got beaten by 7 seconds !

Last edited by HellHead (2006-04-17 03:08:00)

cmotdibbler
+19|6666|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Your explanation was better so deleted mine..

Last edited by cmotdibbler (2006-04-17 03:14:30)

HellHead
+336|6709|Germany

cmotdibbler wrote:

Your explanation was better so deleted mine..
*taking my hat off* That´s how a real gentleman speaks... Serious kudos to you.
flyingsquirrel3
+8|6603
Logitech G5 i dont have 1 but i've tried it it's perfect.
And if you want a less expensive mouse take the logitech MX518 that's what i have.

As a side note i strongly suggest the Logitech G15 Gaming KEyboard it's what i got and it rocks.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany
Razer Copperhead all the way!!

It's beautiful in blue as it is perfect in terms of precision.
birdman69
+11|6756|Toronto, Canada
GET THE  G5!!!  Thats what I use.  Being able to switch the dpi on the fly is an invaluable tool in BF2.  This mouse is freaking amazing.  I've tried tons of mice for gaming, but the G5 is above and beyond anything else i've ever tried.
RudeBwoySoldier
+0|6722

millhous wrote:

Anyone suffer from power problems with their Razer Diamondbacks?  Every once and a while my mouse won't power up.  I just disconnect then reconnect it back into the USB port and it works again.  I remember reading about this problem a while back.  Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. 

This minor annoyance has happend with 2 different computers using the same mouse.
Get the same thing thing with my Cooperhead, when I first start up. Just have to replug it everytime I restart my PC, which is rare. But I think it's just an issue with me unclicking a startup item in msconfig (possibly razerhid.exe). Apart from that my mouse stays on constantly.
RudeBwoySoldier
+0|6722
Forgot to mention, I think the Cooperhead has a simular function of the G5 where you can change the sensitivity on the fly, only it does it in a different manner. Think it's the acceleration settings, whereby the slower you move your mouse the less sensitive it becomes, which my friend tells me is good for sniping. Not really sure cos I haven't enabled the acceleration settings or played arround with these settings (find sniping is presice enough with-out having accelartion enabled).
Sambuccashake
+126|6610|Sweden

HellHead wrote:

I switched from "normal" mouse to the G5 just a few weeks ago, and it´s amazing !
Especially the in-game dpi switch is a very nice feature. Totally worth the money.
Same here!

Finally I don't have to swing away like a maniac while capping flags in armor.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591
Thanks peeps for the advice. I will go to a shop and have a look at the Copperhead and G5 and see which one I like.  Take care.
Reaper2325
+2|6723|New Hartford, New York
I have a Razor Copperhead and can't stand the thing. The DPI switching is cool though. I mainly use my Microsoft Optical Trackball.

Trackball's are so much easier  for me to use to fly heli's and planes with, and no mouse pad required :smile: . Too bad it seems like everyone is moving away from this type of mouse. It'd be nice if someone made a 1600DPI laser gaming trackball.

Last edited by Reaper2325 (2006-04-18 05:28:00)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I'm probably the only one here who uses a regular run-of-the-mill ball mouse. Came with my dinosaur of a white and purple Compaq shit-machine.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BudRell
+2|6837|Home
G5 is the mouse !
Independent x- and y-axle dpi adjustment...max. 2000dpi.
No need to say more.

Last edited by BudRell (2006-04-18 10:47:00)

I.C.F.
+2|6643
AixiA
+1|6585|Spain
What about the wireless Logitech G7? Anyone has tried it? Any wireless latency problems?
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591

I.C.F. wrote:

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product.php?productid=18628

da bollox
Looks and sounds good, but it also looks big. I've got little hands (although I am 2@, nearer thirty though -
:-( - and six foot!) so any probs with the size?
BudRell
+2|6837|Home

AixiA wrote:

What about the wireless Logitech G7? Anyone has tried it? Any wireless latency problems?
It's a great mouse. No latency probs. Basically same mouse as G5...only wireless.
I.C.F.
+2|6643

sidneysmut wrote:

I.C.F. wrote:

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product.php?productid=18628

da bollox
Looks and sounds good, but it also looks big. I've got little hands (although I am 2@, nearer thirty though -
:-( - and six foot!) so any probs with the size?
my son has got 1 hes 14 its perfect

Last edited by I.C.F. (2006-04-19 01:36:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard