mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6686

I was already overpowered to begin with, but that stealth suit is pretty cool. I never bothered using stealth in the game, but now I'm gonna start acting like a ninja. Now if only there was a way to dual wield the flaming sword and the shock sword
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5515|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I just had a question.  Is it worth it to download mods for this game?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6420|New York
I just wish this game would stop freezing on me every half hour to an hour.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
jsnipy
+3,276|6554|...

heggs wrote:

on console or pc
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6420|New York

jsnipy wrote:

heggs wrote:

on console or pc
PC. I've tried like 3 things already and have seen marginal improvements. Sadly, I can't return it for something else.

I've got a good pc now, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. AMD x3 720, 4 gb ram, ATI 4850 on Vista ultimate.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6569|Long Island, New York
I haven't heard a thing about Fallout: New Vegas. Disappointing.

Maybe at the VGAs?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6773|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

I haven't heard a thing about Fallout: New Vegas. Disappointing.

Maybe at the VGAs?
lol...

VGAs...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
HaiBai
Can someone help me?  I'll be randomly playing Fallout 3, when my mouse and keyboard randomly stop responding.  The game keeps going, and I can still alt + tab and use task manager and etc, so my keyboard and mouse are still working.  But in game, I have no control over anything.  So, if I was walking to the left when the game stopped receiving mouse and keyboard input, I'll keep walking left in the game.  Then I have to end the process with task manager.  Any ideas? 
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6221|Canada

Looked around a bit and came up with these ideas,

- Latest FO3 patch?
- Launch the game directly from the .exe file in the fallout directory (this fixed it for someone apparently)
- Disable any mods you may have

Hope this helps.
HaiBai

Phatmatt wrote:

Looked around a bit and came up with these ideas,

- Latest FO3 patch?
- Launch the game directly from the .exe file in the fallout directory (this fixed it for someone apparently)
- Disable any mods you may have

Hope this helps.
I have patch 1.7.  I'll try launching the game from the .exe.  I don't have any mods, but I do have all the expansion packs.  Would that affect it?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6221|Canada

I doubt it, could always disable them and try?
Tr0n.
+7|6010|Seattle/Ellensburg, WA
https://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/adarimont/ScreenShot57.jpg?t=1259869645

https://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/adarimont/ScreenShot61.jpg?t=1259869735
HaiBai

Phatmatt wrote:

I doubt it, could always disable them and try?
Yeah, I tried it, and it didn't work.  Any other ideas?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6221|Canada

Not really no, I know that you're not alone with this problem.  It just happens out of nowhere.  Last resort would be reinstall, hopefully that would work. Don't forget to make a backup of your save file

Edit:  Just thought about this, try starting a new game. Maybe somehow your save file got corrupt?  Make a backup of your current save file cause I think it will overwrite it, I don't know better be safe than sorry.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the game. As a last resort..

Last edited by Phatmatt (2009-12-03 20:20:25)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
All 5 DLCs are 50% off on XBL today. For the amount of content they all add, $25 is well worth it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6773|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

All 5 DLCs are 50% off on XBL today. For the amount of content they all add, $25 is well worth it.
GotY edition is availiable on steam for 37.50
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6686

I don't suppose this is going on for Games For Windows Live as well? (I've got the PC version, still have 3 DLC packs left to buy)
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5820|Catherine Black
You mean download.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5796|Belgium
Hmm, I played this a while ago.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Didn't this game end near some kind of reactor, and going in ended the game?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6221|Canada

yea, only if you didn't have Broken Steel installed. With BS the game doesn't end.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Instead of dieing in the reactor chamber thingy, you pass out from the radiation and wake up at the citadel

But you must install BS before the last mission.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5796|Belgium
I have enough saves anyway, so np. I'm just not sure if I want to install and play this game again
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6380|Belfast
I ordered the GOTY edition off Amazon a few days ago, I should get it by tomorrow. Anyway, does anyone want to give me some advice? This is the first time I've even tried Fallout, and to be honest, the immense scale of the game seems daunting.

Last edited by henno13 (2009-12-30 07:10:56)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL

henno13 wrote:

I ordered the GOTY edition off Amazon a few days ago, I should get it by tomorrow. Anyway, does anyone want to give me some advice? This is the first time I've even tried Fallout, and to be honest, the immense scale of the game seems daunting.
level up your repair and small guns skills first, they'll be by far the most useful
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

henno13 wrote:

You'll be fine. I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2 before playing Fallout 3 and it's one of my favorite games of all time.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6221|Canada

Poseidon wrote:

henno13 wrote:

You'll be fine. I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2 before playing Fallout 3 and it's one of my favorite games of all time.
This. Talking of which, I need to reinstall this and Borderlands.

Last edited by Phatmatt (2009-12-30 10:28:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard