mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

oug wrote:

From what I understand out of all this, some people who have a tendency for this kind of thing might be influenced by weed. So I suggest you go see a doc asap.
Exactly. OP must've been like this beforehand, and the massive high he got simply unlocked/unburied these feelings.

Go see a therapist and talk about it. Suicide is not something you overcome on your own.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

mtb0minime wrote:

oug wrote:

From what I understand out of all this, some people who have a tendency for this kind of thing might be influenced by weed. So I suggest you go see a doc asap.
Exactly. OP must've been like this beforehand, and the massive high he got simply unlocked/unburied these feelings.

Go see a therapist and talk about it. Suicide is not something you overcome on your own.
Well it depends, just ask amdi peter.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6593|Toronto-Canada
get professional help.
lay off the drug for a while
find something to do to take your mind off bad things.
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills

lxcpikiman wrote:

get professional help.
lay off the drug for a while
find something to do to take your mind off bad things.
Exactly what I am doing, or trying to do atleast.  I doubt I will ever smoke weed again or at least not for a long time.  In one of my panic attacks I went outside burnt my weed and smashed my pieces.  I was actually scared of that shit in my messed up state of mind.

I believe this was all caused by my move to college.  Living with people I can't totally trust and smoking a lot of very strong weed just mind fucked me.

Going to the psychiatrist tomorrow morning, hopefully she will help me out.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-02 11:18:41)

jord
So like, how much is this psychiatrist charging? I'll give you better advice at an affordable rate for these hard economic times.

Having smoked it before and given advice before I think I'm qualified.
Wreckognize
+294|6483
How old are you?
Any history of mental disorders in the family?
Marijuana can trigger mental disorders in certain people.
jord
Yep but if you can't afford it and it's going to drain your pocket putting you at risk of Depression then think it through. I know what Americans are like with Therapy, billion dollar industry innit
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

jord wrote:

Yep but if you can't afford it and it's going to drain your pocket putting you at risk of Depression then think it through. I know what Americans are like with Therapy, billion dollar industry innit
how's that any different from private therapy in the uk?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord

Uzique wrote:

jord wrote:

how's that any different from private therapy in the uk?
I'm saying Americans are very quick to go into therapy at $100+ an hour sessions with problems that can arguably be solved by talking to someone and getting some free advice.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
and how is that different from british trends?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6774
Common especially after you smoke a shitload....give it 2 weeks and you'll deffiently be out of it, no doubt in my mind.  I call it "dream mode"..nothing to worry about, just your brain reacting to so much weed.
jord

Uzique wrote:

Maybe the cultural differences of where I'm from and America and where you're from and America are different then, that's not a dig though on either place. People here just rarely go into therapy I guess.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

jord wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Maybe the cultural differences of where I'm from and America and where you're from and America are different then, that's not a dig though on either place. People here just rarely go into therapy I guess.
It depends on your social class mostly. For some reason, our middle and upper classes have deemed trips to therapy to be normal. It used to be just bored housewives who wanted valium that went. Now it's become part of the culture that if you have issues you should seek counseling. Marriage problems? Go to a marriage therapist. Low self esteem? Go see a therapist. I think it's mostly a crock of shit. The psychiatric world has created a billion dollar industry providing a 'need' that for some reason never existed before Freud. It's preying on the weak and nothing more.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It depends on your social class mostly. For some reason, our middle and upper classes have deemed trips to therapy to be normal. It used to be just bored housewives who wanted valium that went. Now it's become part of the culture that if you have issues you should seek counseling. Marriage problems? Go to a marriage therapist. Low self esteem? Go see a therapist. I think it's mostly a crock of shit. The psychiatric world has created a billion dollar industry providing a 'need' that for some reason never existed before Freud. It's preying on the weak and nothing more.
Ya I thought as much and many Americans feel the same as you. I guess if you're not going to therapy then you aint one of the cool kids.
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills

jord wrote:

So like, how much is this psychiatrist charging? I'll give you better advice at an affordable rate for these hard economic times.

Having smoked it before and given advice before I think I'm qualified.
Its free through my university health center, not a bad deal.  I might get some anti anxiety/depression meds out of it too which will hopefully be of help.  I would still appreciate advise from a person with real life experience still.

Btw, I'm 18, first semester at university.  Really bad timing, because of this I failed an exam and have not been able to do any fucking work.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-02 13:35:32)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
I always thought weed was pretty much harmless...

People who smoke potent skunk are more at risk of psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia than those who use other types of cannabis, scientists suspect.
According to new research, regular users double their risk of psychosis but heavy skunk users increase theirs seven-fold.
UK experts have a theory it is down to skunk's composition - it contains more of the chemical that gets users stoned.

The work is published in British Journal of Psychiatry.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8386344.stm

Go to a Doctor
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Yours just buggin, calm down, everyone loves you, and give it a little while before you light up again and start off incrementally, don't go smoking an quarter right away.
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills

Dilbert_X wrote:

People who smoke potent skunk are more at risk of psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia than those who use other types of cannabis, scientists suspect.
According to new research, regular users double their risk of psychosis but heavy skunk users increase theirs seven-fold.
UK experts have a theory it is down to skunk's composition - it contains more of the chemical that gets users stoned.

Go to a Doctor
I knew it caused laziness and overall made you a less clear minded person but I never expected it to cause psychosis ect.  I was ignorant and I payed the price.  I gotta stop analyzing myself on this forum, only makes it worse...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Sorry to hear that, I guess you learned the hard way.
smoking a lot of very strong weed just mind fucked me
Its certainly happened to a few people I've known.

Stop using, go to a Doctor, maybe it'll work out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Wreckognize
+294|6483
spec how long have you been smoking marijuana and how often do you smoke?

Dilbert_X wrote:

Go to a Doctor
Please tell me you're trollin'.
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills
I've been smoking for the past two years, mostly in highschool just on weekends.  Now that I'm going to school at UVM, pretty huge pot smoking school I've been smoking most days, probly 5-6 times a week.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-02 15:59:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/facepalm.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills
I exaggerated how much so I changed it.  Still a good amount more than I used to.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-02 16:00:19)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

specops10-4 wrote:

I've been smoking for the past two years, mostly in highschool just on weekends.  Now that I'm going to school at UVM, pretty huge pot smoking school I've been smoking most days, probly 5-6 times a week.
Keep the appointment with the doctor. You have what i had, but more severe. The world i saw was bubbly and movie-like. Like things were scripted. White-light like in large supermarkets and garages often times triggered the spells. However, when i would get my mind on something it would go away. Like you said however, when i came to a stop and had a chance to 'think' it would happen again.

The best advice i can give you is dont acknowledge that you are seeing the world any differently than you used to. I know its very hard but the sooner you come to peace with it, the sooner it will go away. Know for a fact that you will not experience this for the rest of your life.

Counting helped me sometimes also. Things like doubling numbers... 2 4 8 16 24 48 96
15 more years! 15 more years!
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6218|Phoenix, AZ
I think nobody is a hard stoner in here besides me

Look man, you smoked hella weed, you got REALLLY fucked up, and after that you were faded

Being faded is something that will occasionally happen, in the last year its happened twice. After a long smoking session or repeat bowl hits you feel the effects the next day, you cant pay attention, everything is fuzzy, you feel somewhat high still or at least the being stupid effects of being high... Like I said it's uncommon and weird

I remember when i first started smoking, about 3 months later I felt I was pretty used to being high and on my shit, I'd toke up with my buddies like every other day for an hour... Anyway i got some nice purples and we got a grape swisher sweet and rolled a nice blunt and hotboxed it. Mann I was SOO high, cars were freaking me out I was scared shitless, when we turned I could feel my brain being squished in my skull. I had my friend drop me off a mile from my house because I couldnt handle being in a car anymore and I sat on the curb at the gas station freakin out and I finally got up and staggered home. Dont remember what happened after that - it was kind of like an anxiety attack, which I used to have when i was  a kid maybe thats it

But bottom line, that crazy highness happened after like a .7 blunt and a few bong hits and I've smoked WAY more in sessions and that shit never happened, and then once I was faded for  4 days and the other like 6... Just dont smoke weed when your faded, it's good practice.. and it goes away homie

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard