( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Keating was always the best.

“Because I want to do you slow!"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I am already bored with Australian politics.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/11/25/the … o-spreads/

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beats American politics.

Ours has comedy value.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Flecco wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beats American politics.

Ours has comedy value.
Taiwanese politics has a mix of comedy and MMA.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Flecco wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beats American politics.

Ours has comedy value.
But so little happens, its all the same issues over and over, by the time anyone gets round to doing anything its time for another election.

There are serious things to address, climate change, water, broadband network to start with and we're still waiting on backroom bickering.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Vids pls.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beats American politics.

Ours has comedy value.
But so little happens, its all the same issues over and over, by the time anyone gets round to doing anything its time for another election.

There are serious things to address, climate change, water, broadband network to start with and we're still waiting on backroom bickering.
That's normal under a Labour Govt.

As opposed to the Libs who rush into things, often with very little thought or discussion on potential ramifications beyond the immediate future. The Liberal Party is like the John Rambo of politics. Firing from the hip, never mind what the public actually thinks of something at the time. (GST, Work Choices, shoddy handling of illegal immigrants, Iraq War commitments, AWB)

Last edited by Flecco (2009-11-29 05:23:51)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

Flecco wrote:

Tbh Question Time for the house of reps has some of the best insults I've ever heard thrown around.

Often very glib, subtle and witty. Always entertaining.
Lol, I saw some of question time last week. Was drinking with my bro, and we somehow ended up watching Question Time for the Senate. My bro said "Hey, it's Penny Wong.. minister for lesbian affairs".

The senate was fucking boring. Mhaybbe I should go see the QT for the House of Reps..
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Yeah, most often QT in the House of Reps is pretty slow but in a good week there will be blood flying.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Steve Fielding says he has held a Family First partyroom meeting to discuss with “me, myself and I” the possibility of wooing climate change sceptics to his party. “We’re going to discuss accepting disinfected (sic) members from Labor and Liberal whether they want to join Family First,” Fielding said.
Sic, indeed.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

lmao Fielding is a nutcase.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
The ABC understands Opposition treasury spokesman Joe Hockey will challenge Malcolm Turnbull for the Liberal leadership if the party's MPs are given a "free vote" on the emissions trading scheme (ETS).

That would give the Government the numbers it requires to get the bill through the Upper House, despite the deep split in the Coalition over the issue.

Mr Hockey is on the record as having supported the amended ETS deal being voted on in the Senate.
Big news this. Hockey will get the job, Rudd will get his ETS on time.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
Serious question:

Would any ossie on here vote for Joe Hockey?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

BN wrote:

Serious question:

Yes.

Just as I'd vote for Turnbull.

Probably wouldn't have voted for Downer or Abbott though.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Abbott's still running.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Fuck him. Good minister/shadow-minister.

Not a good leader.

Btw I wouldn't have voted for Nelson. Would have voted for Brough.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Before you start shit about the intervention how about some of you visit Lajamanu, Ski Beach, Rammo or Port Keats.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-11-30 02:32:40)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland

BN wrote:

Serious question:

Not me, but that shouldnt come as a suprise.

When Turnbull gets thrown out tomorrow, it will raise some interesting questions about what will happen to his  Seat of Wentworth. After the treatment he has been given i cant see him hanging around on the backbench. So he would either resign or go independant. If he resigns there may be a chance the libs lose his seat in a byelection. Wentworth used to be a very safe seat for them.  This just keeps getting better!

The govt could introduce compulsory dog raping legislation at the moment and no one would notice.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland

Flecco wrote:

That's normal under a Labour Govt.

As opposed to the Libs who rush into things, often with very little thought or discussion on potential ramifications beyond the immediate future. The Liberal Party is like the John Rambo of politics. Firing from the hip, never mind what the public actually thinks of something at the time. (GST, Work Choices, shoddy handling of illegal immigrants, Iraq War commitments, AWB)
Remember that the current govt has to get legislation through a hostile senate. Everything it puts up gets bogged down and stalled by the opposition. The liberal govt owned the senate when it was in power ( for the later years anyway) so they had the opportunity to do whatever they liked. I am sure more would get done if Labor had a senate majority, but I dont think anyone really wants that ( Labor stooges excluded).
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Yeah but at the moment people like Barnaby Joyce have too much power because there vote is so important.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Tbh politics of my own country doesn't even bother me. I just play games, work, and drink.. I'll be back in 3 years when I can be bothered caring who does what. Just don't fuck with my internets and i'll be fine.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah but at the moment people like Stephen Fielding have too much power because there vote is so important.
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah but at the moment people like Barnaby Joyce have too much power because there vote is so important.
Yeah, a few loonies are holding govt policy to ransome. I will be interested to see what happens in the election next year. The Nationals may take a big hit, but the country folk seem to like them, so I think we are stuck with some of them for a while. Fielding is all but gone though ( thats if his senate seat is up for election).
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Burwhale wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah, a few loonies are holding govt policy to ransome. I will be interested to see what happens in the election next year. The Nationals may take a big hit, but the country folk seem to like them, so I think we are stuck with some of them for a while. Fielding is all but gone though ( thats if his senate seat is up for election).
It is, either way. He was dead after the alcopops farce.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland
For any non aussies that can be bothered following this thread. Let me introduce Steve Fielding.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard