SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
I just upgraded my OS system from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 32 bit. I have a NVIDIA 7800 pro graphics card that i installed the latest drivers for after my upgrade. Now for some reason after i try to login to BF2 I get a pixlated screen on the login section of the game.

Is there a fix for this? do i need to reinstall the game after my windows 7 upgrade? is there a new patch that fixes this prob?

Any help at all is greatly appriciated.
hintakaari
+113|5946
lol
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6557|CH/BR - in UK

lol.... you're kidding, right?
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
Well if you dont know the answer it would seem you just post to waste others time or simply have nothing better to do.
If I was going to kid around I wouldnt have posted.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
adjust the resolution
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654

Wallpaper wrote:

adjust the resolution
That was the first thing I did...in the game and out of it. Still nodda. inside the game all seems well but the login area itself is all scrambled.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6557|CH/BR - in UK

SWAT_Gunzz wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

adjust the resolution
That was the first thing I did...in the game and out of it. Still nodda. inside the game all seems well but the login area itself is all scrambled.
That's what it looks like, isn't it? Doesn't it have an intentional pixellation?

-kon
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Take a screenshot, Im not sure what youre talking about. Do you mean the background video or the actual menu?
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
Okay...here is the image of my login screen... https://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2909496

it is not the normal pixilation that would be there at login. I am also getting this within the game but not as much. I reinstalled the latest patch for bf2 and also the latest drivers for my video card...still nodda.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Fix your link br0
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
yah sorry...just view it here...  http://kerhaerts.com/bf2login.jpg
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Thats really fucked up. It ONLY happens on the login, not any of the other menus?

Try reinstalling BF2, or using older drivers
rdx-fx
+955|6598
BF2 is a picky bitch about install order.

BF2
BF2:SF
patch 1.41
patch 1.50
directx alt-tab fix patch
punkbuster update patch.

and WHQL drivers for your video card.

alternatively, if it's just an issue with the login screen, there is a way to auto login with startup option flags.
Something along the lines of;
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +nosplash +szx 1920 +szy 1080 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +PlayerName <yournamehere> +PlayerPassword <yourpasswordhere> +restart

see http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html for more info.
The key bits are the +PlayerName and +PlayerPassword sections
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
No...not just login screen but also in the game itself, though not as bad. Thanks for all the ideas and perhaps I will uninstall and reinstall the game along with the patches.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Sounds like your GPU might be overheating or dying. Check the temps and blow out any dust in your computer if the reinstall doesnt help
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654

Wallpaper wrote:

Sounds like your GPU might be overheating or dying. Check the temps and blow out any dust in your computer if the reinstall doesnt help
Nah thats not my prob for sure...I can run multi programs with no probs and it only started doing this right after my windows 7 upgrade.
the only prob I have is in BF2.
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
Well for whatever reason I removed the game and reinstalled it from scratch along with all the patches and all is working good now. Somewhere along the line the windows 7 upgrade farked things up a tas and perhaps corrupted a file. but I just wanted to thank you all for trying anyhow.
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6669|Washington

SWAT_Gunzz wrote:

yah sorry...just view it here...  http://kerhaerts.com/bf2login.jpg
That wouldn't be the SyncMaster T260HD would it?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5795|Catherine Black
Multiple programs are no strain on a GPU. Download Furmark, run that, see if it happens. Try other games, also.

7800 is a POS, I wouldn't be at all surprised it's dying. You have a nice monitor, marry it with a nice graphics card too. Try the nVidia GTX 260 or ATi 5770.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
Not sure what the monitor is but yes it works great. my vid card is awesome though. When new I paid close to 400.00 for it and still to this day i load faster than anyone while getting into the BF2 games...never any lag and graphics are perfect. reloading the game fixed my prob. so good to go. But thank you all none the less for all the help. You were great!
CC-Marley
+407|6836
Agood Vid card helps you load faster?
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
Does for me...I play with a local group of friends in bf2 and always had the same PC. Always would load up last at a map change by like 30 seconds. Now I'm in the map and on my way about 15 seconds before everyone else. my only change was the vid card.
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
[ SCORE: 1125 o3Marks ] - Time: 60000 ms  Max GPU Temp: 98°C   Resolution: 1024x768 (FS) - MSAA: 4X    FPS: min=13  max=27  avg=19

Finray wrote:

Multiple programs are no strain on a GPU. Download Furmark, run that, see if it happens. Try other games, also.

7800 is a POS, I wouldn't be at all surprised it's dying. You have a nice monitor, marry it with a nice graphics card too. Try the nVidia GTX 260 or ATi 5770.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.
No...just no. Upgrading from a FX5200 to a GTX295 will make you load exactly 0 sec faster.

RAM and hard drive speed (and the CPU) are the only factors when it comes to loading speed, video card isn't doing a thing when loading.

Your problem looks like a borked video card, do you get the same problems in other games?

Also, upgrades are bad...BAD. Fresh install is always the way to go IMO. Reinstall your nvidia drivers, reinstalling the game probably won't do anything.

edit: Did you have any artifacting on the donut? And 98°C is HOT, even for a 7 series card. Try cleaning out the video card heatsink, might be full of dust.

Last edited by Sydney (2009-12-10 17:21:23)

SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6654
well Im sure its my card that loads quicker. i swapped my card out about 3 months ago to test another card (rad 9800) and loaded with two friends...I got in over 40 seconds after them. swapped back after 3 trys and beat them all by over 25 seconds.

And no...my card is working fine. the reload of the game fixed all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard