rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
Ok, I'm contemplating on getting one of these phones on contract. Which from these 2 is best?

The Hero is a android phone and is £25 a month (cheapest with phone free, 24 month contract), whilst Touch 2 is a windows 6.5 phone and is £20 £15 a month (cheapest with phone cost of £30, 24 month contract).

So, which one?

Last edited by rammunition (2009-11-27 09:04:21)

Benzin
+576|6000
Hero
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
G1 Hero
EE (hats
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
Do elaborate guys.

I can now get the HTC Touch 2 for £15 a month with more minutes and unlimited texts. More tempted by this.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

The Hero runs on Android, which is 1000000000x better than Windows Mobile. It's snappier, easier to use, nicer to use and has a better touch screen.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

I initially hated the Hero, but having used a friend of mines phone, it's fucking awesome. Really well built, and Android kicks ass. Not sure about how comfortable that kink will be in your pocket, but it's very comfortable in your hand.
Benzin
+576|6000
My HTC Magic has a very similar "chin" on the bottom of the phone, but it came with a small leather pouch to put it in and that smooths the entire form of the phone out when it's in my pocket. The HTC Dream (aka G1) also came with a similar pouch so I doubt that the Hero doesn't have one. The chin shouldn't bother you at all, though. It's certainly more angular than the Magic or the Dream, but it looks great. A guy at my uni I talked to had one on the desk while we were talking and I couldn't take my eyes off it.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

CapnNismo wrote:

My HTC Magic has a very similar "chin" on the bottom of the phone, but it came with a small leather pouch to put it in and that smooths the entire form of the phone out when it's in my pocket. The HTC Dream (aka G1) also came with a similar pouch so I doubt that the Hero doesn't have one. The chin shouldn't bother you at all, though. It's certainly more angular than the Magic or the Dream, but it looks great. A guy at my uni I talked to had one on the desk while we were talking and I couldn't take my eyes off it.
Yea, my G1 came with a sleeve, and really, i don't notice the 'chin' at all- it fits my hand really well, even in landscape.
EE (hats
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
Cool. One thing thats holding me back from the hero is the price. Im looking for £20 a month max with the phone free.

What I dislike about the HTC Touch 2 is that it doesn't support multi touch and apparently windows mobile 6.5 isn't good. But its well cheaper.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
just found the hero for £20 a month
Benzin
+576|6000
Well seems like you have run out of excuses. Go buy and make pics.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla
Hero would be the better option out of the 2
Have you considered the HTC HD2? Even though it might be out of your price range it is technically wise the best phone out atm as its the first phone to be using the snapdragon processor.

edit:
The only downside besides the price is the size of the thing... still

Last edited by loonitic (2009-11-27 11:45:13)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

loonitic wrote:

Hero would be the better option out of the 2
Have you considered the HTC HD2? Even though it might be out of your price range it is technically wise the best phone out atm as its the first phone to be using the snapdragon processor.

edit:
The only downside besides the price is the size of the thing... still
That's fucking gorgeous. Shame about WinMob though.
Benzin
+576|6000
It would be nice to see WinMo 7 really take off and kick ass like Android, but idk... Android is gonna be one tough OS to beat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard