Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5533|Iron Gater
So I picked up BF2 the other day and thought "its been ahwile", so I fired it up, joined a server, and my game freezes and then I get sent back to the menu saying "you have lost connection to the server" or some bullshit like that, so I join another, same message, and another, same deal, and I cant seem to stay in a server longer than 60 seconds before my connection kicks out. I just manually updated punkbuster, but that didnt do shit. After doing some digging in previous threads with my same problem, I think I need to reinstall the patch. My real question is, if its possible or nessessary, do I need to uninstall 1.5 first before repatching? Or is this even my problem?...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6736|Reality
if you reinstall you need to patch to 1.41 and then the 1.5. You need both or rather 1.5 needs 1.41. In any case you need both. and check PB after you reinstall
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5533|Iron Gater
Reinstall the whole game? BF2 will automatically patch to 1.41 durring the install right? o.O +1

Last edited by Morbid_Hunger (2009-11-25 23:15:46)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6736|Reality

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Reinstall the whole game? BF2 will automatically patch to 1.41 [during] the install right? o.O +1
i guess it depends when you bought the game. my version is 1.0 when i bought it oh so long ago. the copies in stores now must be 1.41.

the version number of your game appears in the upper right corner of your BFHQ screen
1.41 is 1.1.2965-797.0
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5533|Iron Gater

Stubbee wrote:

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Reinstall the whole game? BF2 will automatically patch to 1.41 [during] the install right? o.O +1
i guess it depends when you bought the game. my version is 1.0 when i bought it oh so long ago. the copies in stores now must be 1.41.

the version number of your game appears in the upper right corner of your BFHQ screen
1.41 is 1.1.2965-797.0
>< Mine doesnt display those numbers, but I bought bf2 within the last year. Ive got the dvd bundle. Anyways, I guess ill start download 1.41 now thanks for the info ^^
QuickBird Driver
+1|5309|Colorado
I had a problem with lost connections, but I don't think they were that quick to happen.  I fixed mine by updating the CPU bios because the multicore AMD CPU's had a problem with negative pings.  Here is the thread I learned about that.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=62928

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard