RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US
I also recommend watching The Fog of War.  It is an interesting documentary mostly from MacNamara's point of view.  It deals with many topics, Vietnam being the main one.  It is a bit one-sided, as most sources are.

(Note) US aircraft had access to KC-135 tankers.  They could theoretically hit anywhere on the globe.  It was just a matter of ensuring the safety of the tankers and timing refueling.  Many strike aircraft going in and out of North Vietnam refueled three times or more.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-04-14 15:10:14)

Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6622|Mexifornia, USA
There's no such thing as Vietnam, sillies!

section9
+9|6840|USA

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

I completely disagree with the statement that the armed forces where disgraced in the vietnam conflict.  We had the power, the manning, and the drive to finish the job but politicians stopped the machine.  Our soldiers had to deal with things that most of you have never dreamed of.  The worst thing that happened was all the peace loving, flower wearing bastards spitting on our boys when they came home.  That, my friends, is the true disgrace of the American People.
I agree That they were scapegoated but to scapegoat the hippies? Like the CIA never wore any disguises....
They did whatever it took to shift the blame.
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA
im guessing u are a hippy
looking at ur sig and they comments u make
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Capt. Foley wrote:

im guessing u are a hippy
looking at ur sig and they comments u make
That's real smart of you.

I could as easily say you are a retarded, stuck-up 12 year old American, judging by the comments you make.

But I won't.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard