Banned
+5,830|6630

looks nice. hows it work?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6445

burnzz wrote:

A little birdie told me you push buttons and stuff happens on the screen.
CrazeD
+368|6806|Maine

burnzz wrote:

It runs very nice. Runs all my games without any problems, and does everything that I need it to.

I tried but couldn't find anything better in the price range.

EDIT: And it was also my first real experience with Windows 7, besides installing it on VMware and saying "oh, cool".

It takes a while to get used to but it's quite nice once you do. Much better than Vista.

Last edited by CrazeD (2009-11-22 17:25:37)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6977|Reykjavík, Iceland.

max wrote:

cable management is overrated.
This, if anything, cable management makes maintenance of your computer harder, because by tucking those cables to the back, you make it a bitch to work with them.

My rule of thumb: If it's not restricting airflow, just leave it messy.
CrazeD
+368|6806|Maine

Sydney wrote:

max wrote:

This, if anything, cable management makes maintenance of your computer harder, because by tucking those cables to the back, you make it a bitch to work with them.
You ain't shittin' there. I just barely got the side of my Antec 1200 on because there's so many wires stuffed behind the mobo tray. I have to take my front fans out and clean the filters but that means opening that side back up, and I don't want to do that

Last edited by CrazeD (2009-11-22 17:27:16)

__M@ver1ck__
+2|5423
This week I wasnt planning to buy *any* tech for once. However on Sunday the girlfriend tipped an entire mug of tea into my Logitech G15 keyboard. This caused 3 things:

1) I tried to quickly dissasemble and repair the G15, before the tea did its evil work. Alas, to no avail the conductive membrane was already stuck together once id gotten in there, and I couldnt save it.

2) Her new Ugg boots are now in the garden.

and..

3) I took delivery of this yesterday: http://txdaily.co.za/wp-content/uploads … board1.jpg

- re the cablemanagement issue being discussed above, I need to find an answer to this too - everything that used to simply be USB now appears to be USB + Power, so now not only have I filled every USB slot provided by the Antec 1200 / Striker 2 Extreme, but ive also got two 6 way plug extensions completely full under the desk and i have to unplug something (printer, laptop power) to plug my joystick when i need it. It looks like cable armageddon under there, I dread moving house and having to set it all up again !.

R.

Last edited by __M@ver1ck__ (2009-11-24 02:13:42)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5921|Catherine Black
https://imagechan.com/img/images/gay%20test.jpeg

I'm gonna take a pic of mine in a minute.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6330|Winland

Finray wrote:

http://imagechan.com/img/images/gay%20test.jpeg

That picture is older than the Internet itself.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

And dell is only slightly less gay than apple.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5921|Catherine Black

Sydney wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

And dell is only slightly less gay than apple.
Still, my point stands. >_>
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
baggs
+732|6338

__M@ver1ck__ wrote:

This week I wasnt planning to buy *any* tech for once. However on Sunday the girlfriend tipped an entire mug of tea into my Logitech G15 keyboard. This caused 3 things:

1) I tried to quickly dissasemble and repair the G15, before the tea did its evil work. Alas, to no avail the conductive membrane was already stuck together once id gotten in there, and I couldnt save it.

and..

3) I took delivery of this yesterday: http://txdaily.co.za/wp-content/uploads … board1.jpg

- re the cablemanagement issue being discussed above, I need to find an answer to this too - everything that used to simply be USB now appears to be USB + Power, so now not only have I filled every USB slot provided by the Antec 1200 / Striker 2 Extreme, but ive also got two 6 way plug extensions completely full under the desk and i have to unplug something (printer, laptop power) to plug my joystick when i need it. It looks like cable armageddon under there, I dread moving house and having to set it all up again !.

R.
One thing i detest about plugging in some peripheral devices to a PC is that it usually requires around 12v to run it, why they fuck must i plug in endless rows of 240v transformer plugs.

I'd like to see a better solution, maybe a single 240v transformer with an array of sockets to plug in 12v devices. Even if you bought it and had to modify the plugs yourself, i'd still buy it.
Benzin
+576|6132

Sydney wrote:

max wrote:

Yea, but the problem is that TV. It looks like shit. I mean, how often are you gonna mess around with the cables in your home entertainment center? I have all my stuff hidden about as well as I can. Once you put it there, it ain't moving and you don't have to do cleaning maintenance like with a PC tower.
__M@ver1ck__
+2|5423

baggs wrote:

__M@ver1ck__ wrote:

and..

R.
One thing i detest about plugging in some peripheral devices to a PC is that it usually requires around 12v to run it, why they fuck must i plug in endless rows of 240v transformer plugs.

I'd like to see a better solution, maybe a single 240v transformer with an array of sockets to plug in 12v devices. Even if you bought it and had to modify the plugs yourself, i'd still buy it.
Thats a bloody good idea. I guess the reason we havent seen such a thing commercially available yet is that in this day and age if you attempt to turn on a light switch it requires certification from a reigistered electrician that your finger is safe to press the button. I dont think a manufacturer could suggest a product that involved *we* the great unwashed modifying plugs and power cables (despite it actually being simpler than kicking someone up the arse to physically do). If there was a way to get around the plug / cable modding required, id think seriously about that as a product to try and market (i cant carry on doing ERP software development forever, its boring me shitless) - look at the toys we buy on a daily basis costing ten times what this might sell for and its a damn good idea..... hmmm.

R.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6330|Winland

baggs wrote:

__M@ver1ck__ wrote:

and..

R.

It wouldn't work. If there was a standard for low-voltage electronics' supply voltage, they would still have to ship the adapters with them for the people without a power supply for multiple devices. That means that you'd have to buy your own on top of it all, and a powerful regulator can become somewhat pricey, probably around $50-$100 for a fairly powerful one.

If you feel experimental, you can take an old computer power supply and hook up stuff to it. It has both 24, 12, 5 and 3.3V outlets.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
baggs
+732|6338
https://www.lge.com/uk/tv-audio-video/images/lg-tv-lcd-32LH5000-3_4view-01_large.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6356|Escea

We're getting a new 37-inch Sony W somat-or-other for the living room. Taken my dad about three years to decide which one he wanted to get.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

CapnNismo wrote:

Sydney wrote:

max wrote:

Yea, but the problem is that TV. It looks like shit. I mean, how often are you gonna mess around with the cables in your home entertainment center? I have all my stuff hidden about as well as I can. Once you put it there, it ain't moving and you don't have to do cleaning maintenance like with a PC tower.
I can understand it for that reason, but I'm messing with my cables a lot in my PC and cable management just makes the job harder.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6587|The Twilight Zone

Sydney wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Sydney wrote:

I can understand it for that reason, but I'm messing with my cables a lot in my PC and cable management just makes the job harder.
You could just put some snow over the cables and cable management issues resolved.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Wallpaper
+303|6127|The pool
Refurbished Samsung T220
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6701|NYC / Hamburg

https://sneakysnowman.com/pictures/26.11.09.Digitec.png

Pics when I pick 'em in a couple of hours
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6330|Winland

max wrote:

http://sneakysnowman.com/pictures/26.11.09.Digitec.png

Pics when I pick 'em in a couple of hours
WÄRMELEITPASTE

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-11-25 21:32:11)

Benzin
+576|6132
You bought FIVE video cards??? What is wrong with you? Mail one to Austria?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6547|Finland

So now you got an excuse to get a new PC too?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
baggs
+732|6338

M.O.A.B wrote:

We're getting a new 37-inch Sony W somat-or-other for the living room. Taken my dad about three years to decide which one he wanted to get.
W-series are stunning TV's, if i could afford one, it's what i would buy.
Benzin
+576|6132

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

So now you got an excuse to get a new PC too?
Looks like he's gonna use the GPUs to make a quad-SLi folding machine and the 5th for maybe another HTPC?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard