Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Question, on the right hand side of the screen below beta there is an arrow pointing down.  What is it for?
Free buttsecks.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Ladies... BF:BC2 Beta for PC is coming out in December.

The game is FANTASTIC on the PS3, so I can't even imagine how good it's going to be on the PC.

There is only one niggle I have with the game - Sniping is a hell of a lot of fun, but if you know how to do it properly, it's too easy. Why? Because if you're trying to spot a sniper and you're a sniper... all you have to do is scope in and aim around the area where you think the sniper is (obviously, you can't see him) and then just hit SELECT. He will pop up on your screen because you've spotted him. The spotting method is great, but defeats the purpose of sniping properly. Anywho, I nail around 25 kills and 6 deaths every round, so it's totally worth the pwnage.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Zimmer wrote:

The game is FANTASTIC on the PS3, so I can't even imagine how good it's going to be on the PC.

There is only one niggle I have with the game - Sniping is a hell of a lot of fun, but if you know how to do it properly, it's too easy. Why? Because if you're trying to spot a sniper and you're a sniper... all you have to do is scope in and aim around the area where you think the sniper is (obviously, you can't see him) and then just hit SELECT. He will pop up on your screen because you've spotted him. The spotting method is great, but defeats the purpose of sniping properly. Anywho, I nail around 25 kills and 6 deaths every round, so it's totally worth the pwnage.
Is that any different than spamming q+left mouse around the hill where you think a sniper is in BF2?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Sydney wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Is that any different than spamming q+left mouse around the hill where you think a sniper is in BF2?
Very.

Your whole screen is the spotted area. And you only need to press it once to spot EVERYTHING in your FOV.

I haven't been this hyped about a game since HL2.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Shit I didn't even know about the spotting. Sniping is easy though, why do you think 50% of the team are always snipers. There's no fun in sniping though. I only ever use it for the recon ball radar UAV thingies to help others out when defending a crate.

Otherwise I'm usually one of the more useful kits like Engineer or Medic. At least they got rid of the Laser designator for Snipers. That was the main reason I quit BC1, Snipers were way overpowered and could deal with anything, infantry, tanks, you name it. Now they've been slightly castrated, you got alot of faggots complaining on the EA Forums about it, what is everyone's obsession with the Sniper kit. Just in general, on all games. It's such a faggot class.

And Zimmer, the way you described spotting, is exactly like how it is in BF2.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545

Sydney wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Question, on the right hand side of the screen below beta there is an arrow pointing down.  What is it for?
Free buttsecks.
Love google.  Just googled my question and this is the first link

[Battlefield: Bad Company 2] Announced - BF2S Forums
4 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 18 minutes ago
Question, on the right hand side of the screen below beta there is an arrow pointing down. What is it for? Free buttsecks. ...
CutSad
Banned
+2|5269|Connecticut

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Free buttsecks.
Love google.  Just googled my question and this is the first link

[Battlefield: Bad Company 2] Announced - BF2S Forums
4 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 18 minutes ago
Question, on the right hand side of the screen below beta there is an arrow pointing down. What is it for? Free buttsecks. ...
Hahaha. Yeah Google!
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545
Google confirms Sydney's answer
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Anyone notice that if you destroy a tank with C4 but also end up kiling yourself you're given a nice "Epic Fail" on the screen.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Shit I didn't even know about the spotting. Sniping is easy though, why do you think 50% of the team are always snipers. There's no fun in sniping though. I only ever use it for the recon ball radar UAV thingies to help others out when defending a crate.

Otherwise I'm usually one of the more useful kits like Engineer or Medic. At least they got rid of the Laser designator for Snipers. That was the main reason I quit BC1, Snipers were way overpowered and could deal with anything, infantry, tanks, you name it. Now they've been slightly castrated, you got alot of faggots complaining on the EA Forums about it, what is everyone's obsession with the Sniper kit. Just in general, on all games. It's such a faggot class.

This is why I think this game is so awesome. Everything is just perfectly balanced.

Actually, I disagree there. Most of my games comprised of engineers and assault teams with very few snipers... Granted, they didn't like me constantly raping them, but still...

I find it more common to find a hell of a lot of engineers around than snipers.

It's a good class if you use it properly to help your team. I reside in the rocky areas and spot shit for my squad and they go take it out, whilst I do critical hits on running enemies to they can kill them more easily. It's a very useful class if working in a squad - as well as the fact that the squad can spawn on your hidden location and be closer to the enemy.

Quickly switching from your rifle to your pistol after nailing a critical hit and finishing the guy off is so satisfying. Although getting defibbed is not.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Pc Beta December 9th
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6203

Varegg wrote:

Pc Beta December 9th
where would one sign up for it?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Pc Beta December 9th
I think it's going to be open beta.
CutSad
Banned
+2|5269|Connecticut

Zimmer wrote:

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Pc Beta December 9th
Where did you hear about the beta? I'm so pumped for this game
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

For now it's only signup for the PS3 beta, but if you check this link every other day you will get signup info for the PC version soon ...

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

CutSad wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

baggs wrote:

Where did you hear about the beta? I'm so pumped for this game
Kotaku. One sec....

http://kotaku.com/5398997/heres-what-yo … layer-beta

Yeah

PC players get an open beta in December
CutSad
Banned
+2|5269|Connecticut

Zimmer wrote:

Kotaku. One sec....

http://kotaku.com/5398997/heres-what-yo … layer-beta

Yeah

PC players get an open beta in December
Niiice. And thanks Varegg, I'll keep checking
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK

Mekstizzle wrote:

No, like Zimmer said your WHOLE screen will show where the enemies are. If I remember correctly it is a little orange triangle for infantry and obviously a tank icon for a tank, etc.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545

TravisC555 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No, like Zimmer said your WHOLE screen will show where the enemies are. If I remember correctly it is a little orange triangle for infantry and obviously a tank icon for a tank, etc.
BF2 spotting mini map
BC2 spotting mini map & on screen
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh right, they've toned down the on-screen markers though compared to BC1 and especially 1943. There's less wallhack going on. Ideally they'd get rid of on-screen spotting markers yeah. Maybe for the PC version, maybe not for the console version as it's abit harder to see in general, I guess. Something like that.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Zimmer wrote:

Quickly switching from your rifle to your pistol after nailing a critical hit and finishing the guy off is so satisfying. Although getting defibbed is not.
Cool.  Feels like BF2 sniping.

Hopefully PC FOV is better though.  Feels like everything is too close-up...

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-11-23 08:56:56)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Scratch[USA] wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

BF2 spotting mini map
BC2 spotting mini map & on screen
But with BC2 you need to maintain a line of sight with the guy for him to stay spotted, so it's harder to spot someone, but the benefits of spotting have increased.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm glad they got rid of the designator too and replaced it with something much more appropriate called the radio to call mortar strikes which the support class had in bc1. I do like that the new UAV laser designates targets though, it is much better that way than with the sniper and loads of fun.

Last edited by War Man (2009-11-23 12:23:29)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

I have been playing too much mw2 to be keeping an eye on this.

Is it closer to BC or BF2 this new game?

As in, do you get any squads, commanders?  Or is it basically a big TDM?
GullyFoyle
+25|5385
To learn what BFCB2 is all about, you could read all of HaiBai's excellent updates, or you can see a summary Here, all in one place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard