Poll

Who would you kill if you could go back in time?

Hitler53%53% - 14
The creators of the nuclear bomb0%0% - 0
Christopher Colombus46%46% - 12
Total: 26
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
You can only go back once, who would you kill. Now killing this person/people will have the effect that is desired and no one else will stand in there place.

Hitler = no final solution

The creators of the nuclear bomb = No nuclear bombs..

Christopher Colombus = An Native American America..

Null vote = other..

Also say why?

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-11-23 11:55:06)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Arguably all 3 would have been replaced and history would have stayed very similar. Nuke would have always been made and America would have always been discovered. A mass execution would probably have happened too.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Does it have to be one of those 3?
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Naa I put Null vote = other
I wantted to change it but I was too late..

Yeah I wrote the changes..
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Karl Marx
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Hitler. We would have found and ravaged the Americas and developed nuclear weapons eventually. I'd be interested to see what today would be like if someone iced baby JC in his manger.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-23 12:07:48)

jord

CameronPoe wrote:

Hitler. We would have found and ravaged the Americas and developed nuclear weapons eventually. I'd be interested to see what today would be like if someone iced baby JC in his manger.
The remainder (and more intelligent part) of the Nazi party still believed in what they believed, and so did many Germans at that time. Perhaps the holocaust made people wake up at that time and prevented a mega holocaust, 10 times the scale.

Who knows. It's a pretty big thing to change.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CameronPoe wrote:

We'd all be Muslims, Jews or worshiping a Celtic or Roman god.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't know how long a pantheon of Gods would last. I suppose Hinduism is polytheistic though...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-23 12:11:42)

cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
I did state that the holocost wouldn't have happened, and I wonder how much Hitler really had to do with that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I did state that the holocost wouldn't have happened, and I wonder how much Hitler really had to do with that?
erm, he was the driving force? Granted, his ideas weren't new or anything but there are very few people in history that could match his charisma. His personal charisma is what allowed him to do the things he did.
-Frederick Bastiat
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5958|Mountain Dew
Adam Weishaupt

Illuminati fuck.

Last edited by TehTacoKing (2009-11-23 12:27:47)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Islam features Jesus as it's second most important prophet after Mohummed.

So you can probably take them off the list.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Flecco wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Islam features Jesus as it's second most important prophet after Mohummed.

So you can probably take them off the list.
Doesn't mean the religion wouldn't exist if he wasn't born. Just... different.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Hitler, Stalin, Columbus, Mao, Idi Amin, Baby and Papa Doc Duvalier, Pinochet, Franco, Suharto etc etc.
jord
Who invented Hockey?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hitler, Stalin, Columbus, Mao, Idi Amin, Baby and Papa Doc Duvalier, Pinochet, Franco, Suharto etc etc.
Why is Columbus on that list?
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Cause the dude was a bastard who played a significant role in wiping out the native American population while searching for riches and fame.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Cause the dude was a bastard who played a significant role in wiping out the native American population for riches and fame.
Really? So you're saying that if a different man discovered America the results would've been markedly different? I mean Jamestown wasn't founded for another 130 years and Indians were still suceptible to European diseases and still fighting with bows and arrows vs firearms.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-11-23 12:38:47)

-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Cause the dude was a bastard who played a significant role in wiping out the native American population for riches and fame.
Really? So you're saying that if a different man discovered America the results would've been markedly different? I mean Jamestown wasn't founded for another 130 years and Indians were still suceptible to European diseases and still fighting with bows and arrows vs firearms.
Where did I say that?  It is what it is - he initially brought the disease and paved the way for the implementation of the "white man's burden" policy in the Americas.

The Arawak population was already devastated by the time Jamestown was founded.  I think the number was something like 3 million Arawaks wiped out due to disease and warfare in the few decades after Columbus' first visit.  Can't remember the exact numbers.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Where did I say that?  It is what it is - he initially brought the disease and paved the way for the implementation of the "white man's burden" policy in the Americas.

The Arawak population was already devastated by the time Jamestown was founded.  I think the number was something like 3 million Arawaks wiped out due to disease and warfare in the few decades after Columbus' first visit.  Can't remember the exact numbers.
So does it really matter who the person was that discovered America? Is there really any reason to revile the man? I'm thankful that he found the place. I like where I live.
-Frederick Bastiat
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Ronald Reagan.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

So does it really matter who the person was that discovered America? Is there really any reason to revile the man? I'm thankful that he found the place. I like where I live.
But he didn't find it, there where already people here. Also haven't the Nores(spl) been coming back and forth to this country for a way longer time..

Imagine what American would be like today if we didn't find this country till much later? I've always wondered, cause they seemed alot more in tune with nature.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Sydney wrote:

Ronald Reagan.
But then Stalin would have won! Or something. Plus then all the conservatives would lose their wanking material.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

cpt.fass1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

But he didn't find it, there where already people here. Also haven't the Nores(spl) been coming back and forth to this country for a way longer time..

Imagine what American would be like today if we didn't find this country till much later? I've always wondered, cause they seemed alot more in tune with nature.
Want an example of what would have happened if they'd found North America 200 years later?

Look right this way.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
It turns into a god-awful shitfight where neither side will give concessions.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard