Benzin
+576|5968
One of my favorite menu options in the Android Settings section is the button that lets you install third-party apps that are NOT in the Android Market. No need to jail-break it and risk bricking it. Just press that button to allow it and you're done. You can root the phone's OS to add other features (rooting means hacking the kernel), but with Android 2.0 out, it's just a matter of waiting for all the new sexy features.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I actually really like the look and style of the Sence UI tbh..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Benzin
+576|5968

Jenspm wrote:

I actually really like the look and style of the Sence UI tbh..
So do I. The only problem is that it isn't supported officially by Android and for every Android OS update, HTC has to make sure it doesn't break the Sense UI. My only real complaint with it is that.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I see.

I've actually turned to liking the Galaxy now...

192mb ram instead of the rumored 128, brilliant screen, seems more responsive and quick (?), "core" android...

Any reason to not get it this evening?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Benzin
+576|5968
Not that I can honestly think of. Go for it!!!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Jenspm wrote:

192mb ram instead of the rumored 128, brilliant screen, seems more responsive and quick
Suddenly, it's 1992, and we're talking about computers!
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Finray wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

192mb ram instead of the rumored 128, brilliant screen, seems more responsive and quick
Right .. todays smart phone is more powerful than your old sparkomatic
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Finray wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

in 1993 i bought a 486 dx2 with 1 Mb ram. i upgraded to 4 Mb ram for $120. which was cheaper than the 14.4 modem i bought for $139.

burnzz wrote:

Finray wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

in 1993 i bought a 486 dx2 with 1 Mb ram. i upgraded to 4 Mb ram for $120. which was cheaper than the 14.4 modem i bought for $139.
You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

One of my favorite menu options in the Android Settings section is the button that lets you install third-party apps that are NOT in the Android Market. No need to jail-break it and risk bricking it. Just press that button to allow it and you're done. You can root the phone's OS to add other features (rooting means hacking the kernel), but with Android 2.0 out, it's just a matter of waiting for all the new sexy features.
I was just using my sisters and I didn't see that button... hmm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

burnzz wrote:

Finray wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

My Dad used to work on mainframes. When he first started working on disk drives a 300 megabyte drive was bigger than the size of a dishwasher and it weighed about 500 lbs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Kmarion wrote:

Finray wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Right .. todays smart phone is more powerful than your old sparkomatic
That's what I was saying Kmar
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Kmarion wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

have fun buddy.  motorola phones are absolute shit, especially with battery life.
Really.. I have no problem with the razor I've had for two years.. buddy. Maybe it's just user error.
Wife and I both have Motorola VE465 phones.

Horrible battery life, inconsistent restarts, long power-up times, insanely poor user interface command sequences, inconsistent interface design, buggy firmware.

Wife has worked in telecom industry for 15+ years (network operations/engineering/tech). 
She's still on my ass about picking up a pair of Motorola phones for us, a year later.
something along the lines of "I told you not to get a Motorola.  You know they're shit. Did you hit your head in the store or what?"

Motorola civilian equipment:  innovative ideas, poorly engineered , with little to no end-user testing before release.
Like Microsoft in the 1990's - never get version one, wait for version 4.0 service pack 6a2.. if you have no other choice.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

rdx-fx wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

have fun buddy.  motorola phones are absolute shit, especially with battery life.
Really.. I have no problem with the razor I've had for two years.. buddy. Maybe it's just user error.
Wife and I both have Motorola VE465 phones.

Horrible battery life, inconsistent restarts, long power-up times, insanely poor user interface command sequences, inconsistent interface design, buggy firmware.

Wife has worked in telecom industry for 15+ years (network operations/engineering/tech). 
She's still on my ass about picking up a pair of Motorola phones for us, a year later.
something along the lines of "I told you not to get a Motorola.  You know they're shit. Did you hit your head in the store or what?"

Motorola civilian equipment:  innovative ideas, poorly engineered , with little to no end-user testing before release.
Like Microsoft in the 1990's - never get version one, wait for version 4.0 service pack 6a2.. if you have no other choice.
Mine works like a champ after two years.. and so does every other irl one I've seen. Don't know what to tell ya besides sorry for your luck.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
I just got mine!

The thing is amazing!

Great clear very high definition screen with a lot of colors. Great starter ringtones / text tones / graphics

Very fast also, very speedy network!

Only complaint is the fuckin keyboard it feel like the keys should be a little more left or some shit and the spacebar isnt really long enough
Benzin
+576|5968

GodFather wrote:

I just got mine!

The thing is amazing!

Great clear very high definition screen with a lot of colors. Great starter ringtones / text tones / graphics

Only complaint is the fuckin keyboard it feel like the keys should be a little more left or some shit and the spacebar isnt really long enough
So use the on-screen keyboard. There are other keyboards you can download from the Market, too. I downloaded a German one for myself.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

CapnNismo wrote:

GodFather wrote:

I just got mine!

The thing is amazing!

So use the on-screen keyboard. There are other keyboards you can download from the Market, too. I downloaded a German one for myself.
Yeah yeah I do sometimes

I could type way faster on a solid keyboard though... I did get really good on my iphone but the screens sensitivities are way different
Benzin
+576|5968
Just takes some getting used to. I can type out messages (in English) really fast using the on-screen Android keyboard. The German keyboard I downloaded (TouchPal) lags a bit (perhaps because it accesses the vibrator each time I press a key) ... I need to see if I can find a better one that is still free.
Benzin
+576|5968
A bump for a tidbit:
The Dolphin Browser available in the Market now supports multitouch if you're running an Android 2.0 device.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Love the voice search on this phone. It's worked perfectly for me every time.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Cool case yo
https://i46.tinypic.com/9pv0o6.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

So the final word? I'm thinking of grabbing one while Verizon has their buy a Droid get a Droid Eris free deal going on...
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

toasting in epic bread
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

13urnzz wrote:

d'ya want mine? i went to a storm . . .
Remembering this dreadful phone

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard