RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

Sorry if this has been discussed, I am just fuming pissed right now.

Newegg.com has fucked up the last order they'll get from me.

SO, I need a good website to order computer parts in the U.S.A., that obviously, isn't Newegg.

thanks.

---

Oh, and if you are curious... long story short--->Made an order... realized I made a mistake (WRONG BANK ACCOUNT!!!! EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT)  canceled the order, received cancellation e-mail, re-ordered on the correct bank account,  BOTH ACCOUNTS CHARGED....BOTH EXACT SAME ORDERS CHARGED and shipped.

unused Bank account overdrafted; 30$ fee. Plus, 10$ shipping for duplicate merch, plus likely another 10$ hit on the return on the order I never wanted.

Which is nice for a broke ass college student like me.

What tops it off, My VISA debit card REQUIRES a "Verified by Visa" pin number, which I then realized I was using the wrong account, and NEVER ENTERED THE PIN, but they somehow charged it anyway. I guess "cancel" means "bypass PIN number" on their menu.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6330|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Just type in the right credit card number next time?

Idk, newegg is by far the best PC parts store in the US.  Maybe try amazon or something.
ermm sounds to me like it's your fault. Try newegg again.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

tazz. wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

And I've canceled newegg orders before without a problem. Never got charged, and they said to just "refuse the package" when it came, so it'd be shipped back to them and I wouldn't have to pay for it.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-11-18 22:13:46)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
Yeah.... New egg has always been pretty good as long as your smart enough to be able to correctly type a number into a box and press a button.
Benzin
+576|5968
You can try Tiger Direct next time. But I gotta warn you - you're going to have to type numbers into various boxes. You sure you're up for that?

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yeah.... New egg has always been pretty good as long as your smart enough to be able to correctly type a number into a box and press a button.
werd
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

You got charged because you kept the shipment on the wrong bank account.
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine
Annnnd this is Newegg's fault how?

Perhaps they should have a disclaimer; "Make sure you use the CORRECT BANK ACCOUNT while placing your order"
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

tazz. wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Seriously I know you are frustrated but it really isn't their fault.

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-11-19 03:58:55)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

zipzoomfly.com

mwave.com
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
It's Newegg's fault because they confirmed he had cancelled the order, yet they still sent it out, causing an overdraft fee, that I very much doubt they will pay.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

One of newegg's great features is the speed at which orders go through the system and get shipped out. It was probably already ready to get shipped out and past the point of no return when the cancellation had come through.
Can't blame them for providing good service. It's user error.

Kind of like how someone will order a burger, you ask them if they want everything on it, then you give it to them, then they bitch at you and say they didn't want pickles and want you to give them a new burger without pickles for free.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

mtb0minime wrote:

One of newegg's great features is the speed at which orders go through the system and get shipped out. It was probably already ready to get shipped out and past the point of no return when the cancellation had come through.

Kind of like how someone will order a burger, you ask them if they want everything on it, then you give it to them, then they bitch at you and say they didn't want pickles and want you to give them a new burger without pickles for free.
Worst case scenario, he's looking through the confirmation of purchase order e-mail three minutes after the order is made. Realises it's wrong, cancels it. There's no way it's getting shipped in that time.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Finray wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Worst case scenario, he's looking through the confirmation of purchase order e-mail three minutes after the order is made. Realises it's wrong, cancels it. There's no way it's getting shipped in that time.
True. I guess their orders move through faster than the cancellations. But I still wouldn't blame them for a mistake (no matter how innocent) a user made. As far as risk vs. reward goes, they take the added risk of shipping things out super fast with the possibility of screwing up if something goes wrong immediately after the transaction, but reap the reward of being known for fast shipping/service. Sometimes you wind up on the short end of the stick, and maybe newegg should take some responsibility with the cancellation problems. But none of this would've happened if someone took the time to check what bank account or card they were using.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

remember its ALWAYS someone elses fault
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

SEREMAKER wrote:

The worst part about working in any industry relating to public service is that the customer is always right. God, I fucking hated that shit. They are never right. They are morons that don't know what they're talking about.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
And that's not sarcasm either
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

mtb0minime wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

The worst part about working in any industry relating to public service is that the customer is always right. God, I fucking hated that shit. They are never right. They are morons that don't know what they're talking about.

that use to be the norm

not anymore
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jaymz9350
+54|6547

Finray wrote:

It's Newegg's fault because they confirmed he had cancelled the order, yet they still sent it out, causing an overdraft fee, that I very much doubt they will pay.
Never hurts to try, also if he has the proof of cancellation you may be able to sweet talk the bank into dropping the overdraft fees. I've gotten bank fees waved before, you just have to ask.
Benzin
+576|5968

mtb0minime wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Move to Austria. The only time you get customer service like I know in the US is when you're at a bank...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard