Announcement

lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

the problem is, and you know it, is that Americans don't want to work, they want a check
Thats irrelevant, the real reason is Americans want cheap labour.
That is irrelevant? Actually I think American attitude toward entitlement and work ethic is very relevant. Of course, that maybe why I am not one of the "starving".
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5833

lowing wrote:

Actually I think American attitude toward entitlement and work ethic is very relevant. Of course, that maybe why I am not one of the "starving".
good for you lowing. the fact remains, my friends and neighbors are going hungry. they are part of the ten plus percent recently laid of, or they were part of the nine point six percent that weren't counted because they had no street address. take your petty bullet points and move along please, you've not cited any real world experience in going hungry yet. armchair philosophize all you want, you are living the American dream. Step aside for people addressing the American failure, and actually doing something outside their fox news comfort zone.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually I think American attitude toward entitlement and work ethic is very relevant. Of course, that maybe why I am not one of the "starving".
good for you lowing. the fact remains, my friends and neighbors are going hungry. they are part of the ten plus percent recently laid of, or they were part of the nine point six percent that weren't counted because they had no street address. take your petty bullet points and move along please, you've not cited any real world experience in going hungry yet. armchair philosophize all you want, you are living the American dream. Step aside for people addressing the American failure, and actually doing something outside their fox news comfort zone.
Gee, and I thought it was precisely because I was not armchair philosophizing, instead I went out and made my self desirable and attractive to an employer, instead of waiting for my entitlement. Do your friends and neighbors a favor and show them where the day laborers meet and are picked up for work. 

By the way, I am living the American dream, because I built it, I was not entitled to it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4693|London, England

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually I think American attitude toward entitlement and work ethic is very relevant. Of course, that maybe why I am not one of the "starving".
good for you lowing. the fact remains, my friends and neighbors are going hungry. they are part of the ten plus percent recently laid of, or they were part of the nine point six percent that weren't counted because they had no street address. take your petty bullet points and move along please, you've not cited any real world experience in going hungry yet. armchair philosophize all you want, you are living the American dream. Step aside for people addressing the American failure, and actually doing something outside their fox news comfort zone.
You made a choice to live on the streets and be a bum. No one put a gun to your head and told you to do this. You act like it's completely out of the control of most people whether they go hungry or not and it's not. They make their choices and they live with their decisions. It's not mine or anyone elses job to hold their hand through life and show them how to pay rent, pay their bills, balance their checkbook etc. Those are life skills and some people fail at life. That's reality. Frankly, you and every other hungry person could drop dead tomorrow and it would have zero impact on my life unless the media chose to cover it (which they generally do not). No, I do not feel sorry for you or them and you should be a big enough person to know that you are not a victim. Plenty of people have shitty childhoods and overcome it. For those that don't, well, they're the weak link in our species and we're better off without them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

Tone it down a bit fellas.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5330|Truthistan
1 in 6 go hungry and 10% unemployment

Better get used to figures like that as we settle into this new era of the global economy.

I would agree with Lowing that Americans have become fat and lazy and IMO that's a sign of the success of our society. The problem for corporations is that fat and lazy means that excessive amounts are going into paying for these human resources. People are fat then that's a sign of excess income being spent on food, well then let's ship jobs over seas where people will work for starvation wages. People are lazy and feel entitled and won't even look at a manual labor job because its beneath their status as being born American, well then ship in illegal labor. And that's what is happening and as each progressive recession hits the American economy permanently loses a little more of what makes Americans entitled to their high standard. A new global reserve currency will be another step towards this end.

Sooner or later that 10% unemployment rate will become a permanent fixture unless some sanity returns a we start to control the negtive effects of globalization. And people will contiue to starve because they refuse to shovel shit for peanuts.

BTW Galt, the starvation and the 10% unemployment rate is a structural problem with the economy, some people are starving because the eocnomy sucks, some are starving because they've been laid off to ensure that the company's stocks remain high and that the shareholders get their dividend. And others are starving because some companies are run by assholes who don't like PBO or the democrats and so they have gone on a capital strike and they refuse to invest any money until their beloved gop lap pets get back in power. Those are some of the reasons people are starving. Sure their may be some lazy people out there and in fact a lot of homeless are actually mentally ill, and some of those drug addicts are also metally ill and self medicate with drugs and alcohol. There are a lot of reasons why people go wtihout and no we can't fix every problem, but we can and do better than what you are advocating.

Galt, would you care to share how you can contemplate the starvation of children and feel nothing, or look upon the hungry and feel contempt, because I find it bizarre that a person who is capable of rational thought cannot connect the dots between theories and practical application. I once labelled Lowing as a socio-economic darwinist, which I now know that he far from being that, but you however, might just be one and I qoute Galt "For those that don't (overcome shitty childhoods), well, they're the weak link in our species and we're better off without them." Now that might just be a rant, I hope.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|5981

[email protected] wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The number of Americans that have trouble putting food on the table shot up last year in an unprecedented spike to a record 17 million households, the government reported on Monday.

The Department of Agriculture report, which has been released annually since 1995, said the number of Americans that were hungry rose to 14.6%. In 2007, 13 million households or 11.1% of Americans had trouble getting enough food.

The one-year jump is all the more significant, given the number of hungry Americans had never been higher than 11.9% since these surveys began.
http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/16/news/ec … nsecurity/
Still doing better than Africa. o/\o

Can anyone think of any solutions to this or will things just work themselves out? Should Gov intervene or let the free market solve things on it's own?
Solutions? Don't have kids until you can support them. If you're poor and can barely feed yourself, don't have kids. It's very fucking simple.
ah yeah and dont have kids while u are in hs thats a popular thing these days or it has been for some time lol
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

Diesel_dyk wrote:

I would agree with Lowing that Americans have become fat and lazy and IMO that's a sign of the success of our society.
True.. if you want to see some skinny hard working 'mericans look at some old great depression/dust bowl photos.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,778|5441|eXtreme to the maX
More than half of americans are grossly obese, why don't the hungry people eat the fat people?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

Obesity is a western trend. It's infecting Europe too.

annnd

Recent studies from Medical Journal of Australia 174:561-4 shows that 47% of women and 63% of men are overweight or obese in Australia, where seven million adult Australians aged 25 years and over (60%) were overweight. Of these, over two million (21%) were found obese according to the 1999-2000 Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Problem-of-Ob … ;id=442502
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,778|5441|eXtreme to the maX
Its true, the average Aussie is a good 5-10kg overweight at least, probably more like 10-15kg.
You don't often see the +200kg land-whales you see regularly in the US though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

I dont see many whales... not at all. Probably helps that I live near the beach (ironic).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|5989
Go whale watching at the nearest Walmart.  They'll be there...I promise.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Go whale watching at the nearest Walmart.  They'll be there...I promise.
This seems to be more of a midwest phenomenon.. places like MO too.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4921

Kmarion wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Go whale watching at the nearest Walmart.  They'll be there...I promise.
This seems to be more of a midwest phenomenon.. places like MO too.
Usually it's a problem in cold places.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

1 in 6 go hungry and 10% unemployment

Better get used to figures like that as we settle into this new era of the global economy.

I would agree with Lowing that Americans have become fat and lazy and IMO that's a sign of the success of our society. The problem for corporations is that fat and lazy means that excessive amounts are going into paying for these human resources. People are fat then that's a sign of excess income being spent on food, well then let's ship jobs over seas where people will work for starvation wages. People are lazy and feel entitled and won't even look at a manual labor job because its beneath their status as being born American, well then ship in illegal labor. And that's what is happening and as each progressive recession hits the American economy permanently loses a little more of what makes Americans entitled to their high standard. A new global reserve currency will be another step towards this end.

Sooner or later that 10% unemployment rate will become a permanent fixture unless some sanity returns a we start to control the negtive effects of globalization. And people will contiue to starve because they refuse to shovel shit for peanuts.

BTW Galt, the starvation and the 10% unemployment rate is a structural problem with the economy, some people are starving because the eocnomy sucks, some are starving because they've been laid off to ensure that the company's stocks remain high and that the shareholders get their dividend. And others are starving because some companies are run by assholes who don't like PBO or the democrats and so they have gone on a capital strike and they refuse to invest any money until their beloved gop lap pets get back in power. Those are some of the reasons people are starving. Sure their may be some lazy people out there and in fact a lot of homeless are actually mentally ill, and some of those drug addicts are also metally ill and self medicate with drugs and alcohol. There are a lot of reasons why people go wtihout and no we can't fix every problem, but we can and do better than what you are advocating.

Galt, would you care to share how you can contemplate the starvation of children and feel nothing, or look upon the hungry and feel contempt, because I find it bizarre that a person who is capable of rational thought cannot connect the dots between theories and practical application. I once labelled Lowing as a socio-economic darwinist, which I now know that he far from being that, but you however, might just be one and I qoute Galt "For those that don't (overcome shitty childhoods), well, they're the weak link in our species and we're better off without them." Now that might just be a rant, I hope.
Fat and lazy is a sign success in that it is a sign of technology and complacency, to the pont where most of us getting paid were doing so with very little ( if at all) manual labor. Now, the tech bubble is burst, and these people are faced with the option of manual labor for a living or starve. It appears they are choosing starvation while holding out for Obama's entitlement. I believe this is what John Galt is speaking of, when he says screw them, let them starve. There is work out there, if it is beneath you then starve. I tend to agree.

I read nothing in his post about advocating letting those that can not help themselves starve.

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-18 01:57:00)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6002

burnzz wrote:

i want just one of you to post with real world experience. JUST ONE!
you fuckers with your bullet points saunter in here with " America has no problems" is old and hackneyed, and yet to cite real world experience.

don't talk to this thread, get off your overfed ass and open your motherfucking eyes and talk to living, breathing people in a way that isn't politicized! i can give a rats ass about your flavor of politics! be human and connect to people, not some flat screen where your post makes you popular with like minded people, but In Real Life People that cannot find their way.
Not just one example.  A few friends in fact.  Viet Nam war refugees with only the clothes on their back, arriving in Westminster years ago.  All left relatives behind.  All had someone who was killed during the conflict.  All coming here with every concievable barrier you can think of: culture, language, lifestyle, diet.  Save for one thing, a desire to better themselves.  Those who came worked there asses off at every odd job that they could get so they could give their kids a better life.  Today, their children are successful physicians, pharmacists, opthamalagists, private business owners, IT pros, etc.  So don't give me crap about no world experience. 

People make choices.  People choose to better themselves.  You are telling me that single mom didn't see a violent personality in the guy she married?  Bull crap.  She was blind to the signs because she needed him, rather than having the will to succeed on her own.  To proud to take food stamps?  Then he has only himself to blame.  Get off his high horse and avail of what is out there to help him?  Don't trust government agencies.  BS again.  Idiot and his choice, plain and simple.  Can't read?  So, take classes.

Want more examples?  I've got tons of relatives who leave the poor but comfortable life back home in the PI so that they can better themselves.  They go alone to some strange new country, most of them female, and work as babysitters and caregivers.  Many of those countries they go to are Islamic with very strict rules.  Some of these workers are assaulted, abused, and even killed.  And yet they keep going back because they want to give their families back home a better life.  They sacrifice there life for the rest of their families.

Now, tell me that your friends are worse off?  They have all the programs here to help them, but they chose to not avail of them.  And as such, BS on your rants.  BS on your life and your friends lives, because I know others who have had it worse and have bettered themselves.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|5914|Columbus, OH
What a coincidence, I am HUNGRY
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6002

loubot wrote:

What a coincidence, I am HUNGRY
So, have some willpower, make a choice, and do something about it, instead of waiting for someone to hand-feed you.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|4611|San Angelo, TX

FatherTed wrote:

https://amadeo.blog.com/repository/279114/2077028.jpg

Is hungry.
Kid probably would have grown up to be a pirate/terrorist/warlord/drugdealer/childsoldier anyways.

The world needs population control people!  I saw we start with Africa as they seem to be doing a fairly good job of it on themselves as is.
Wreckognize
Member
+294|5820
We should legalize post-birth abortions too.
jord
Member
+2,382|6013|The North, beyond the wall.
Sell your 42 inch plasma then? 1 in 6 my ass, and I don't even live there.

One in 10 perhaps...
Skorpy-chan
Member
+127|5680|Twyford, UK

Wreckognize wrote:

We should legalize post-birth abortions too.
That's a damn good idea. I know quite a few people on these very forums who could do with one of those.

Hell, give me a visa, a shotgun and a car, and I'll do them myself.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,778|5441|eXtreme to the maX
The world needs population control people!  I saw we start with Africa as they seem to be doing a fairly good job of it on themselves as is.
America next then, as they have the lowest IQs and consume the most.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5330|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

1 in 6 go hungry and 10% unemployment

Better get used to figures like that as we settle into this new era of the global economy.

I would agree with Lowing that Americans have become fat and lazy and IMO that's a sign of the success of our society. The problem for corporations is that fat and lazy means that excessive amounts are going into paying for these human resources. People are fat then that's a sign of excess income being spent on food, well then let's ship jobs over seas where people will work for starvation wages. People are lazy and feel entitled and won't even look at a manual labor job because its beneath their status as being born American, well then ship in illegal labor. And that's what is happening and as each progressive recession hits the American economy permanently loses a little more of what makes Americans entitled to their high standard. A new global reserve currency will be another step towards this end.

Sooner or later that 10% unemployment rate will become a permanent fixture unless some sanity returns a we start to control the negtive effects of globalization. And people will contiue to starve because they refuse to shovel shit for peanuts.

BTW Galt, the starvation and the 10% unemployment rate is a structural problem with the economy, some people are starving because the eocnomy sucks, some are starving because they've been laid off to ensure that the company's stocks remain high and that the shareholders get their dividend. And others are starving because some companies are run by assholes who don't like PBO or the democrats and so they have gone on a capital strike and they refuse to invest any money until their beloved gop lap pets get back in power. Those are some of the reasons people are starving. Sure their may be some lazy people out there and in fact a lot of homeless are actually mentally ill, and some of those drug addicts are also metally ill and self medicate with drugs and alcohol. There are a lot of reasons why people go wtihout and no we can't fix every problem, but we can and do better than what you are advocating.

Galt, would you care to share how you can contemplate the starvation of children and feel nothing, or look upon the hungry and feel contempt, because I find it bizarre that a person who is capable of rational thought cannot connect the dots between theories and practical application. I once labelled Lowing as a socio-economic darwinist, which I now know that he far from being that, but you however, might just be one and I qoute Galt "For those that don't (overcome shitty childhoods), well, they're the weak link in our species and we're better off without them." Now that might just be a rant, I hope.
Fat and lazy is a sign success in that it is a sign of technology and complacency, to the pont where most of us getting paid were doing so with very little ( if at all) manual labor. Now, the tech bubble is burst, and these people are faced with the option of manual labor for a living or starve. It appears they are choosing starvation while holding out for Obama's entitlement. I believe this is what John Galt is speaking of, when he says screw them, let them starve. There is work out there, if it is beneath you then starve. I tend to agree.

I read nothing in his post about advocating letting those that can not help themselves starve.
Yea, I think I was picking up on some robust statements in his rant.

IMO we've gone from an industrial economy to a do nothing but brachiate from one get rich fast scheme bubble to another. And the only time we really get into trouble is when the retards make a commodity bubble which then proceeds to crush the few sectors of the economy that actually do produce anything of substance. If I had to pictorialize it I would envision a pyramid that has had its base eaten away and now looks like mushroom. Real production is supposed to be facilitated by financial instruments but we have gotten so backwards that the tail now wags the dog and the wealth generated by the swirl of greed and stupity now trumps the actual production of products and the govt is so fearful of the fact that the financial system has become the majority producer in the economy that they didn't dare let those responsible for the crash to go under. And as we have now seen the taxpayers get the shaft twice, once for bailing out the wall street crooks, second when they have to pay for all the unemployed and the increase in welfare and the increase in crimes. So everything is great, so we are told, the DOW is at 10K and 1 in 6 are starving, now that's just f'n wonderful. It is probably only going to get worse in future crashes unless the systemic parasites are flushed out of the system for good.

Anyway, everyone is in it for the money which we al know to be a fools errand as the fed has the power to print more and more. No one seems to be interested in just living what people used to call a good honest life. Its too bad too because it is still possible to live a very good life in this country.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard