Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

Lai wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

Lai wrote:

Or you could just get on a plane as the first cases appear, and move in with your ex in Siberia
No, no, I think head splattered all over wall of a house thats on fire is WAY better than living in Siberia.
That depends on your ex
No, no, I think head splattered all over wall of a house thats on fire is WAY better than living in a confined space with a woman for an indefinite amount of time. 

Shit would be ace for about a week before you an heroed yourself on the side of an igloo.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6569|Columbus, OH

Iconic Irony wrote:

I would do nothing.

People tend to overlook the very obvious things when it comes to specualting zombie armageddons and the like.  Here are some things I've noticed in this thread alone that would get most of you killed.

1. Ammo: It is heavy.  You cannot carry a bunch of it around.  It is not infinite.  It is not laying around all over the place. 

2. With number 1 being said, you cannot run around and last very long.  Mainly because you won't be able to carry enough ammo to deal with an endless mob of zombies that don't feel pain and only die to headshots, but because even if you did somehow manage to carry it all around, you would be to slow to evade and escape (or you would die of exaustion or dehydration, whichever of the three comes first)

3. You cannot carry enough food to sustain yourself for long.  For that matter, unless you've been stockpiling food in your basement you aren't going to have long to last on that either.

4. You are assuming that you will be able to get to "your cool super secure fortress location".  Probably won't, probably can't, probably get killed on the way because you're an idiot and made your fortress 17 miles from your house on the other side of a densly populated city.  So unless you live in a car manufactering warehouse, a wal-mart or a castle with a moat made of sulphuric acid, you gonna die in route.

5. There are a finite amount of supplies in the world.  You won't make it long.  Most food you enjoy today has a shelf life of about a week.  With no refrigeration, make that 2 days.  So even if you found a really big supermarket to hole up in, in 2 days your sitting in a rotting garbage heap of infestation and decay......and disease.  BUT HEY, WE STILL GOT PACKAGED NON PERISHABLE JUNK FOOD!  So you can go die from a heart attack or because your too fat to lug your supplies AND run from the hordes.  Can food won't last long if thats all you're eating.

6.  Airplanes, boats, cars will all get you killed in a hurry.  For one, it's gonna be kinda hard to drive on roads clogged with the abandoned cars of the now undead masses, and two, how you gonna get the gas outta the pump with no power?  Wanna get on a boat?  Unless you are a skilled sailor, navigator and overall journeyman good luck, all it takes is for one tiny storm and you are either capsized in the middle of the ocean or washing up on some jagged rocks.  Airplanes........please.

The rest is trivial.  If there is a zombie infestation your only hope is to live in the middle of the woods and have been off the grid for MANY years.  Then it is as if nothing has happened at all.  Any less and you will fail.  1 bad winter, overhunting, lack of skill in outdoor survival or even and unfortunate physical accident and you've reached the endgame of your life.

Wanna know what I'd do?  To be completely honest I would do the following: 

1. Look out window, see zombies.
2. Barricade windows and doors.
3. Take tally of food and ammo.
4. Be very quiet and not arouse attention.
5. Eat all food.
6. Expend all ammo killing as many zombies as possible.
7. Light house on fire.
8. An hero myself all over the wall with a shotgun, Kurt Cobain style.
9. Be on fire.
There goes my buzz, buzz-killah
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
I'd become infected asap so I could eat people without consequences.

wat
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

loubot wrote:

Now you know how I felt when I joined the military and realised guns actually have to reload and that people and cars don't explode when shot by handguns.

FUCK YOU RAMBO, YOU LIED TO ME!!
jord

Iconic Irony wrote:

loubot wrote:

Now you know how I felt when I joined the military and realised guns actually have to reload and that people and cars don't explode when shot by handguns.

You can still carry like 300 rounds in mags, 30 in the rifle and 200+ on you back, can't ya.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

jord wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

loubot wrote:

You can still carry like 300 rounds in mags, 30 in the rifle and 200+ on you back, can't ya.
How far is 300 rounds going to get you against a horde?  How are you going to carry food, water, extra clothes when your already weighted down with 50lbs, 100lbs, 150lbs of ammo? 

You will die.
jord

Iconic Irony wrote:

jord wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

How far is 300 rounds going to get you against a horde?  How are you going to carry food, water, extra clothes when your already weighted down with 50lbs, 100lbs, 150lbs of ammo? 

You will die.
11 mags would get me far enough. Carrying 10 mags would suggest I have webbing on, so that's 2 litres of water in there and a days rations. That would be just a days kit, I wouldn't take a weeks worth of clothes, extra water, ammo and rations everytime I left wherever I was holed up.
Lai
+186|6142

Iconic Irony wrote:

How are you going to carry food, water, extra clothes
Don't you have a wife/girlfriend?
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

Lai wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

Yeah, but haven't you watched any zombie movies?  The people you care about the most are the ones that get you killed the quickest.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Nobody can plan anything until we know exactly how the infected we're facing are and how many survivors are left and the condition of the world.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Lai
+186|6142

Iconic Irony wrote:

Lai wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

Yeah, but haven't you watched any zombie movies?  The people you care about the most are the ones that get you killed the quickest.
I was talking about using them as a mule, not caring for them.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I would love for Lai's GF to see that comment.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

loubot wrote:

Hijack a blimp, airship, or dirigible so I sail safety over your heads. When food supplies get low, I will hoover over a fast food joint or doughnut shop  and repel down. sweet plan yes

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/ … ftside.jpg
actually suprisingly awsm plan tbh
15 more years! 15 more years!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Iconic Irony wrote:

I would do nothing.

People tend to overlook the very obvious things when it comes to specualting zombie armageddons and the like.  Here are some things I've noticed in this thread alone that would get most of you killed.

1. Ammo: It is heavy.  You cannot carry a bunch of it around.  It is not infinite.  It is not laying around all over the place. 

2. With number 1 being said, you cannot run around and last very long.  Mainly because you won't be able to carry enough ammo to deal with an endless mob of zombies that don't feel pain and only die to headshots, but because even if you did somehow manage to carry it all around, you would be to slow to evade and escape (or you would die of exaustion or dehydration, whichever of the three comes first)

3. You cannot carry enough food to sustain yourself for long.  For that matter, unless you've been stockpiling food in your basement you aren't going to have long to last on that either.

4. You are assuming that you will be able to get to "your cool super secure fortress location".  Probably won't, probably can't, probably get killed on the way because you're an idiot and made your fortress 17 miles from your house on the other side of a densly populated city.  So unless you live in a car manufactering warehouse, a wal-mart or a castle with a moat made of sulphuric acid, you gonna die in route.

5. There are a finite amount of supplies in the world.  You won't make it long.  Most food you enjoy today has a shelf life of about a week.  With no refrigeration, make that 2 days.  So even if you found a really big supermarket to hole up in, in 2 days your sitting in a rotting garbage heap of infestation and decay......and disease.  BUT HEY, WE STILL GOT PACKAGED NON PERISHABLE JUNK FOOD!  So you can go die from a heart attack or because your too fat to lug your supplies AND run from the hordes.  Can food won't last long if thats all you're eating.

6.  Airplanes, boats, cars will all get you killed in a hurry.  For one, it's gonna be kinda hard to drive on roads clogged with the abandoned cars of the now undead masses, and two, how you gonna get the gas outta the pump with no power?  Wanna get on a boat?  Unless you are a skilled sailor, navigator and overall journeyman good luck, all it takes is for one tiny storm and you are either capsized in the middle of the ocean or washing up on some jagged rocks.  Airplanes........please.

The rest is trivial.  If there is a zombie infestation your only hope is to live in the middle of the woods and have been off the grid for MANY years.  Then it is as if nothing has happened at all.  Any less and you will fail.  1 bad winter, overhunting, lack of skill in outdoor survival or even and unfortunate physical accident and you've reached the endgame of your life.
The above sounds pretty gloomy, I think I'd cut my losses and join the zombies.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6336|Twyford, UK

Iconic Irony wrote:

I would do nothing.

Wanna know what I'd do?  To be completely honest I would do the following: 

1. Look out window, see zombies.
2. Barricade windows and doors.
3. Take tally of food and ammo.
4. Be very quiet and not arouse attention.
5. Eat all food.
6. Expend all ammo killing as many zombies as possible.
7. Light house on fire.
8. An hero myself all over the wall with a shotgun, Kurt Cobain style.
9. Be on fire.
1. No guns anyway.

2. Don't intend to leave the house. I like it here, it's warm and safe.

3. Larder cupboard and chest freezer stocked with food. Canned food and frozen food respectively. Beyond that, canned food stacks and keeps well, and there's shops if I can get to them. If the roads are too clogged for a car, I have a bike. Limited carrying capacity, but I think I could fit a month's supplies in my backpack per trip.

4. I live in the 'secure location' already. And the instant I hear about a zombie invasion, I'm ordering some building supplies.

5. Again, canned food, and stuff like flour keeps very well. The contents of the freezer would stay cool for a while due to it being insulated and full of cold stuff. I feel safe in being able to last out until order is restored.

6. Why the pump? Other cars. And when THAT runs out, I have a bike.

Faliure is not an option; I'd die. Succeeding heroically is also not; I'd get killed. So, the goal is to last out until the people with guns and organisation stop the infected hordes.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
If you just drive around at a walking distance with a pick-up and tons of weapons and supplies the guys walking around can blast the zombies away. If worst comes to worst as they're heading to a safe zone you can jump into the pickup and smash through the zombies.

The thing is, they won't have time to get enough zombies without it being heard all around the news and you being able to stack up on food and supplies.

It's not like it takes 24 hours to mutate everybody into human flesh eating monster with super powers.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If you just drive around at a walking distance with a pick-up and tons of weapons and supplies the guys walking around can blast the zombies away. If worst comes to worst as they're heading to a safe zone you can jump into the pickup and smash through the zombies.

The thing is, they won't have time to get enough zombies without it being heard all around the news and you being able to stack up on food and supplies.

It's not like it takes 24 hours to mutate everybody into human flesh eating monster with super powers.
You really are like 12 years old aren't you?  I suppose you think cars explode when you shoot them in the trunk with a .45 still too, huh?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Iconic Irony wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

You really are like 12 years old aren't you?  I suppose you think cars explode when you shoot them in the trunk with a .45 still too, huh?
People wouldn't mutate quick enough. Chances are, even if they do: it won't be in your area for quite some time.

Now if you're going to get to some place in a zombie infested city, you're going to need transport, and guns.

I don't see why my age matters.

Nice signature
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

People wouldn't mutate quick enough. Chances are, even if they do: it won't be in your area for quite some time.

Now if you're going to get to some place in a zombie infested city, you're going to need transport, and guns.

I don't see why my age matters.

Nice signature
For one, hitting 1 or 2 people in a truck may not do much damage but hit a crowd of them doing more than 15 mph and your gonna fuck your truck up pretty bad. 

Secondly, if it's on the news there is going to be a panic and going into a giant crowd of paniced people in the midst of a zombie pandemic isn't exactly smart.

Third, you wouldn't just drive around with homies and blast zombies.  I mean, seriously....thats just illogical and childish thinking at best.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Iconic Irony wrote:

For one, hitting 1 or 2 people in a truck may not do much damage but hit a crowd of them doing more than 15 mph and your gonna fuck your truck up pretty bad.
I'm not talking about driving into a crowd.

Iconic Irony wrote:

Secondly, if it's on the news there is going to be a panic and going into a giant crowd of paniced people in the midst of a zombie pandemic isn't exactly smart
I never said you'd be going through a crowd of normal people (whilst getting probably infected). Anybody smart would stay away from people and go to the middle of nowhere.

Iconic Irony wrote:

Third, you wouldn't just drive around with homies and blast zombies.  I mean, seriously....thats just illogical and childish thinking at best.
I said it would be to get to a safe zone. Not for Saturday night kicks.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

I'm not talking about driving into a crowd.

Iconic Irony wrote:

Secondly, if it's on the news there is going to be a panic and going into a giant crowd of paniced people in the midst of a zombie pandemic isn't exactly smart
I never said you'd be going through a crowd of normal people (whilst getting probably infected). Anybody smart would stay away from people and go to the middle of nowhere.

Iconic Irony wrote:

I said it would be to get to a safe zone. Not for Saturday night kicks.
Look Tadd, I'm just saying that you can't just run and gun, to many options for failure.  Do you see where I'm coming from now?

Please email your reply asap.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
You're quite the joker aren't you?
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

You're quite the joker aren't you?
No, I am not a demented clown.  I'm a man who knows him sum zohmbehs.
jord
Guys this is serious business take your stupid BULLSHIT elsewhere I'm trying to discuss this with other adults.

FUCK
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5267|San Angelo, TX

jord wrote:

Guys this is serious business take your stupid BULLSHIT elsewhere I'm trying to discuss this with other adults.

FUCK
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to calm down sir.  Your attitude is not appreciated or acceptable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard