nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Who here on bf2s lives in terrible cities? State your city and describe why it is so bad. Perhaps we can arrive at a consensus on which member to feel most sorry for.

As for me, New Haven is a dump, aside from Yale. 'Connecticut city' kind of sums up its failure as a nice place to live - basically the standard dirtiness, blight, dilapidation, and gang activity (not on the the Yale campus) you would expect from a Northeast industrial city. While not at Compton's level, it really is not a nice place. (This excludes the equally stereotypical surrounding Connecticut suburbs, of course.) I'm sure others have worse - let's hear them.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Oslo is pretty damn awesome.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Oslo Reykjavík is pretty damn awesome.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
Washington, DC used to suck in the 90s but we're cool now.

I don't think anyone here is from Detroit or Baltimore, although I think there are a few Philadelphians. Nobody from Anchorage either AFAIK.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

I live in Glasgow. Murder and stab capital of Europe. Kinda sums it up nicely.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Oslo is pretty damn awesome. exspensive
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Varegg wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Oslo Reykjavík is pretty damn awesome. exspensive
As well
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6505
Victoria is awsm
_raab
+28|6231|Western Aust.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

nukchebi0 wrote:

Who here on bf2s lives in terrible cities? State your city and describe why it is so bad. Perhaps we can arrive at a consensus on which member to feel most sorry for.

As for me, New Haven is a dump, aside from Yale. 'Connecticut city' kind of sums up its failure as a nice place to live - basically the standard dirtiness, blight, dilapidation, and gang activity (not on the the Yale campus) you would expect from a Northeast industrial city. While not at Compton's level, it really is not a nice place. (This excludes the equally stereotypical surrounding Connecticut suburbs, of course.) I'm sure others have worse - let's hear them.
New Haven > Hartford > Bridgeport.  count your blessings.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
City of Clarkson is written twice on that board. 2 cities with the exact same name?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6232|S.A. Australia
Theres nothing actually wrong with Perth, its just too far away for anyone to care about
Serious Flex
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

.Sup wrote:

City of Clarkson is written twice on that board. 2 cities with the exact same name?
Or 2 different trains going to the same destination, shocking I know but it does happen (sometimes).
_raab
+28|6231|Western Aust.

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Theres nothing actually wrong with Perth, its just too far away for anyone to care about
Yeah I guess the same goes about WA.

Clarkson is a suburb, but that board indicates the train lines, so there are 2 trains arriving or departing from that line. There are 5 main train lines in perth coming from the outer suburbs.  Theres only 1 public transportation train that goes to another city and is valled the Idian Pacific and travels to Adelaide and then Melbourne and Sydney. It takes 3 days by train to get to Sydney.

Last edited by _raab (2009-11-16 04:49:09)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Bayonne is in decline which is sad it used to be a decent place in NJ.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ
New York Shitty.. Between the cops the traffic lights and the ridicules parking tickets, it's slowly killing it's self. Mind set of New York's Mayor..

"Oh Crap our stories aren't bringing in enough tax revenue, lets up the cost of the trains, make the parking tickets 130 dollars, and make the yellow lights shorter so everyone gets the 50 dollar running a red light ticket.. This will bring in more revenue so we can afford our 1,000 cops doing the same job as a traffic light"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

cpt.fass1 wrote:

New York Shitty.. Between the cops the traffic lights and the ridicules parking tickets, it's slowly killing it's self. Mind set of New York's Mayor..

"Oh Crap our stories aren't bringing in enough tax revenue, lets up the cost of the trains, make the parking tickets 130 dollars, and make the yellow lights shorter so everyone gets the 50 dollar running a red light ticket.. This will bring in more revenue so we can afford our 1,000 cops doing the same job as a traffic light"
Go live in Baltimore.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto
Toronto is an okay place. Lots of diversity, not too much crime, a decent enough public transportation system, not terribly dirty (although during the winter it kind of becomes a mess with the snow carrying dirt), good night-life, and the people are relatively friendly as compared to most other places on the planet (ie, we all want in your pants).
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5978|Toronto
Of all the places I've lived, I must say Ottawa is by far the worst.

It's a pretty place, but it sucks. No fun stuff, too spread out, shitty public transit, no nightlife.
It's basically a government town. Half the population must be over 50, and the other half is too bored to care.
The most exciting thing that happened is that our imbecile of a mayor got tried on charges of influence peddling and predictably got cleared. I hate that guy.
I like pie.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Oslo Dundee is pretty damn awesome shit.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
Welcome to Belfast

The molotov cocktail petrol bomb and thug Capital of Europe.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California

This is where I used to live... :'(
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6270
Athens...
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6324|England
Gosport. There is a part of Gosport called Rowner. It used to be (I'm not sure if it is anymore) the drug capital of the south. I can't really describe why it's shit to live here. You'd have to visit the place to udnerstand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard