Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
Well, I celebrated my 30th birthday and my wife arranged a suprise party. I was totally caught off guard and nearly 20 people scared the living daylight out of me when I opened the bedroom door. From some of my friends I got £100 and I wondered why on earth I should get that. Then my wife sneaked up behind me and said: "Happy birthday sweetheart" and gave me a piece of paper. I was a football trip to Liverpool with my best friends with everything covered. Liverpool was set to play Birmingham at home November 9th.

The trip was great, spending most days drinking beer and playing cards. We even took the ferry across the Mersey and saw the 1st round of the FA cup between Tranmere and Leyton Orient. Is was exciting seeing how the "real" English football culture was. And the local pub was very nice.

The match day we all were pretty excited to kick off. Everything was excellent until Ngog scored the first goal of the match. When jumping up I had a wrong step on the ledge of the stand and broke my foot. Last year I broke my right foot twice and this was the exact same fracture. 5th metharsal. I struggled through the 1st half with huge pains in my foot. And if that wasn't enough B'ham scored twice after some poor defending from the home side. When the halftime whistled I had to use the toilet. But the pains in my foot was so bad that I had problems moving. One of the stewards asked what was wrong and I said that I had broken my foot during the 1st half. They mobilized and I really got professional help. I'd never get that kind of service on a Norwegian football stadium, that's for sure. Down to the emergency room waiting for an ambulance. Then Liverpool had got a penalty kick (yes guys, I admit it was a dive...) so we heard the equalizing goal.

Arriving at the hospital I got x-rayd and the doctors confirmed my suspects for a broken foot. Even got the fracture correct... :-) So I got casted and sent home on crouches. But all in all it was an excellent trip with good friends, good beer and a lovely city.
I can also "brag" that I have a football injury at Anfield. ;-)
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK

Hope your foot gets better soon!

Last edited by Kez (2009-11-15 03:47:57)

Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
Well, have to wear the cast for 5 more weeks...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

shame this thread wasn't titled "Broken foot again, this time a broad."
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
Well, my English have some minor faults...

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2009-11-15 05:03:17)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

No, I wasn't knocking your language skills, it's just that I meant "a broad" as in a skirt.

nvm.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

AussieReaper wrote:

No, I wasn't knocking your language skills, it's just that I meant "a broad" as in a skirt.

nvm.
Not Aussie enough.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
It's gods way of telling you that he hates liverpool, Birmingham's second goal was fucking awesome though, that alone should have been worth the trip and the broken foot to see something like that in real life
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Well, my English have some minor faults...
i understood that you enjoyed the experience of seeing the live match - that you also have nice family and friends! get well soon . . .
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida
Sweet!

Last edited by Mitch (2009-11-15 08:24:02)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I got a trip to Turku and some sex from my missus for my 30th bday *jealous*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard