The Soup Nazi
+18|6757|North Lauderdale, FL

chuyskywalker wrote:

Aweomse. Too bad it was the old version of the site
no doubt.  hey, wanted to ask you since you seem to be a guy who's in charge- did you develop the whole script for pulling player info and stats?  if so, hats off man.  i know that that's a lot of work.  if it had been me, i probably would've opted to do it in .NET with C#, but that's just me.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Yeah, I made the entire system. It was quite a task, but it works and I learned more than I have ever learned doing this than from any class, teacher, or book ever.

Anywho...

I need some beta testers.
This is mostly aimed at folks who run a clan site and want to have their clan's Leaderboard on their home page. Friends could use it as well, but the main aim is for clans

If you're interested in helping me beta test this, send me a PM so I can hook you up with the dev files and access.

Remember, however, that YOU MUST HAVE A WEBSITE. I appreciate Joe-Bob-Internet wanting to help, but please be competent and have a currently working website with PHP capabilities. Otherwise, as enthusiastic as you may be, you're not gonna be much help
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6818
I am very happy to help.
You know my site and all and you know me.
http://www.doggunn.info/
In the middle of making a clan site for BF2.
Currently don't have a name for it.
My server currently has PHP and I know a little PHP.
WhyTwoKay
+15|6740|Texas
Hello,

I would like to test this feature myself!
I have my own webserver and have good knowledge of PHP and CSS.
The server is running Apache, has PHP enabled and MySQL databses available (if needed)

Please e-mail me: [email protected] if you have any more details!
ethanous
+0|6766
chuyskywalker,
Great site, and even better that you are offering it for free. Not much is free anymore. I would like to extend my server for your testing of your new system. I am running IIS (I know, don’t want to hear it) with PHP, Perl, MySQL… the whole nine yards. I have a little background in PHP, mostly self taught, but I do know how to read and troubleshoot code just fine. If you would be interested in knowing more, please let me know. [email protected]
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6816
I'll sound noobish saying this but what does the global ranking mean?
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6818

Whitegreek wrote:

I'll sound noobish saying this but what does the global ranking mean?
LOL it's ok.
It's your position on the Battlefield 2 Leader board.

Last edited by DogGunn (2005-10-15 00:57:05)

Lord_Arkhan
+0|6748
I want to Help you to Beta Test the Clan Stats Page.
I have an Clanpage and a own Linux-Server with PHP, Mysql, Apache ASP, SSI, CGI, mod_perl and mod_python.

Clan-Page --> http://www.bf2-nss.de <-- It is a new German Clan Page.
NeoVipeR
+0|6746|TX
I would love to beta test the new leaderboard as well. I sent you a PM. I am running php-nuke platinum and know enough about PHP to identify issues. Thanks again for a killer site!

Our team website http://www.team-dye.com

Last edited by NeoVipeR (2005-10-15 06:45:00)

AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
chuy, you can get the raw material of bf2trends.com if you would parse the results of URLs like this:

http://www.bf2trends.com/trends/data_sc … r=43418170
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands

chuyskywalker wrote:

Notify them of ur brilliant updates.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

TheMajorBummer wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Notify them of ur brilliant updates.
Yea seriously. You should write into their editor and say thanks for the support.
And then tell them you have a new site design and that they should check it out.
Maybe you'll make it in their again!

Added:   Oh and on the BF2-Trends thing. I like the service however I don't like that it only shows 3 days. I don't play every single day for multiple hours so if the graph was say over a 10 day period or a 14 day or 1 month (30 days) it might actually show some decent improvement or  past game play potential. As it is.. 3 days is a bit skimpy. That's my observation.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-16 05:33:36)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
As Ric Flair would say; WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Now I don't have to check my definite improvement on bf2tracker.com! (They have kinda the same as bf2trends but with almost a month long "timeline")
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
bf2trends.com has an infinite timeline, i think. bf2tracker.... mh... i dont like that site
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

kilroy0097 wrote:

Added:   Oh and on the BF2-Trends thing. I like the service however I don't like that it only shows 3 days.
The site will show from the first day it tracked you onward. I think I have something like 3 months of stats over there. You just have only been tracked for a few days now -- that's all.
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
does this mean that we wont start from "zero" if your teaser comes out? so, does it contain already the data of a few days? if so, KEEEEWL man ^^
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Yeah, I started tracking players about a week ago. The tracking only happen once per day, and ONLY if you've request your stats (sneaky, see, you've got to come back to my site once a day to get tracked once a day )
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
well, then i have to repeat: KEEEEWL man ^^

btw: tell me some serious BF2-Folks that dont show up their stats 50 times a day on bf2s.com ^^
Guruz
Sir
Yeah, I have my bf2s stats as my browser's homepage And I refresh it like 40 times a day.. go figure.

Anctiously waiting. (spelled 89% wrong)
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
lol... i cant write this word either...

let me try: "anxiously" ... hey.... seems somehow correct ^^

edit: btw, can someone of you have a look at my stats till friday (once a day)? i'm not here the next days, but would like to have my stats requested ^^ (just to fill the teaser-database with the same data ^^)

Last edited by AndrewPoison (2005-10-16 21:57:46)

Guruz
Sir

AndrewPoison wrote:

lol... i cant write this word either...

let me try: "anxiously" ... hey.... seems somehow correct ^^

edit: btw, can someone of you have a look at my stats till friday (once a day)? i'm not here the next days, but would like to have my stats requested ^^ (just to fill the teaser-database with the same data ^^)
I can.

You mean every day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurday & Friday)?

No problem. I have plenty of time
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Shouldn't you get some royalties or something for them using your website?  what's more, without permission?  Maybe you should go get a lawyer. 
midgetspy
+3|6798
4.0.3, eh... hope your big portal page doesn't allow file uploads anywhere :0)

Nic
The_Truth_16
+0|6759
thats coo,  very coo
midgetspy
+3|6798

aTi|Sanders wrote:

midgetspy wrote:

4.0.3, eh... hope your big portal page doesn't allow file uploads anywhere :0)

Nic
I know its abit slow, thats not the portal acually. It has a average of 3 queries per page. Its the web hosting i use!
Actually I was implying that you shouldn't announce your PHP version if it has a known remote code execution exploit, hehe.

Nic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard