Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

Stop sending money to other nations ( we need to fix/help ourselves before we concentrate on others )

force factories to re-open back in the states

military exercises at the border

harsher punishment for the guilty
There's really nothing more pathetic than the people in former factory towns who sit around waiting for someone to bring back the factory jobs to them instead of going out and finding other work.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Donate massive amounts of Aid to Britain.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6574|Mountains of NC

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Stop sending money to other nations ( we need to fix/help ourselves before we concentrate on others )

There's really nothing more pathetic than the people in former factory towns who sit around waiting for someone to bring back the factory jobs to them instead of going out and finding other work.
I don't know how many " specials " I've seen from like 20/20 or dateline ... got some dude with a trucker hat and former company jacket standing in front of the chained up gates just starring off into the parking lot while his '08 chevy 1500 idiles behind him .... moping
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SEREMAKER wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I don't know how many " specials " I've seen from like 20/20 or dateline ... got some dude with a trucker hat and former company jacket standing in front of the chained up gates just starring off into the parking lot while his '08 chevy 1500 idiles behind him .... moping
Half the people in those towns still expect Obama to bring work to them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6741|Salt Lake City

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

If these factories are in or near large metropolitan centers, I agree.  However, often times these factories are located in or around more rural areas where there isn't much else.  In those cases I blame poor planning by the city government in not courting other businesses to the area.  There is nothing more stupid than having a town's majority employment based around a single large employer.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

If these factories are in or near large metropolitan centers, I agree.  However, often times these factories are located in or around more rural areas where there isn't much else.  In those cases I blame poor planning by the city government in not courting other businesses to the area.  There is nothing more stupid than having a town's majority employment based around a single large employer.
If the town was based around a factory and the factory closes the town has no reason for further existence. Town dead, move on and stop clinging to the past.
-Frederick Bastiat
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6741|Salt Lake City

JohnG@lt wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

If the town was based around a factory and the factory closes the town has no reason for further existence. Town dead, move on and stop clinging to the past.
Many of these rural areas pre-date the factories, and have been the homes to people for many generations.  You don't just fold up a town and walk away.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Many of these rural areas pre-date the factories, and have been the homes to people for many generations.  You don't just fold up a town and walk away.
There's plenty of examples to prove otherwise just in your own state alone. How many 'ghost towns' are there out there in Utah and Nevada? When the gold or silver dried up people moved on and the town died. There's nothing to get all weepy about.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-11-13 12:52:27)

-Frederick Bastiat
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6773

JohnG@lt wrote:

BN wrote:

Pull out of Afghan and Iraq.
Pull back on unnecessary spending.
Invest in social programs and start looking after my own citizens.

Basically, opposite of what G W Bash did.
Two of those things you propose form a paradox.
Not to me they don't.

My own citizens would be my first priority. Not spreading my own brand of democracy to countries that are not interested in it.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5479|Ventura, California
Well BN, if you keep letting couch-potatoes sit behind their TVs living off of the U.S. taxes and living off of food stamps, be my guest and go ahead with what I call stupid social programs. How about abortion too? Yeah make that free and for everybody so 13 year old girls can get knocked up and not worry about it.

Society is bad enough already without that kind of stuff being more powerful.

What ever happened to people actually helping their neighbors out until they could get a job? People were more responsible a little while back.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6479|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Its simple

I would stop spending money i didnt have.

The overdraft can't go on, eventually it will have to be paid back so the sooner it gets paid the better. Yes it will hurt but HAS to be done.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

godammit, one wrong click and i pay for it.
Ioan92
+337|5728

Superior Mind wrote:

How do you save your country and your people?
By destroying your own country, save the rest of the world.

inb4flamewar
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Thats true, however I'm still waiting for someone to explain how the balance of trade is going to work if all a countries' consumer products are imported and none are exported.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Thats true, however I'm still waiting for someone to explain how the balance of trade is going to work if all a countries' consumer products are imported and none are exported.
Balance of trade is an old issue propagated by mercantalists. If money were finite and the world were a zero sum problem then yes, sending our money overseas to buy Chinese products at ten cents a piece would be a bad thing. The internal growth here in America offsets our trade deficit when it comes to total growth. Yes, exporting more than we import would increase our wealth but with globalization it's just not going to happen.

And if I ever see that video with the two islands and the one guy giving the other his money it will be too soon. Guy was wrong.
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

I'd get Rammunition a green card, and get Lowing a pair of glasses that allow him to see in only black and white. I'd then fire everyone who was straight from government work and rename the White House the Rainbow House. I'd get Michael Moore to desecrate Reagan's grave.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

I'd get Rammunition a green card, and get Lowing a pair of glasses that allow him to see in only black and white. I'd then fire everyone who was straight from government work and rename the White House the Rainbow House. I'd get Michael Moore to desecrate Reagan's grave.
He's yours! You can't get rid of him that easily!
-Frederick Bastiat
Skorpy-chan
+127|6350|Twyford, UK
How would I save America?
Well, my first act would be appointing my friends as cabinet.

Then, I would order the mountains causing the cloud of pollution over LA torn down and turned into aggregate for building up easily-flooded areas, like new orleans.
The issue with the border control could be solved by deploying the national guard to stop the illegal immigrants, and dropping some of the red tape for legal immigration to make it more feasible.
In an effort to balance the budget, I'd fire a full third of the civil servants, and spend any saving on sorting out the afghanistan and iraq situations through trying to find out where the taliban are getting their weapons from, and bombing the crap out of the supply lines.
I would also order the building of a gigantic :-p smiley in the midwest, visible from space.

And I'd nuke something, for the hell of it.
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Then, I would order the mountains causing the cloud of pollution over LA torn down and turned into aggregate for building up easily-flooded areas, like new orleans.
The issue with the border control could be solved by deploying the national guard to stop the illegal immigrants, and dropping some of the red tape for legal immigration to make it more feasible.
In an effort to balance the budget, I'd fire a full third of the civil servants, and spend any saving on sorting out the afghanistan and iraq situations through trying to find out where the taliban are getting their weapons from, and bombing the crap out of the supply lines.
I would also order the building of a gigantic :-p smiley in the midwest, visible from space.

holy shit its skorpy okmgmgmmsdagsdagasgas
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I just realised you're from somewhere that makes my toilet.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-11-14 10:46:40)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6350|Twyford, UK

jord wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

holy shit its skorpy okmgmgmmsdagsdagasgas
What, I was actually MISSED?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command
1. I would equip an elite private guard loyal only to me to which the secret service would defer to.
( the problem with this is that it would allow independence for myself as president and I would not be subject to being told what to say. It would be portrayed as a coup and signs of a mentally unstable leader subject to removal from office. The solution to the problem would be to surround myself with members of the media that had live feed so the public could be saturated with information straight from me, the popularly elected president, and rely on my own guards for security. )

2. I would turn the constitution on its head by assuming federal authority over all states and cities. The reason I would do this is because key to my reinvention is and end to corruption. In short, the public officials would be " drafted ' to serve this or that term, dog catcher or governor. At the end of their term they would retire from office with a five year pension to re-establish themselves. Their names would then be put back into the lottery, subject to serve office again. A citizen from New York could be drafted to be mayor of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. There would be no tolerance for graft or corruption and the penalties for not serving the community would be death.
( the problem with this is that people would rebel against being displaced as they served a term in a far away community, and politicians who get rich off bribes would be in near riot. The solution is twofold; the efficiency of the New America would inspire people to work hard and reap the shared reward, and those corrupt politicians currently in power would be culled; sent to harsh labor projects or executed. )

3. Cash would be a thing of the past.
It is the primary means of bribery and the number one means of tax evasion.
( the problem with this is that people would  view this as the sign of the beast according to religious studies. The solution would be to encourage religion and even fund it, and the public executions of corrupt officials and business persons who get caught being crooks would convince the public that it was okay. No implants. )

4. I would outlaw central banks owned by private companies and decree that the majority of key industries; health care, energy, police, prisons and arms makers be run as not for profits.

I would then write into law that the presidents term could only be one year. That any man could request to be president and his word would be law, confined by only a few basic rules if upon the end of his one year term he was put to death.

There would only be changes in these laws I established if one man was willing to die to change it. Hundreds of years might go by with no president, because just laws need not be amended or litigated.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6350|Twyford, UK
Damn, I missed one.

I would abolish elections and term limits, and change my title from 'president' to 'almighty', and shoot anyone protesting against me.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6773

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well BN, if you keep letting couch-potatoes sit behind their TVs living off of the U.S. taxes and living off of food stamps, be my guest and go ahead with what I call stupid social programs. How about abortion too? Yeah make that free and for everybody so 13 year old girls can get knocked up and not worry about it.

Society is bad enough already without that kind of stuff being more powerful.

What ever happened to people actually helping their neighbors out until they could get a job? People were more responsible a little while back.
I do think things like health, education and welfare are not wastes. Sure they need to be regulated so they are not abused.

Are you happy at the billions of dollars that are wasted in Iraq and Afghan?

Why not free abortion? The long term cost of the government of "unwanted children" would be great than the initial cost of an abortion.

I would also raise taxes - personal and business. Every other politician seems shit scared to do it, but how else are you going to dig the US out of this shit

Investing in your peoples future has long and short term benefits.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6773

ATG wrote:

1. I would equip an elite private guard loyal only to me to which the secret service would defer to.

2. I would turn the constitution on its head by assuming federal authority over all states and cities. The reason I would do this is because key to my reinvention is and end to corruption.
1. Your own special bodyguards like Saddam! Your own private army, sounds dangerous.

2. What corruption? What if you are corrupt? Will you do this by force with your private army?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard