justice
OctoPoster
+978|6743|OctoLand
Germany and Hannover 96 goalkeeper Robert Enke has died after being hit by a train in an apparent suicide, police have confirmed.
Enke, 32, was fatally injured at a level crossing northwest of Hannover.

The German football federation (DFB) said in a statement: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock."
Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff added: "We are in a state of shock. It is beyond words."
Enke's daughter Lara died in 2006 of a rare heart condition when she was just two. He leaves behind his wife, Teresa, and an eight-month-old daughter the couple had adopted in May.

German police released a statement saying: "The victim is apparently national team goalkeeper Robert Enke from Hannover 96. The first police indications are that it was a suicide."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal … 353733.stm

I had the pleasure of seeing this keeper play live for Germany.

R.I.P
I know fucking karate
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

R.I.P.
i saw the story when it broke, it did not mention suicide. i feel for the family, and always wonder what makes a person
pull the plug.
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5550|paris
When I first read these news, I was in shock. I thought that they had mistaken Enke with somebody else.
He was such an amazing and popular keeper, I think he was one of the best keeper that Germany had.

I still can't believe it.

R.I.P.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863
Real shock. Top Goalkeeper he was. Its now noted that he was suffering from depression for 6 years and feared his adopted child would be taken away if it was made public. Such a tragic story.

R.I.P Robert
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
You'd think if you had all the money and fame that you wouldn't do something like this but life doesn't work like that.

In other news, it's not good to be a Goalkeeper at the moment is it?

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has suffered "potentially life-changing injuries" in a motorbike accident in east London, police said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8357262.stm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard