WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5515|Fort Hood, Texas
This is so surreal to me. It's so close, I can't comprehend it happening.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5715|College Park, MD

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

if he doesn't get the chair or other method of execution, I will declare justice as deceased
death by firing squad
hang him like his buddy Saddam
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Karbin
+42|6308

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

either way he's fucked

probably under the UCMJ though, AKA military law. Depending on what the FBI finds I guess he could also be tried in federal court.
Just remember, that under military law, you are guilty as charged. The burden of proof of innocents is on the defendant.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Karbin wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

either way he's fucked

probably under the UCMJ though, AKA military law. Depending on what the FBI finds I guess he could also be tried in federal court.
Just remember, that under military law, you are guilty as charged. The burden of proof of innocents is on the defendant.
that's awesome
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida

honestly, now....

makes me ashamed to be American people are using this as an opportunity to blame him.  what the fuck people.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5372|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNN_ETf … re=related

honestly, now....

makes me ashamed to be American people are using this as an opportunity to blame him.  what the fuck people.
Because for a full two minutes he addressed everything but the shooting? It was disgusting.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

honestly, now....

Because for a full two minutes he addressed everything but the shooting? It was disgusting.
*insert video of Bush's reaction to Sept 11*
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

honestly, now....

Which is exactly why they're making such a big deal out of it. Obama was supposed to "not Bush", remember?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Which is exactly why they're making such a big deal out of it. Obama was supposed to "not Bush", remember?
Oh I thought you were making a big deal out of it. "It was disgusting" is what you thought of their reaction, not your reaction to Obama. My bad.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Oh I thought you were making a big deal out of it. "It was disgusting" is what you thought of their reaction, not your reaction to Obama. My bad.
No, my reaction to Obama was that he spent 2 minutes calling out cronies and patting people on the back before he addressed the murder of 12 people on an Army installation. He's supposed to be the Commander in Chief and the welfare of soldiers is his responsibility. He dropped the ball big time.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, my reaction to Obama was that he spent 2 minutes calling out cronies and patting people on the back before he addressed the murder of 12 people on an Army installation. He's supposed to be the Commander in Chief and the welfare of soldiers is his responsibility. He dropped the ball big time.
Oh you were making a big deal out of it?

Okay then.

*insert video of Bush's reaction to Sept. 11*
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Bush gave a pretty good one

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Sure did.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

AussieReaper wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUhh-GgGCI

Sure did.
Shame we had no cameras in the Oval Office when Obama got the phone call that Fort Hood was shot up. Obama's statement was done around 3 or 4 hours after the attack; plenty of time to prepare a good speech. Given the magnitude of 9/11 compared to the Fort Hood attack, it's understandable that it'd take longer for the proper speech to be made for Bush.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Yeah no bias there. lol
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6757|Reality

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

either way he's fucked

that's awesome
I can't believe this to be true. Link?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah no bias there. lol
wat

I'm just giving some perspective. How did YOU react when you were told that two planes just flew into the Twin Towers? I know most people were speechless. Believe it or not, Bush is human just like everyone else.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
Great article on the shooter...
Fort Hood: Let's Drop the Political Correctness
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl … 99072.html
"Falsehood has more consequences than the revelation of personal insincerity. What happened at Fort Hood was no kind of "tragedy." It was a criminal act, of the terrorist sort, performed by a man acting upon known Islamist motives. To present the perpetrator himself as a kind of "victim" -- a man emotionally distressed by his impending assignment to Afghanistan or Iraq -- is to misrepresent the reality.

This man was a professional psychiatrist, assigned to help soldiers cope with traumas. Is this the profile of a man with no control over his own emotions? It appears he had hired a lawyer to get him out of the military before his deployment overseas. Is this consistent with spontaneity?

He reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire on American soldiers. Would that perhaps offer a little hint of the actual motive? He shot about 40 people, over 10 minutes, with two pistols, neither of them military issue. Might that perhaps suggest premeditation?

There were reports from within the base (Fox News as usual seized on what other networks didn't), that accused Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan had not merely been making anti-war remarks about Iraq and Afghanistan, but adding things like, "Muslims should stand up against the aggressor." Do we still have a category for treason? He has been quoted from Internet postings comparing Islamist suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade. Another clue?

And all this is quite apart from less checkable information that was quickly available through the Internet, painting a much grimmer figure of a man with openly Islamist views, able to rise through the U.S. military, because of the syndrome of political correctness. Time is certainly required to sort through such reports, and separate wheat from chaff, but the initial information alone was inconsistent with the media's clichéd presentation of the "tragedy of a man in despair."

This deadly enemy of the West -- the Islamist ideology which holds all Jews, Christians, other non-Muslims, and a considerable number of Muslims, too, to be human filth in need of extermination -- is well infiltrated. Events like that at Fort Hood prove this, and from what I can see, the problem can only grow with the passage of time."
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX
This deadly enemy of the West -- the Islamist ideology which holds all Jews, Christians, other non-Muslims, and a considerable number of Muslims, too, to be human filth in need of extermination
Sounds like a sensible and well balanced article - I'd take it seriously.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6424|'Murka

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

The guy posted repeatedly to radical Islamic websites, walked in in traditional Islamic garb, shouted "Allahu Akhbar" and started shooting
What was it you said about hearsay?
I don't know about the last two bits, but several news sources I've seen have stated that he was being investigated for posts promoting suicide bombing.
It was reported on the news here. An hour and a half south of Ft Hood. Call it hearsay if you want.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6424|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Yeah. Couldn't deal with the reality of giving people the right to vote, get an education, choose their own way, etc. Couldn't deal with the reality of Americans putting their lives on the line and dying for people in the middle east (whether they asked them to or not). That reality must've really thrown him for a loop.
lol. Interesting that you left in the whole 'whether they asked them to or not'. Are you in total denial about middle eastern sentiment towards America? Team America:World Police was a satire, not a manifesto... What happens domestically in America is fine, it's the tentacles extending across the world that people have issue with. Your belief in your government's military altruism is amazing. This ain't WWII. The US had to hit Afghanistan for their role in 9/11 and now they can't leave Afghanistan because whichever president does earns the 'you lost Afghanistan' badge. Iraq had about as much to do with US security as the weather in Belarus - it was primarily to do with strategic interests. Surely you can't be as gullible as all that. I may be ridiculously sceptical but you swing the other way to a fairly ridiculous extent if you think soldiers were sacrificed by your government purely 'for people in the middle east'.

Sure the sentiment and intention of the average US soldier is pure and well meaning, but don't try and use that as some kind of qualifier of unwanted and unwarranted intrusions and interferences across the world, well beyond the borders of the nation.

Given that the fucker was not killed in the incident we will no doubt get to hear some testimony from him, if he hasn't found means to commit suicide before that.
I'm not talking about why we are there. I'm talking about the actions of the soldier, airmen, marines, and sailors who are there. I'm talking about the ROE that force them to put their lives at an increased risk now than before in order to prevent hurting/killing civilians while the enemy has no such restrictions and in fact, takes advantage of those restrictions. I'm talking about October 09 being the most deadly month of an 8-year old conflict because of those restrictions. So I'm not talking about macro-level sacrifices...I'm talking about micro-level sacrifices.

I knew you wouldn't get what I was talking about and would automatically jump to the ridiculous without putting any thought into it.

This guy was medical corps. He knew full well he was likely neither going to be shot at nor shoot at anyone, regardless of whether he went to Iraq or Afghanistan. There simply is no excuse, on any grounds, for his actions.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I'm talking about October 09 being the most deadly month of an 8-year old conflict because of those restrictions.
Prove the because bit.
Just think, if 150,000 troops hand't been held back and now tied up in Iraq how much easier it would have been, probably all over several years ago in fact.
This guy was medical corps. He knew full well he was likely neither going to be shot at nor shoot at anyone, regardless of whether he went to Iraq or Afghanistan. There simply is no excuse, on any grounds, for his actions.
Right TBH, there were no excuses, but its still worth trying to understand other peoples misguided motivations.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-09 06:14:20)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Yeah. Couldn't deal with the reality of giving people the right to vote, get an education, choose their own way, etc. Couldn't deal with the reality of Americans putting their lives on the line and dying for people in the middle east (whether they asked them to or not). That reality must've really thrown him for a loop.
lol. Interesting that you left in the whole 'whether they asked them to or not'. Are you in total denial about middle eastern sentiment towards America? Team America:World Police was a satire, not a manifesto... What happens domestically in America is fine, it's the tentacles extending across the world that people have issue with. Your belief in your government's military altruism is amazing. This ain't WWII. The US had to hit Afghanistan for their role in 9/11 and now they can't leave Afghanistan because whichever president does earns the 'you lost Afghanistan' badge. Iraq had about as much to do with US security as the weather in Belarus - it was primarily to do with strategic interests. Surely you can't be as gullible as all that. I may be ridiculously sceptical but you swing the other way to a fairly ridiculous extent if you think soldiers were sacrificed by your government purely 'for people in the middle east'.

Sure the sentiment and intention of the average US soldier is pure and well meaning, but don't try and use that as some kind of qualifier of unwanted and unwarranted intrusions and interferences across the world, well beyond the borders of the nation.

Given that the fucker was not killed in the incident we will no doubt get to hear some testimony from him, if he hasn't found means to commit suicide before that.
I'm not talking about why we are there. I'm talking about the actions of the soldier, airmen, marines, and sailors who are there. I'm talking about the ROE that force them to put their lives at an increased risk now than before in order to prevent hurting/killing civilians while the enemy has no such restrictions and in fact, takes advantage of those restrictions. I'm talking about October 09 being the most deadly month of an 8-year old conflict because of those restrictions. So I'm not talking about macro-level sacrifices...I'm talking about micro-level sacrifices.

I knew you wouldn't get what I was talking about and would automatically jump to the ridiculous without putting any thought into it.

The ROE is there for a reason. People think the war would be won if the ROE was torn up and thrown away and you could just go in and kill everyone Soviet style. It's not even a proper war anyway. The reality is that it's an insurgency/guerilla conflict. The Soviets barely had an ROE and they still lost badly.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5414
dont think he snapped mr Cam and followers.  just listened to an interview with someone who was in an army officer class with him.  he said shit like sharia law comes before the constitution and he is a muslim first and an american second.

but please, continue to bury your heads.
Karbin
+42|6308

Stubbee wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Karbin wrote:

that's awesome
I can't believe this to be true. Link?
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/mil … rt-118.htm

Look at the statement after the described definitions.
Also, ask anyone that has been in the service, be it under UCMJ or QO&R's.
It MAY be written "In order to support a finding of "guilty," the government must prove each and every element of the offense, beyond a reasonable doubt. ", the realty is that as the charged, you are Guilty when you walk into the court.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard